Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
was619
Billy The Kid

Drives: Cyber Grey 2SS/RS
Dyno/Tune Issue help please

Hey C5er's!
I went to the local dyno today for a group dyno day (24 cars total!)
I have had my car tuned with HPTuners from a well known local tuner(street tune)
The observations:
SES light Codes
P0161 - Heater Condition (Oxygen Sensor Bank 2)
P0056 - Oxygen Sensor
Speed Limited to 155mph (this is normal for a car on a dyno, 4th gear pull)

Previously the tune deactivated the speed limiter and the 02 is tuned out along with the A/F and other things normally done with a tune.

The Mods on My car are in my Sig the main ones here being
Intake, Headers(full exhaust) and Ported TB.
Also its the LS3

Is is possible that my car went back to the stock tune? The SES light came up shortly after filling up my gas tank but I filed it with 93 just not from the same station that I normally fill at.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Aesthetics: ZL1 Spoiler, DIY LED marker lights, AACPlasma DRL, Yellow Calipers, painted factory wheels
was619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
When your new tune was flashed to the ECM, your old tune ceased to exist. I know you don't want to hear this, but it sounds like some of the things that were supposed to be done in your tune were not.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
When your new tune was flashed to the ECM, your old tune ceased to exist. I know you don't want to hear this, but it sounds like some of the things that were supposed to be done in your tune were not.
Yup!
Old 03-17-2013, 11:42 PM   #4
was619
Billy The Kid

Okay yea I figured he just didn't get ALL of the Code needed to keep the SES coming on for the o2s
The speed thing is still a big downer being that I am planning on some private road (closed airport) high speed runs. I will be sure to have him look everything over.
Thanks for the input guys!
Aesthetics: ZL1 Spoiler, DIY LED marker lights, AACPlasma DRL, Yellow Calipers, painted factory wheels
Old 03-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
was619
Billy The Kid

It's all fixed now.
Had to set a few code to does not report other wise the message In the center display says "service engine soon" instead of the actual SES light.

Thanks guys!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
This is why I wouldn't want to go as a group dyno day. As much fun as it would be, I would rather have them take their time with the car and get it done right than to rush all 24 of you on the dyno.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #7
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
This is why I wouldn't want to go as a group dyno day. As much fun as it would be, I would rather have them take their time with the car and get it done right than to rush all 24 of you on the dyno.

Dyno day should not be tuning day. If your going to set up to dyno day, then do it.

When guys try to make a couple extra bucks and throw something into your computer for a quick turn around, usually get a problem because all of the discractions around you.

If you see something wrong with your car on dyno day, then make an appointment with your favorate tuner to have to car calibrated properly.

When I see shops setting up 5-10 cars for a dyno tune day, run from those. Great money for the tuner, but no time to detail tune each of the car properly low end and WOT.

Each vehicle should take about 3 hours to properly, but ive seen guys tie them down, do a pull or two, change the fueling, and charge $400. in 30 minutes
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:09 PM   #8
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
Dyno day should not be tuning day. If your going to set up to dyno day, then do it.

When guys try to make a couple extra bucks and throw something into your computer for a quick turn around, usually get a problem because all of the discractions around you.

If you see something wrong with your car on dyno day, then make an appointment with your favorate tuner to have to car calibrated properly.

When I see shops setting up 5-10 cars for a dyno tune day, run from those. Great money for the tuner, but no time to detail tune each of the car properly low end and WOT.

Each vehicle should take about 3 hours to properly, but ive seen guys tie them down, do a pull or two, change the fueling, and charge $400. in 30 minutes

Tags
hptuners ses light