Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #15
riderguy999
can't wait

Drives: 2lt RS
I am having the same problem but I am bieg told to remove my remote starter so I did i unplugged the remote starter modual. Then I was told to remove the wiring it was the problem so I did. My problem is still there. Now they are saying because I tapped into the wires that it will not ever work right again. Unless the main harness is replaced at my cost. I call bull shit. I as well need a fix for this. The stupid part of all of this is that I am a auto tech and I know it needs a bcm but they won,t listen to me. Dead end wires can not talk. Let me know what happen please
riderguy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #16
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
I don't know if this will help, but everytime I take my 2011 to the dealer the key fob will not work when the car is parked where the service advisors are. I think the signal is being blocked or at least interferred with by all the electronics on the driveway. Any where else the key fob works fine. Check to see where you park if there is a lot of AC units, generators or anything that could interferre with the signal.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #17
riderguy999
can't wait

Drives: 2lt RS
No that is not my problem, now what is new is my whole inside of my car went dead nothing worked and I mean nothing. And just before it happened all my warning lights went off. The car still ran and drove. Now what
riderguy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:19 PM   #18
ReoRockStar

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT 45th AE
This just happen to me tonight. Any updates on this issue?
Old 02-20-2014, 06:31 PM   #19
chrome_gurl

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT
This is happening to me tonight as we speak! Went into the store, came out and my keyfob wouldn't open car. No biggie I thought.. Maybe the battery. Call Onstar.. They "unlock" it 3x and car NEVER unlocked. Touch the door handle and it starts alarming so open w my key, put key in ignition, car STILL alarming and won't start. Not happy! Now waiting for roadside assistance. Really???? I'm not happy. This car has given me no issues until now and now unless I want to Leave my car alarming, I'm stuck sitting in it until Onstar calls me back and sends me someone who will prob just tow me :/
chrome_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:32 PM   #20
chrome_gurl

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT
...and I have to pee so bad!!! --- insert bad words here---

After working all day in the emergency room this is not what I need to deal with :(
chrome_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:03 PM   #21
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
My fob is not working either. What mine does is it will unlock the car but when I try to lock it, it does nothing. I have to lock the car with the inside cabin door lock button in order to lock both doors. This does not activate my anti theft cause the red light is not flashing.
I have a fresh battery in the fob so it's not a battery issue. The other fob works fine.
Not sure what I need to do and this is something that just started happening.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:47 AM   #22
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
This just happened to me last night. Left the tennis club and drove downtown. Parked in front of the AppleStore which was closing around 9pm. Got my Chile Verde dinner at the Taqueria next door and walked back to my car. FOB dead. Car wouldn't unlock. Trunk wouldn't unlock.

Opened the door manually with the key and the alarm starting going off. I couldn't open the trunk with the button inside the door either. Started the engine and the alarm stopping sounding and now the trunk could be opened with the button inside on the door.

Drove home 2 miles away. Grabbed food and tennis bag from the car and it locked up nicely with the FOB. Same thing this morning ... I was able to unlock the car with the FOB. Got to work (where I'm typing this now) and was able to lock the car up no problem.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote