Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 11-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #15
chuckstacamaro

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS BRM Purchase 03/19/2014
Beware the Sleeper....V-8 Muscle in V-6 clothingh.. Anyone can can slip in a 500 plus HP engine into a car that looks stock or slow... My 66 Pontiac LeMans back in the day had the 326 Badges and looked a nice low performanfce V-8 stocker. But under the hood was a modified 428, buildt up turbo 400 Trans with 11"converter and 3:55 posi...She ran low to mid 13's all day long. and fooled many of the big blocks..
chuckstacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:47 AM   #16
Fotowns Finest
Harbinger of Doom

Drives: "Marolyn"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven02TA View Post
the spoiler is not wrong on the car if its a 93 or a 94.

car in the pic looks like a 93/94 transam. so yes it has the "corvette" LT1 . the Transam fascia,sideskirts, and badging in the correct place. and more than likely has the rear bumper and "slotted" style tails that the LT1 birds came with.

in 93 or 94 if the car had the high rise spoiler it would be called a "Transam GT". they dropped the "GT" in 95 as the high rise spoiler became standard.

the "induction hood" would have come only on the ws6 or the firehawk.

more than likely the car is truely an LT1 T/A. rated at about 275 rwhp. with a 6 speed. and capable of a sub 14 sec pass in stock form (some have cracked the 13's)

unless you tree the crap out of him on a launch. he has your number and even if you tree him. he will run you down.
looks like ill have to start looking for a LS1 lol
Fotowns Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:27 AM   #17
96z
Youngest z28 owner.

Drives: 1996 Camaro z28
It dosent matter what's under the hood... Your car looks much better‼
96z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #18
mulehead7
stubborn as a ...

Drives: '94 Trans Am
Here's a picture of my '94 TA. His car looks a lot like mine. The old school LT1 doesn't have the most horsepower but torque is good on the low end. The '94 and '95 TA's with the low spoilers had a governor on them because they did not come with speed rated tires. He will stop accelerating at about 103 mph so you may have a chance in the quarter. My best quarter was 13.9 and the governor kicked in at the finish line. No street racing. Take him to the track. Just don't bet anything the first night. And he might blow it up if he's that arrogant anyway.
Attached Images

mulehead7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:31 AM   #19
WarShrike

Drives: Pontiac Firebird & Mazda3s GT
That first image is pretty pixelated in some spots. I think it says trans am and Mulehead's post just reinforces that.

More than likely, this guy thinks his car is hot stuff, but is probably poorly maintained. He's probably got a tired LT1 that might sound to him like god's gift to engines, but is running piss poor and tired. You could beat him based on traction alone because I'm almost willing to bet he doesn't have good tread on those tires.

Take him to the track, get it on video so we can watch both of you run 15's.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #20
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
the door says trans am, im sure of it. it also has the TA front fascia. looks like a trans am to me, maybe someone swapped the spoiler on it. i could be wrong, but thats what i think
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #21
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
I guess I aint the only one who hates them trans am wings, both cars have T/A noses but short spoilers.
xx_ED_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:01 PM   #22
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Firstly, those are C5 Rims so he is right in saying that he has 'corvette rims'. Those however aren't anything special since they're the base 'vette rims. The LT1 motor was not only the powerplant for the Camaro, Firebird, Roadmaster, Impala, Caprice.. but also the Corvette.
While I do lol at the "Corvette motor" comment the guy made, remember that the LT1 was a little different between the sedans, f-bodies and y-bodies.
not to mention, in 94, they didn't use a "true" LT1 in the caprice's, but rather the L99 which had a slightly smaller displacement.

all that said...I'm sure this guy (if he even has a v8) has a generic LT1 and anyone who claims that their fbody has a corvette engine is trying to blow smoke up your a$$.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:56 PM   #23
Fotowns Finest
Harbinger of Doom

Drives: "Marolyn"
i still have yet to see this guys car, probably wont for a while now that theres snow on the ground
Fotowns Finest is offline   Reply With Quote