Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #15
ss/rs-matt

Drives: 2015 ZL1
So just to be clear, the stock 2011 front end links will work with the OEM ZL1 sway bars? I thought the stock SS end links were kind of weak?

ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:10 AM   #16

Drives: 2SS
I upgraded my 2011 ss with the ZL1 stock sways. For the front sway bar I used the ZL1 endlinks which are bigger than the stock 2010 front endlinks, they have a bigger body and a 12mm bolt instead of 10mm bolt. So I ended up drilling the front strut and everything went ok. We have a couple of pictures with bent front endlinks of the 2010-2011 models, the 2012 model has a revised endlink which can be found also on the ZL1 and 1LE.

On the rear sway I needed new control arms which had the bolts for the new rear sway endlink in them. I did the install myself with help of some friends, not complicated to change the rear lower control arm and you don`t need to compress the spring etc, you will figure it out when you are at that step.

One thing to mention is the fact that I went to the mechanic for the front sway in order to lift the engine and tranny so I could take away the old sway and put in the new one.
Good luck!
332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:27 AM   #17
newcamaroguy7

Drives: red camaro ss 2010
how much does all this sway bar changing an lower control arms help with your traction??? it sounds stupid but im about to hve 500+ wheel with stock suspension and my gf gets worried at times lol just might do it for piece of mind
mods: ported tb,1 7/8 TSP lth, adm Cai and scoop, 3:73 gears,exhaust and RPT Tune.

best time before headers: 12.6@111
newcamaroguy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:53 AM   #18
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
The rear it helps a lot!!!!!!!!! It is not that hard to change out
Old 11-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #19
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcamaroguy7 View Post
how much does all this sway bar changing an lower control arms help with your traction??? it sounds stupid but im about to hve 500+ wheel with stock suspension and my gf gets worried at times lol just might do it for piece of mind
A stiffer rear bar helps by making the IRS more like a solid axle and moving together which is only one piece of the puzzle. I'd also suggest cradle bushings, upper control arm bushings, trailing arms with outer knuckle bushings and toe links. These parts will knock out the thought of wheel hop and make the rear end much more stable.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote