Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 02-22-2018, 02:49 PM   #1
MIDNIGHTANGEL
Back4Revenge

Drives: BLACK CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to MIDNIGHTANGEL Send a message via Yahoo to MIDNIGHTANGEL
I would like to add Nitrous to the Supercharger:

*2010 LLT*

Give it to me straight fellas!

Overkill Stage 2 Supercharger (ZL1 Pump) +

Dry Shot on top of the Supercharger?

Wet shot on to of the Supercharger?

I'm thinking a 55 shot will suffice for me, anything more I'd beef other components up.

(Originally I wanted only a dual LED purge rapid fire kit with co2, BUT I'm not about faking it.) Now that I have real power I would like to push the limit.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:56 PM   #2
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Only if you want to destroy your engine. You pulley down when you have a supercharger.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:08 PM   #3
MIDNIGHTANGEL
Back4Revenge

Send a message via AIM to MIDNIGHTANGEL Send a message via Yahoo to MIDNIGHTANGEL
Not even a 55 or 30 shot? I thought our engines could handle 550 horses... I searched for info doesn't seem to show anyone tried it.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:47 PM   #4
MagnumForceGB

Nitrous shots on boost is double, so a 55 is a 110 shot. Mine is handling over 700 HP on stock internals, but I don't run nitrous for a reason, it is very hard on these engines. There are better ways to get more power out than using nitrous.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:22 PM   #5
MIDNIGHTANGEL
Back4Revenge

Oh SnaP! Where's your build thread lol I need to read that, 'Tis why i come here first for answers
Old 02-23-2018, 06:39 AM   #6
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
I tend to agree with Magnum Force, however, I had a 50 HP shot on my TwinTturbo LLT for years and I recently installed an LFX engine in my LLT, I still use it but I have it set up to only work on a hole shot and up to 5 PSI of boost then it shuts off. I have never had a problem using it this way. Really works well. I would, however, be reluctant to add it all the way up the power scale, only off the line, up to 5 PSI.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:12 AM   #7
MagnumForceGB

My build thread is the IPF Supercharger one that has a ton of posts.

Nitrous main advantage is the increase in torque, but with a proper setup a centrifugal can have more and be safer.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:39 PM   #8
MIDNIGHTANGEL
Back4Revenge

Understood. Nitrous is doable, but do the bare minimum. Alternatives are safer for longevity.

IM looking for Full LLT upgrades, the conversion to LFX i want to avoid, I want to make the strongest of the llt base.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:06 PM   #9
MagnumForceGB

Stick with the LLT, the LFX with its integrated manifold hurts performance.

Other upgrades depend on how much you want to spend and how well you can tune.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:13 PM   #10
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Trent was running a shot off the line for a while. Then he demodded
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 06:58 PM   #11
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Trent was running a shot off the line for a while. Then he demodded
LFX with twin turbos, needs it just to get a half decent 60'. And the LFX's twin turbos that ran nitrous all blew their engines.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:36 PM   #12
bleavens1962

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Trent demodded AFTER he blew up...
bleavens1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:26 AM   #13
bowtieracer

Drives: 2012 rs camaro
Just a response to the both TT Camaros blew up. The cars blew up because Trent and myself tried to spray the whole Qrt . And that was not the purpose of the nitrous. A TT LFX car will not allow the throttle blade to open completely due to the torque management system and the nitrous was to help the 60 ft .The LFX direct fuel injection fuel system barely can feed the TT at 13 to 15lbs of boost with a ZL1 pump the pump and injectors are at almost full cycle as the dyno shows. I had trouble all weekend due to some new stuff I was trying. But the 2 fastest cars at the same track on the same day egos over took common sense I knocked out a bearing and Trent crushed a piston down on the rings due to dentonation. But as far a running nitrous we have 2 cars running it with no problems. My sons car Retro-Ralley Sport runs 12.10 with a 100 shot and a Zl1 pump and Racergirl runs 12.50s witha 75 shot with stock pump we run 2 step colder plugs and good fuel and have no trouble. Make sure you use a good wet kit and good fuel and the knock sensors will take care of the timing dont let your ego over take common sense and you should not have no problem

Last edited by bowtieracer; 03-08-2018 at 12:39 AM.
bowtieracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:38 AM   #14
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieracer View Post
Just a response to the both TT Camaros blew up. The cars blew up because Trent and myself tried to spray the whole Qrt . And that was not the purpose of the nitrous. A TT LFX car will not allow the throttle blade to open completely due to the torque management system and the nitrous was to help the 60 ft .The LFX direct fuel injection fuel system barely can feed the TT at 13 to 15lbs of boost with a ZL1 pump the pump and injectors are at almost full cycle as the dyno shows. I had trouble all weekend due to some new stuff I was trying. But the 2 fastest cars at the same track on the same day egos over took common sense I knocked out a bearing and Trent crushed a piston down on the rings due to dentonation. But as far a running nitrous we have 2 cars running it with no problems. My sons car Retro-Ralley Sport runs 12.10 with a 100 shot and a Zl1 pump and Racergirl runs 12.50s witha 75 shot with stock pump we run 2 step colder plugs and good fuel and have no trouble. Make sure you use a good wet kit and good fuel and the knock sensors will take care of the timing dont let your ego over take common sense and you should not have no problem
He is running a LLT with a centrifugal supercharger, no turbo lag or throttle lag like the LFX. I can cut a 1.6 second 60' with no nitrous so it is not needed for the boosted LLT engines. All it will do is add stress to the engine when the point of centrifugal supercharger is there is less stress at max cylinder pressure.

Nitrous by itself is safe and slow, but start throwing it in with over double atmospheric pressure and it can be disastrous fast.