Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #57
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS View Post
Don't let these guys get you down. I have an all black LS. I live it. I'm getting LS badges and embracing what I have. Like many have said no ones cares or knows what you have outside of a small % of people. They see a bad ass looking car cruising and heads turn. I contemplated wrapping my good in matte black cause I thought it would look sweet. I ended up with dark metallic grey T3 stripes. To make it look fast or like transformers camaro? Mo. Cause I like the way it looked. That's all that matters. No one else is making your payments. I'm 29 and could of got SS but decided a custom LS was more my speed for now. Do what YOU like and what you think is cool (outside of badge posing).

Btw, we should all be united as camaro owners here..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Amen!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #58
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Remove stripes and black out hood like on 1LE or leave stripes???

If its what you want, then do it...most people still won't even know what the 1le is anyway, lol. I hope you've got a garage to keep it in tho, seems like the guys who park outside have a lot of pain keeping the wrap looking good.

My two cents - I don't care what you do to your car, as long as you're not trying to sell me it as something it's not. I don't understand why someone would badge something incorrectly, but I'm not gonna have a fit over it. I've considered a bumper swap myself, since I like the fog ports on the zl1 bumper better, but the mail slot won out, believe it or not

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #59
AndrewMinhas

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
If its what you want, then do it...most people still won't even know what the 1le is anyway, lol. I hope you've got a garage to keep it in tho, seems like the guys who park outside have a lot of pain keeping the wrap looking good.

My two cents - I don't care what you do to your car, as long as you're not trying to sell me it as something it's not. I don't understand why someone would badge something incorrectly, but I'm not gonna have a fit over it. I've considered a bumper swap myself, since I like the fog ports on the zl1 bumper better, but the mail slot won out, believe it or not
yeah thats hard to believe that you picked the mail slot over the zl1 bumper
Old 08-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #60
whemming

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
Some people I Swear! The 1le is a package , same as RS is a package. So adding halos to a non RS is posing?

People have different goals for a car...some are show some are go..nothing wrong with buying a cheaper model and adding the styling features of a more expensive model.

People just get peepee hurt when someone has a car that looks as good or better than thiers, but paid less. Why does this have to be a peepee measuring contest?

Get over yourself, because no matter what you have someone has something better. Just enjoy what you have and make it yours. If yours is that nice zl1 bumper, le1 hood, etc. Go for it! Its your ride so do whatever you want.

However upbadging I agree is not cool.

Now to the OP...wrap that hood...it looks bad ass! Then get those zl1/1le style wheels...they are by far the best wheels GM has ever produced.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #61
AndrewMinhas

Quote:
Originally Posted by whemming View Post
Some people I Swear! The 1le is a package , same as RS is a package. So adding halos to a non RS is posing?

People have different goals for a car...some are show some are go..nothing wrong with buying a cheaper model and adding the styling features of a more expensive model.

People just get peepee hurt when someone has a car that looks as good or better than thiers, but paid less. Why does this have to be a peepee measuring contest?

Get over yourself, because no matter what you have someone has something better. Just enjoy what you have and make it yours. If yours is that nice zl1 bumper, le1 hood, etc. Go for it! Its your ride so do whatever you want.

However upbadging I agree is not cool.

Now to the OP...wrap that hood...it looks bad ass! Then get those zl1/1le style wheels...they are by far the best wheels GM has ever produced.
good response
Old 08-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #62
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Here is my 1LT with a ZL1 Grille and the TL1 insert, badged as a 1LT to be sure nobody mistakes it for a ZL1 poser. I love the look I have, and from all the compliments I get so do a lot of other people.
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #63
OzzySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewMinhas View Post
yeah thats hard to believe that you picked the mail slot over the zl1 bumper
Well, I do like my mail slot, but it won out also because of cost and work required for proper fit I diy as much as I can, so the car is a hobby I'm learning as I go

Old 08-22-2013, 06:26 AM   #64
AndrewMinhas

I've actually done everything on my car myself even the stripes. They're easier than people say they are. But if I get the hood wrapped I might take it to someone
Old 08-22-2013, 06:43 AM   #65
whemming

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
Quote:
Well, I do like my mail slot, but it won out also because of cost and work required for proper fit I diy as much as I can, so the car is a hobby I'm learning as I go

I'm considering getting a zl1 bumper and having the mailslot added
Old 08-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #66
OzzySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewMinhas View Post
I've actually done everything on my car myself even the stripes. They're easier than people say they are. But if I get the hood wrapped I might take it to someone
Yeah, laying vinyl really isn't very hard, but I don't think I'd do a whole hood by myself properly. The guys that wrapped my hood did a really good job, I don't think I could match it.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #67
OzzySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by whemming View Post
I'm considering getting a zl1 bumper and having the mailslot added
How would you go about doing that? Or are you just messing with us :P

Old 08-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #68
AndrewMinhas

Quote:
Yeah, laying vinyl really isn't very hard, but I don't think I'd do a whole hood by myself properly. The guys that wrapped my hood did a really good job, I don't think I could match it.
It won't be that much anyways