Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-01-2021, 04:01 AM   #1
Pablo Azcobar

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS, 2014 Jeep JK
2010 Camaro 2SS L99 No Compression Left Bank

hi sirs! I have a 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 with about 10000miles on it.

A few months ago I started it and while idling really well, it backfired once, and then kept misfiring after, after some time it felt like it was running on only 4 cylinders, and a few minutes later, showed the LOW OIL PRESSURE warning and it shut off. I scanned it and it had misfire codes on cyl 1, 3, 5, 7.

I also noticed the left exhaust blowing out metal debris, more like sand so I removed the cats, and yes it was the left side cats.

I also did a compression test with throttle full open, and 1, 3, and 5 showed 30psi, while 7 showed 90. The right bank shows 220 more or less on all 2, 4, 6, 8.

So, I removed the left head, as I suspected some debris stuck on the valve seats, and there was non. Did a valve leak test with gasoline and no leaks.

I reassembled it, then did a compression check and it was the same 30psi. Also started it and it was still running on 4 cylinders only, and then gave me the LOW OIL PRESSURE warning at idle. Giving it a bit of gas would bring oil pressure up to about 30 to 40 psi.

I suspect the lifters crack the valves open a bit. I dont understand how the cylinder shut off works on the L99.

Not much help out here in the Philippines.

Really need help on this one. Thanks!
Pablo Azcobar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat damage, compression, l99, misfire