Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-02-2009, 10:40 PM   #43
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
Actually I read an eventual projection of 300k per year so 100k is pretty small in comparison. The Camaro has been out of production for a long time and this car is brand new. It will be a long time before they will be real common. If it sells less than 100k per year it may not be around for very long because GM needs to sell everyone they can. At 100k per year they would be about 4x more common than the G8. I don't see G8's very often so I think we have a long way to go. Especially in this economy.
GM isn't planning on 300k Camaro's per year, that would make it GM's best selling car. I love the Camaro, it's a great car but a two door sports coupe/muscle car is not going to outsell the Impala or Malibu.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:48 PM   #44
gm4life05sle

Drives: Torrent, Bonneville, Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal View Post
GM isn't planning on 300k Camaro's per year, that would make it GM's best selling car. I love the Camaro, it's a great car but a two door sports coupe/muscle car is not going to outsell the Impala or Malibu.
Yup.

2007 Pontiac Torrent FWD
2005 Chevrolet Impala LS
2005 Pontiac Bonneville SLE
2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan
Coming someday... A 5th Gen Camaro SS
gm4life05sle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:08 AM   #45
siliconewolfgang

Drives: 2004 Hummer H2
Lets be real the Camaro won't save GM. GM is what it is by way of the high paid executives that spend more time on retreats and golfing than actually working. They made too many promises the the people who do actually work, they didn't care to consider where they were going down the road - promises were made by retired executives that have their billions and live in huge expensive homes and now they have all they need. They let the unions run them in the ground. Spend Spend Spend - more more more - give me give me give me... it is sad to see GM in this situation but the Camaro can't be the only thing to save their company. Everyone there has to take a step back. Especially the "big Wigs" they are just not worth what they think they are worth. America is being sold to China and other foreign countries. We get fatter and fatter thinking we are so great -well yes we are great - we need to work like our grandfathers and bring jobs back to the USA - we as Americans need to be realistic in our expectations and remember they call it work for a reason. Heres hoping America will rebound and we all learn a few lessons - Especially with our new President and his administration - spending too damn much - we will all pay pay pay - you'll see.

I hope they build just enough to keep it special and then focus on outdoing the foreign car makers that take the money we spend on their car and send it to Japan...

It will be a beautiful car and a tradition of American muscle - which is what made us a great nation in the first place. As you say gm4life - it is the heartbeat of America

America- the Greatest Nation on Earth
Old 04-03-2009, 12:45 AM   #46
TStko
TKO

Drives: you crazy...
No plans on selling. I'm talking about all the dum dums who switch cars every 2-3 years putting themselves upside down. What good is a car to me if Tom Dick & Sally can get it for a little bit of nothing. I prefer moderate sells. Also regardless of what stats say $30k is a lot for the average household. No way the average house is paying $500+ for a note for multiple cars.

Moderate sales. In which the LS will eventually come out dominant just like the base Mustang.

cars are like women, some are old, some are new, some get turned on easily some need a lot more help, some you just wanna drive into the river, some you can't wait to get inside of, some are expensive to maintain, some are low maintenance, however if you treat them right, you'll have her for the rest of your life.....
TStko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:16 AM   #47
nonsensez9

Drives: 05 mustang gt
You definitely won't see as many Camaros as Mustangs. Mustangs have a 4 year head start. It took 2 to 3 years until they were everywhere. And they will continue to outsell Camaro simply because of the price. that's the tradition.... not to mention the economy was awesome in '05 and Ford sold a ton in those days.
nonsensez9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:13 AM   #48
xless

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss/rs sim
hey everyone i just became a member today, i live in south orange county,ca i was wandering how many people were around me and if they had preorderd their camaro already?
xless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:57 AM   #49
SpeedDemon

Drives: 2002 ZTS Silver Focus
ummm....gm4life05sle......that GTO remake was rare because no one bought it because it looked like crap....lol.....of course its going to have crappy resale...it was a Fail! no one wanted it.....except maybe for the awesome horsepower.......lol.
This is a completly differn't story you have to remember............lol.....
If GM goes under soon. the current 5th gen will be a 'collectable' no doubt all you pre-order people that are getting or have your car already could resell it for probably double to triple what you paid for it or even more! and with that money you could design your own 6th or 7th gen........
personally im not that anxious about a 6th or 7th gen..........
and i will tell you why..........they are going to ruin it..........they are going to try and remake this 5th gen to be better and give it a face lift say 5 years down the road if not sooner and when they do its going to look like crap. Because they cant make it better, this is the best! they are not going to know how to make it better.lol
I cringe when people say 6th gen.
because they probably wont get it right again untill 8th or 9th gen......lol.
I mean come on, 1st and 2nd gen are nice! what the heck happend to the ones after that? o wait, it took them x amount of years to get it right again....

what they should do is build this car for 5 years and just stop.....just stop production like they did in 2002 so it does not get over flooded. and take the time for a break from it for a few years and make a good design and come back, they will get a ton of sales that way when it does come back, personally i think they should do that with every model car type out their.

Ford Mustangs already screwing up on theirs.lol.
You can all see it clearly in the 2010 Mustang if you dont know what im talking about,
it 'kindov looks like the 2005 remake' thats a sign its going downhill. People should be saying Thats a 2010 Mustang! It looks nothing like the 2005! lol.
The Ford Mustang is not Americas favorite, it is just the car that has been produced the longest and is very, very, very, over flooded the market........the 2010 Mustang makes me sick, their is no innovation their at all. I dont see how they keep selling those things to be honest.............lol.
If Ford was smart i would trick everyone out and stop production on the Mustang for 5-10years and then bring it back......i bet you the first year back they would sell a million of them.lol.
SpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:34 AM   #50
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
Sweet.... how bout a 5th Gen before 2011
Ah, a fellow squid! (well, I'm a former squid). What's your rate?
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:38 AM   #51
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
Camaros will never sell like Accords, Camry's or SUVs.

