Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #183
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
"What is understood does not have to be explained"
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #184
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearBangr View Post
I dont care what your arguments are, some of you guys just want a badge to show off.
My 97 Z28, as much as i love it, does not do the brand justice. This car does.
If its not for you theres a ZL1 or 1LE that fits the need.
VERY WELL PUT and well thought out!

OK Mr. Twisty - I need to add Mr. GearBangr to the will as well...........
Old 03-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #185
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
You are absolutely right. We ARE limiting the market for this car. It is not for everyone.

I'm trying to decide exactly what the issues are here and I'm starting to believe it's because we have two schools of thought here:

The first school wants the Z/28 to go back to its roots. (Hint: did you note that the car is a "Z/28" and not a "Z28"??? -- go do your homework.......)

The second school wants a Z/28 (I should say in this instance "Z28" that can be built 15 bazillion different ways........)

We made a decision and we're sticking to it. The "Z/28" is a hallowed moniker that became 'less and less' to some people over the years.....

If you are not happy the way the Z/28 is configured, we offer you:

>SS/L99

>SS/LS3

>SS/1LE/LS3

>ZL1

And if that's not enough for you - you may want to consider ordering a 1LE and then modding or dropping your own LS7 engine in the engine bay........

Lastly - and I'll say it again (pay attention!) CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
And thanks to you I did do my homework many moons ago..

I know more about the Camaro line then I ever thought I would..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #186
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCamaro View Post
Check out the options and price of the '69, and you want to try and tell me that the 2014 is "true to it's 1st gen heritage" ? No, it's not.
I was hoping that it would be. I'm not sad, more mad than anything else.
I'd love a Camaro Z/28 that wasn't designed to be a garage queen.
GM has other ideas. I'll just keep looking, maybe the new 'Cuda will look better than some of the renders online.

We aren't talking 1969 Camaro Z/28.....we are talking the original Z/28.

There's a subtle difference.

Further - that was 1969 -- this is 2013.

We didn't have crash standards in 1969

We didn't have CAFE in 1969

We didn't live in a litigious society in 1969

And -- apparently we lived in a more reasonable and polite society back then........

Please go price an LS7. Then tell me how you'd offer a car (knowing that every manufacturer has to get to 50+ mpg by 2022 and it's an upward slope.

I'll say this again: CAFE WILL NECESSARILY PRICE V8 PERFORMANCE HIGHER AND HIGHER....... That's not something that GM or Ford wants - but it's something we must comply with.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:06 PM   #187
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
If people are complaining about the estimated price then they do not understand the cost of go fast goodies.

Obviously there is a group here who wish this car was watered down to a price point they can afford but to those people I ask "how different would a car like that be to what Chevrolet is offering now"?

OK Mr Twisty and Gear Bangr - move over - gotta make room for Mr. Hylton in the Will.............
Old 03-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #188
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
That's true. But it doesn't mean GM should jack up the price to insure it doesn't make it to the track or be suitable for garage queens. Right? I mean stripped down it shouldn't cost what they're going to charge for it. Plain and simple.
That's not why the price will be high. Are they removing a few things? Yes but it's peanuts in terms of cost savings. The real cost is in the brakes, engine, rear-end, wheels and tires. It costs money to design, build, acquire and test this stuff.

Please stop thinking this is a stripped down car. The car is going to be expensive and rightfully so.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #189
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Welp, that about wraps it up then. FbodFATHER has spoken. If ya don't have around $70-75k, then ya don't have a car. Forget about ever owning a Z/28, mod the Hell out your current ride and be happy!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #190
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Fbodfather, I wish to thank you and the entire Camaro team for putting together such an awesome Z/28! I have been a Camaro owner and fan since the '60s, having bought new Camaros in '67 (RS) and '69 (Z/28). I was beginning to believe that we'd never see another Z/28 built with the heritage of the original Z/28, the Camaro team has knocked it out of the ballpark and I'm ecstatic! You've always said to "keep the faith" and that practice has finaslly paid a very handsome dividend.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #191
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
As a Camaro enthusiast and dealership employee, I'm super stoked at the Camaro lineup now. Even though I dispise the hood extractor and chrome on the front bumper of RS cars, I think the lineup is the best it has been since 1969. We're pretty lucky to have such a wide array of cars to choose from. I've been a dealership employee for a long time and this is the best lineup of cars I've ever seen.

If you're complaining about the Z28 being too expensive, you only want the car for the badge. If the 1LE were badged Z28, you would be doing cartwheels with excitement and singing praises to GM. You should be doing that anyway. The Z28 was just a badge for a long time. It's finally getting back to where it all began.

Bravo to GM for building this car and not making it a badge like it was for the better part of 30 years.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #192
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
I wish I could afford a new Z/28, but I'll be content with my 1LE for now. I owned a '69 Z/28 with standard steering, and a radio. Wonder if the younger generation could imagine wrenching that steering wheel around, with out power assist, and hearing that DZ 302 screaming through the chambered exhaust. The Z/28 is back to it's roots with a vengence.
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #193
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
It seems regardless of price the Z/28 (beside the name) is not what those arguing want anyway. What if GM offered the Camaro with others options and at other pricepoints...Oh they DO!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #194
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCamaro View Post
"voice of wisdom and reason"
At least you have a sense of humor...

I HAVE to have a sense of humor! Look at the bashing in the past three days.

People are carrying on about tail-lights to the point that you'd think the world was coming to an end.

We unveiled a legendary car yesterday -- and yet no matter WHAT we do - we have people saying horrible things......

...and ONE person wanting to "take it to Camaro5Fest" --

People - how 'bout we stop and think before we post? How 'bout we realize that just because we don't always get what we want doesn't mean that others are completely wrong or that "..the Disciples should be fired!...."

Yeah -- I'm just hootin' it up here............
Old 03-28-2013, 02:21 PM   #195
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Welp, that about wraps it up then. FbodFATHER has spoken. If ya don't have around $70-75k, then ya don't have a car. Forget about ever owning a Z/28, mod the Hell out your current ride and be happy!
WHERE did I say $70-75K?

Please do not put words in my mouth.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #196
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
You are absolutely right. We ARE limiting the market for this car. It is not for everyone.

I'm trying to decide exactly what the issues are here and I'm starting to believe it's because we have two schools of thought here:

The first school wants the Z/28 to go back to its roots. (Hint: did you note that the car is a "Z/28" and not a "Z28"??? -- go do your homework.......)

The second school wants a Z/28 (I should say in this instance "Z28" that can be built 15 bazillion different ways........)

We made a decision and we're sticking to it. The "Z/28" is a hallowed moniker that became 'less and less' to some people over the years.....

If you are not happy the way the Z/28 is configured, we offer you:

>SS/L99

>SS/LS3

>SS/1LE/LS3

>ZL1

And if that's not enough for you - you may want to consider ordering a 1LE and then modding or dropping your own LS7 engine in the engine bay........

Lastly - and I'll say it again (pay attention!) CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
So from today's stand point will the ZL1 be the moniker that has track/comfortability in one? I guess what I'm asking is will it be available for the 6th Gen and stick to the format from the 5th Gen.

Thank you.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote