Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #29
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TStko View Post
too many camaros means poor resale value. Not like i'm looking to trade it but seeing many will force me to do some customizing. 30k is pretty expensive for the average person. 23 is not so it might be a lot of LS on the road. Nothings gonna sicken me more than to see a rundwon beat up dented Camaro on the road a year and half from now. Oh well you can't win them all. I doubt if it outsells the mustang though.
Actually

The average price of a new car sold in the United States is $28,400.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/cons...tos/aut11.shtm

I wonder what would happen to resale if GM goes under because they dont sell enough cars?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #30
siliconewolfgang

Drives: 2004 Hummer H2
if they make alot - they won't hold their value. I would like it to be unique and not over done. too much supply and no demand as the years go by- keep it special - not pimped out.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #31
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Tough call. I'd like to have something a little more rare, but at the same time, I love the idea that so many other people would realize how amazing this car is and buy it! Not to mention, the more they buy, the better GM does, the more guarantee we'll have that this car will stay around, and it will do better for domestic builds all around, showing just how well we can build 'em here!

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #32
thebiz198

Drives: car
having a rare car attracts theives. better lock them in a garage and clubs on the steering wheel when in public. possibly a fuel shutoff switch or else its gonna be gone...
thebiz198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:53 PM   #33
TStko
TKO

Drives: you crazy...
GM originally wanted to sell 100k a year, dayum!!!!!!!! Our grandmothers are gonna be pushing Camaros......theyre gonna end up with Impala resale value. lmao......

cars are like women, some are old, some are new, some get turned on easily some need a lot more help, some you just wanna drive into the river, some you can't wait to get inside of, some are expensive to maintain, some are low maintenance, however if you treat them right, you'll have her for the rest of your life.....
TStko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:58 PM   #34
Speed 1

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro 365 days a year
Who cares about re-sale.... Why buy one if ya thinkin of selling it?
Old 04-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #35
gm4life05sle

Drives: Torrent, Bonneville, Impala
Sell! Sell! I find it funny for those of you who love the car so much and don't want many around or many produced! More produced the more that will survive and be preserved for future generations. If you love the Camaro and GM enough you will let them sell them like mad, and hope they do. This car needs to be a hit, or prolly no 6th Gen and it will be hard as hell to restore one! You really want that? Or people that want the car not to be able to get there hands on one and share the same joy you have with yours? Is that really what you want? The more that are made the more after-market and someday restoration parts will be around. Your plain stupid if you don't want this car to sell 100K a year! Also your just "greedy" if you want a rare car that people can't enjoy. Only a special edition Z28 would be like that sorry. A V8 SS is still with-in reach of many people like you or I so why wouldn't it sell? Do you want to have a GM around at all? Sounds like a bunch of people that want to make hand over fist with a collector item not a bunch of people who love and want to enjoy the new Camaro. Low sales are not good for GM or the chance to have a 6th Gen or do some of you want to see it die and make it uber rare so you have the "only one"? Just a question...

I think they will be popular but not like Mustangs but you will see them around I am sure about the V6 LS/LT models as for the SS models they will be fewer and farer between I bet.

My son or I will be getting an SS and I would love to see them on the road, no not like Camry's but you know what I mean. So the car isn't uber rare or hard to restore or gets parts for.

2007 Pontiac Torrent FWD
2005 Chevrolet Impala LS
2005 Pontiac Bonneville SLE
2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan
Coming someday... A 5th Gen Camaro SS
gm4life05sle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:05 PM   #36
Speed 1

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro 365 days a year
gm4,

Well said!!!

I think some people just have the need to be noticed...

Stand out, be cool... stuff like that
Old 04-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #37
gm4life05sle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed 1 View Post
gm4,

Well said!!!

I think some people just have the need to be noticed...

Stand out, be cool... stuff like that
Thank you sir! I know people all want to be rock-stars trust, me they'll just look at the car not you!

As far as being cool it won't be like a Camry or Malibu but you will see them, were not talking about a Corvette ZR-1 if you want a rare Chevy buy one of those. Cars at this price-point aren't meant to be rare, but enjoy and preserved for furture generations! Trust me everyone in a Camaro will be "cool", its a CAMARO! They need not worry about that!

For the first year or so it will be like that for them so everyone gets there way. But look at how many people on here love them and we want to screw each other out of the chance to preserve and share the joy of this car? If we don't were hurting GM and Chevrolet. How stupid is that or are we just that greedy and short-sited, its just a question! I hope when my son or I get one someone has one in my 'hood for photo shoots.

2007 Pontiac Torrent FWD
2005 Chevrolet Impala LS
Old 04-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #38
pruettfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2011 Z28
I really hope the Camaro is a hit. I really think it will be. The more popular it is, the better for the resale and aftermarket. As a former GTO owner I loved the car but because it was not common the resale was horrible. I was lucky to buy at the perfect time in terms of discount but I still took a bit of a bath. At this point GM is on the brink of failure and if for no other reason every GM fan should be hoping for every car to be a hit.
pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #39
gm4life05sle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
I really hope the Camaro is a hit. I really think it will be. The more popular it is, the better for the resale and aftermarket. As a former GTO owner I loved the car but because it was not common the resale was horrible. I was lucky to buy at the perfect time in terms of discount but I still took a bit of a bath. At this point GM is on the brink of failure and if for no other reason every GM fan should be hoping for every car to be a hit.
Thank you, so that is what happens with "rare" cars like the GTO huh? Sounds logical to me, thanks for your personal insight and beliefs. Yes the GTO is rare and they are dirt cheap, 10K with under 50,000 miles on eBay! So much for a rare car having great resale. And no mass produced car like Camaro will ever be as rare as some folks around here may want it to be.

2007 Pontiac Torrent FWD
2005 Chevrolet Impala LS
Old 04-02-2009, 10:17 PM   #40
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
i hope they sell tons of them! A camaro in every drive way. Thats what my campaign promise will be when I run for president in 2012
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:17 PM   #41
gm4life05sle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam2fst4u View Post
i hope they sell tons of them! A camaro in every drive way. Thats what my campaign promise will be when I run for president in 2012
You got my vote, no matter what party you belong too.

2007 Pontiac Torrent FWD
2005 Chevrolet Impala LS
Old 04-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #42
pruettfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2011 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TStko View Post
GM originally wanted to sell 100k a year, dayum!!!!!!!! Our grandmothers are gonna be pushing Camaros......theyre gonna end up with Impala resale value. lmao......
Actually I read an eventual projection of 300k per year so 100k is pretty small in comparison. The Camaro has been out of production for a long time and this car is brand new. It will be a long time before they will be real common. If it sells less than 100k per year it may not be around for very long because GM needs to sell everyone they can. At 100k per year they would be about 4x more common than the G8. I don't see G8's very often so I think we have a long way to go. Especially in this economy.
pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote