Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-27-2018, 07:20 PM   #169
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post

When the first pictures of the 6th Gen came out everybody hated it, and now they love it.
Wrong. Totally Wrong. the reveal thread is at the top of the forum. That was a euphoric day in Camarofandom.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:55 PM   #170
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Quote:
Everybody hated the 5th Gen Refresh in pictures and ended up loving it.

When the first pictures of the 6th Gen came out everybody hated it, and now they love it.
Nope, read the thread. 90% were very excited about the reveal.
Then, read the threads on 2019. It truly is an ugly design, picture or reality, 3D or computer rendered. From every angle.
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 12:03 AM   #171
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
Wrong. Totally Wrong. the reveal thread is at the top of the forum. That was a euphoric day in Camarofandom.
You are wrong, he is wrong everybody is wrong
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 12:28 AM   #172
JAG SS

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
I have a theory about the refresh, and am curious if anyone has thoughts on it. I've been reading this thread on and off, trying to observe. My opinions of it aside, I think that GM is trying to appeal to a different/younger generation. Maybe that is why the front end has some styling cues from other popular vehicles. Dodge seems to have capitalized on that younger market, being cheaper and more raw muscle (at least in the adds). The camaro has always had more of a classy style that attracts different people groups. Just like mustang has been know as a teenage girls car. I am not saying that GM did the right thing or not, but it seems to be something that they had in mind. They probably figure that guys like us will buy one anyway, or at least buy up all the 18's and wait for the next gen... One thing for sure, with the recent economical growth and more people having jobs than in the last 15 years; if GM can make the camaro appeal to the next generation of car buyers, it could really put the camaro back on top. Obviously, I would not want to see the camaro compromise on its core values merely to obtain a sales record; however it is something to ponder.
JAG SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 03:28 AM   #173
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Everybody hated the 5th Gen Refresh in pictures and ended up loving it.

Opinions do change, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.

The world is not as black and white as you think it is.
Take a look in the reveal topics:
2014 refresh reveal
6th Gen reveal Topic
2019 refresh reveal

You can't argue that people disliked the other ones like the 19
Old 07-28-2018, 06:29 AM   #174
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Nobody thought that...Do a search on this forum...Everyone loved the look and badazz look when the sixth gen first came out.
Don't try to sugar coat this, man..
The refresh is awful...

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:20 AM   #175
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Wrong - The gen5 refresh taillights received a lot of hate.

Wrong x2 - The gen6 received hate from both Camaro5 and M6G. The spoiler is ugly, the taillights are ugly, the body lines are overly exaggerated, the upper front grill to too narrow, it’s too crapped inside, the trunk/rear seat are too small. ...and my favorite...it looks too much like a gen5. #1 M6G slam was “its so ugly...”

The gen6 refresh is getting more hate then supporters but that’s hard to gauge. The overall number of gen5 and gen6 owners that think their car is the best increases each year. Also factor in that the shout down from the haters are pretty intense this round.

We now read posts from gen5 guys that HATED the gen6 but traded for one years later.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 08:23 AM   #176
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdepew View Post
I still don't get people saying it is "growing on" them. I can't see how anything like this would grow on you. If you like it, great. If you don't like it, unfortunate.

If you really liked it, I think you would like it as soon as you saw it. It shouldn't need to grow on you.

I honestly think those saying it is "growing" on them are just people who really, really *want* to like, and have just come to accept it or have gotten used to it. I guess "growing on you" can just mean you have gotten used to its ugliness (if you are one who thought it was ugly when you initially saw it).
Nope I was not a fan of the 6th gen looking at the photos I needed to see one in person after that I liked it.

Same with the refresh needed to see it in person and I like it. If I was in the market for a new Camaro I would hold off until the refresh hit the lots.
Old 07-28-2018, 08:37 AM   #177
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Nobody thought that...Do a search on this forum...Everyone loved the look and badazz look when the sixth gen first came out.
Don't try to sugar coat this, man..
The refresh is awful...
I totally disagree , the 6th gen didn't go over well at all , i would go as far as saying it was more hated then the 2019 refresh . The refresh will be fine like it or not . Wait till the 7th gen comes out and you'll see the same thing happen with it .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:07 AM   #178
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Wrong - The gen5 refresh taillights received a lot of hate.

Wrong x2 - The gen6 received hate from both Camaro5 and M6G. The spoiler is ugly, the taillights are ugly, the body lines are overly exaggerated, the upper front grill to too narrow, it’s too crapped inside, the trunk/rear seat are too small. ...and my favorite...it looks too much like a gen5. #1 M6G slam was “its so ugly...”

The gen6 refresh is getting more hate then supporters but that’s hard to gauge. The overall number of gen5 and gen6 owners that think their car is the best increases each year. Also factor in that the shout down from the haters are pretty intense this round.

We now read posts from gen5 guys that HATED the gen6 but traded for one years later.
Gracias!!! I was waiting for someone to say that.
Do we remember when the 6th gen appeared in a crappy morning show before the press realese? Geez people hated the car so badly when that happened
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:16 AM   #179
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Yea, I was with you. Was just saying it to GM. It's like they get a golf clap or something. Is this the first vehicle that they offer the switch backs on? Cus I don't recall any other model, even Cadillac having them.
My CTS has them.
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:45 AM   #180
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Seems a lot of people on here have very short memories

In a couple of years it wouldn’t surprise me if people are hating on the new 7th Gen reveal and saying how the 6th Gen refresh is better!
Old 07-28-2018, 12:37 PM   #181
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
Gracias!!! I was waiting for someone to say that.
Do we remember when the 6th gen appeared in a crappy morning show before the press realese? Geez people hated the car so badly when that happened
Yeah another Wrong. That was the 2014 on Kelly Ripa's show. Bad screengrabs were shared.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 01:38 PM   #182
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
Yeah another Wrong. That was the 2014 on Kelly Ripa's show. Bad screengrabs were shared.
Incorrect. The 2016 was scooped on TV also

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=60
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote