Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-03-2009, 12:08 PM   #71
catmaster1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Here is my thoughts....This is the first production Camaro since 2002! That is an 8 year gap!!! No matter if they sell 1 or 1,000,000 you can tell anyone who asks that this is the first year camaro after the 8 year break in production. There will alway be "that guy" that wants the first year anything that comes out. Even a few years down the road, because it was the first. And most importantly it is a piece of our nations history! And as an armed forces member thats important to me.
-In short there will always be love for this car!!!
catmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #72
SAUCE

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS BLKonBLK
I guarantee you will see as many as you do mustangs!! just like you use to see a diff 4th gen everyday. Even with the times the way they are this car is too popular and really anticipated! If it was a big issue to me then I wouldnt buy one! I dont mind it at all cause its not a big deal. we all die in the end so who cares?

2SS RS
CGM
black panel
DT spoiler

Right off the bat:
CAI
FAST LSXr Intake
LT's
SLP loudmouth
SAUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:34 PM   #73
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Guess I'm in the minority on this one. I don't want it to be a rare car. I want other people to share my love of the car with and I want it to be a real success for GM.

But I don't want it to be watered down. And guess what? That doesn't make me pretentious or selfish. The 'Mirror' comment is stupid. You can't tell me that you don't enjoy your individuality. I help people any time I get a chance, I put my volunteer time in, I enjoy giving more than receiving. So I want to be different, that doesn't make me a bad person.
Sorry you didnt like the mirror comment....but its true. It wasnt pointed at you. It was more pointed to the people who basically said they dont care what happens to GM as long as their Camaro is rare....
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #74
gm4life05sle

Drives: Torrent, Bonneville, Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
Sorry you didnt like the mirror comment....but its true. It wasnt pointed at you. It was more pointed to the people who basically said they dont care what happens to GM as long as their Camaro is rare....
Exactly, I understood your point.
Lets just hope they sell, as good as they look!

2007 Pontiac Torrent FWD
2005 Chevrolet Impala LS
2005 Pontiac Bonneville SLE
2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan
Coming someday... A 5th Gen Camaro SS
gm4life05sle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #75
achalk

Drives: 2SS/RS+GFX/black/black
I see both sides of this discussion, for sure. I certainly don't want to see GM (or any other American car company) go under. I sure hope nobody on these boards would, either. However, I also want to turn some heads...and let's face it, that won't happen when they are all over the road (see Mustang). I think the word "rare", may be mis-used in this discussion. If you want rare, you need to pony up more than the Camaro costs. It's partially modeled for affordability (wisely so).

However....that's why I pre-ordered! I get the best of both worlds, as I have no doubts this beautiful, well-designed/built Camaro will sell. But, I'll get a head start on the public majority in cruising around first. Win-Win!
achalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #76
Maddog78

Drives: 1969 Z28
I would like to sell them sell 100K+ this first year.

Otherwise the Gov't Oversight commitee, whatever it's called, will shut it down.
Maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #77
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog78 View Post
I would like to sell them sell 100K+ this first year.

Otherwise the Gov't Oversight commitee, whatever it's called, will shut it down.
And you got this information from?
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #78
Maddog78

Just an opinion.

C'mon, look at some of the statements coming out of Washington.
If a V6/V8 muscle car isn't a huge sales success, you don't think this committee will have something to say about it continuing?
It will be deader than a door nail and GM will be forced to make 1.2 liter 4 cyl. fuel sippers.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:51 PM   #79
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog78 View Post
Just an opinion.

C'mon, look at some of the statements coming out of Washington.
If a V6/V8 muscle car isn't a huge sales success, you don't think this committee will have something to say about it continuing?
It will be deader than a door nail and GM will be forced to make 1.2 liter 4 cyl. fuel sippers.
I didn't think this thread was political, at least the the OP.

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #80
Maddog78

Not political but when the Gov't fires the CEO and the Board of the company that is going to make this car, well it becomes political. Especially when they have also made many negative comments on the current lineup and direction of the company.

Anyway it's my opinion that if this car isn't a big hit it will be gone.
You think otherwise?
Old 04-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #81
KATHY63

Drives: 2010 IOM manual 2SS
I talked to our dealership today and we could have our IOM by the end of the month. They are getting their first batch of Camaro's by then. CAN'T WAIT!! Has anyone seen any of the camaro's in the dealerships? We have been to two of them in our area that are supposed to have them, but we can't find them. Is there an official release date or something?
KATHY63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #82
ShnOmac

No official arrival date at dealers...... but we do have good word they are on their way! They could start showing up any day!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #83
Maddog78

Further to my last post, I think it will be a hit so we don't have to worry.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #84
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Ok folks....

I got off the phone w/ Michael not too long ago (he was at work) and he told me that he got the call from his dealer that his vehicle was picked up by truck at 0430 hours on Sat morning....that would be...

April 4th

......for those that were wondering.

We don't know how long it will take for him to get his car, but he DOES live in MI! SOOOOOoooooo........

We might very well be seeing delivery in a couple days....or even tomorrow! There are many stops to be made for these delivery drivers. There is no telling how long it will take. But, we DO know for FACT that he was told his car was picked up at 4:30AM...Yes, the dealer was able to tell him that. We do not see any reason for his dealer to lie to him.

So, for EVERYONE who's order was in shipping, let's hope for the best. We really need to see those Camaros beginning to show up at dealers and this is the BEST delivery info we've seen so far!

I've got my fingers crossed for you, bud!
They are on their way!