But it needs to approach Mustang-like numbers. Those obsessed with owning a "rare" car need to save up and buy a Corvette. Those that are secure enough to not mind passing another Camaro every 10 minutes, buy one, customize it to make it unique...and POST PICS!!
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:14 AM   #52
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
I would love to see them have to expand the plant due to demand while their hybrid crap rots on the lots
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:30 AM   #53
VictoryRed08

Drives: 08 Cobalt LT2,
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ#48Racing View Post
I hope every person buys one. That way it will always be here. Besides, the design of this car is like a blank canvas, it leaves a lot of room for us to customize for originality.
Just look at the page that everyone copied what they are getting from the Build your Camaro Chevy site. So many different combinations and thats just whats offered by the manufacturer. I think that the demand for custom parts will be quite high with this camaro. Personally, I'd love to mod the V6 I'll get so that it's more comparable to the V8 stock mustang power wise, thats my dream.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:31 AM   #54
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconewolfgang View Post
Lets be real the Camaro won't save GM. GM is what it is by way of the high paid executives that spend more time on retreats and golfing than actually working. They made too many promises the the people who do actually work, they didn't care to consider where they were going down the road - promises were made by retired executives that have their billions and live in huge expensive homes and now they have all they need. They let the unions run them in the ground. Spend Spend Spend - more more more - give me give me give me... it is sad to see GM in this situation but the Camaro can't be the only thing to save their company. Everyone there has to take a step back. Especially the "big Wigs" they are just not worth what they think they are worth. America is being sold to China and other foreign countries. We get fatter and fatter thinking we are so great -well yes we are great - we need to work like our grandfathers and bring jobs back to the USA - we as Americans need to be realistic in our expectations and remember they call it work for a reason. Heres hoping America will rebound and we all learn a few lessons - Especially with our new President and his administration - spending too damn much - we will all pay pay pay - you'll see.

I hope they build just enough to keep it special and then focus on outdoing the foreign car makers that take the money we spend on their car and send it to Japan...

It will be a beautiful car and a tradition of American muscle - which is what made us a great nation in the first place. As you say gm4life - it is the heartbeat of America

America- the Greatest Nation on Earth

Hmmm here we go.....
1) No it wont save GM be itself......but selling a ton of Camaros will help.

we as Americans need to be realistic in our expectations and remember they call it work for a reason.
Heres hoping America will rebound and we all learn a few lessons
I hope they build just enough to keep it special and then focus on outdoing the foreign car makers

Soooooo we want to be realistic and learn a few lessons but not on our watch because you want a rare Camaro? I dont think that is going to save anything.....
Seems a little off to me..........

JMHO
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:36 AM   #55
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDemon View Post
ummm....gm4life05sle......that GTO remake was rare because no one bought it because it looked like crap....lol.....of course its going to have crappy resale...it was a Fail! no one wanted it.....except maybe for the awesome horsepower.......lol.
This is a completly differn't story you have to remember............lol.....
If GM goes under soon. the current 5th gen will be a 'collectable' no doubt all you pre-order people that are getting or have your car already could resell it for probably double to triple what you paid for it or even more! and with that money you could design your own 6th or 7th gen........
personally im not that anxious about a 6th or 7th gen
and i will tell you why..........they are going to ruin it..........they are going to try and remake this 5th gen to be better and give it a face lift say 5 years down the road if not sooner and when they do its going to look like crap. Because they cant make it better, this is the best! they are not going to know how to make it better.lol
I cringe when people say 6th gen.
because they probably wont get it right again untill 8th or 9th gen......lol.
I mean come on, 1st and 2nd gen are nice! what the heck happend to the ones after that? o wait, it took them x amount of years to get it right again....

what they should do is build this car for 5 years and just stop.....just stop production like they did in 2002 so it does not get over flooded. and take the time for a break from it for a few years and make a good design and come back, they will get a ton of sales that way when it does come back, personally i think they should do that with every model car type out their.

Ford Mustangs already screwing up on theirs.lol.
You can all see it clearly in the 2010 Mustang if you dont know what im talking about,
it 'kindov looks like the 2005 remake' thats a sign its going downhill. People should be saying Thats a 2010 Mustang! It looks nothing like the 2005! lol.
The Ford Mustang is not Americas favorite, it is just the car that has been produced the longest and is very, very, very, over flooded the market........the 2010 Mustang makes me sick, their is no innovation their at all. I dont see how they keep selling those things to be honest.............lol.
If Ford was smart i would trick everyone out and stop production on the Mustang for 5-10years and then bring it back......i bet you the first year back they would sell a million of them.lol.
So you want GM to go under because you want a rare car?
You may have the means to design your own 6th or 7th gen.... get real
Just because you dont want a 6th or 7th gen....screw the rest of us huh....seems alittle selfish
I stopped reading when you said "I will tell you why"... you have no idea what GM is going to do with the car.... your assumptions prove nothing.

Good day
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #56
Ant

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT/RS (V6)
I of course want this car to do well, but I don't want the streets to be FLOODED with them like the Mustang. I want them to sell just enough so that they will make a 6th and 7th gen lol.
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote