Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #15
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
When I was a Company Commander, I treated my soldiers as adults and expected them to act that way, but I'd tell them, if they screwed up, they might as well head on down to clothing sales and get one lighter, 'cause they were going to need it. "Tryin' Not to Get One Lighter Sir" was the unofficial company motto. I am happy to say, I never had to reduce anyone, and not because of me or the threat but because my NCOs took care of NCO business. HOOAH!
Ah the memories.

I was enlisted and if I'd been in your company you wouldn't even have known my name. For me it was do my job, and stay out of sight and out of mind.

Did my 4 years and bolted. Squad leader for almost 3 of them but my NCOIC kept me gone.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #16
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Ah the memories.

I was enlisted and if I'd been in your company you wouldn't even have known my name. For me it was do my job, and stay out of sight and out of mind.

Did my 4 years and bolted. Squad leader for almost 3 of them but my NCOIC kept me gone.
I would have known ya' I was a PMCS Commando, and hated being in an office, now if you wanted to get rid of me, put me on one of the pieces of construction eqmt and I was like a little kid. I am retired now, but my wife and kids still have to do their -10 Preventative Maintenance to this day
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #17
NateSS
1337 AH64D driver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
not buying the whole "dealing with stress and death" excuse. Now if it were a bunch of battle hardened marines or spec ops, yeah i'd cut em some slack.
sure, i cant stand political correctness either ... but these are americans in UNIFORM. and i see a few nco's in that picture who should have known better.

if nothing else, some of them should have thought.... " hhmmm if this pic were to get out, what would happen?" lots of widows of fallen soldiers took offense to this. bad enough that they have had to endure the loss of their soldier, but then they look in the news and see some of this bullcrap.

And as an NCO, someone should have also thought " hmmm i wonder what kind of pain and embarassment this photo would cause for my commanders, officers, peers, and subordinates."

Political correctness is for off duty only. You raise your right hand, and take on the responsibility of honor and high standards required when wearing the uniform. We work for the American people, and stuff like this just causes drama that could have been avoided.

But am i completely disgusted about this? nah. Disappointed? sure. Do I think we need to crucify them? nope. I'm sure they'll get some form of "counseling". People make mistakes. I just hate to think of stupid crap like this happening which then leads to a witch hunt