Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-20-2019, 12:58 PM   #15
CHRISCAM

Drives: 2013 Summit White 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
Just apply more pressure to the go pedal and it bypasses the skip shift programming.
**This**

I've had my 2013 1LE for a month now. I've seen the 2-4 skip shift light exactly 3 times, and every time I've seen it it was really due to my own improper shifting technique.
Step on the gas and rev your 1-2 shift like a proper muscle car should be shifted and you won't see this light.
Dawdlers pay the price by babying their cars too much. You bought an SS LS3 in the first place, now shift it like it's supposed to be shifted!
I'm only being mildly facetious here.
CHRISCAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 01:41 PM   #16
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISCAM View Post
**This**

I've had my 2013 1LE for a month now. I've seen the 2-4 skip shift light exactly 3 times, and every time I've seen it it was really due to my own improper shifting technique.
Step on the gas and rev your 1-2 shift like a proper muscle car should be shifted and you won't see this light.
Dawdlers pay the price by babying their cars too much. You bought an SS LS3 in the first place, now shift it like it's supposed to be shifted!
Rev shifting may work in some area of the country but drive in Hoboken , NJ and see how well it works
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 02:19 PM   #17
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
**This**

Not so easy to avoid when your in traffic at times. And even worse is in traffic going up a incline. The 2 best things I've done is removed the skip shift and the HSA nonsense. Now this car does what I want, when I want, how I want.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 02:32 PM   #18
CHRISCAM

Drives: 2013 Summit White 2SS/1LE
I'm not talking about revving up to the point where you're breaking the tires loose or really launching like at the dragstrip. I'm talking about winding it up just a little more than a lazy-calm takeoff. No tire chirping needed, just give it a little more throttle than bare minimum to get rolling (which, that amount, coupled with lingering too long in First, is what seems to contribute to seeing the Skip Shift feature engage in the first place).
I'm not advocating any unsafe acceleration-- just don't drive it like a librarian driving a beige Corolla and it should behave itself.
CHRISCAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 03:13 PM   #19
Silveradoss573

Quote:
I'm not talking about revving up to the point where you're breaking the tires loose or really launching like at the dragstrip. I'm talking about winding it up just a little more than a lazy-calm takeoff. No tire chirping needed, just give it a little more throttle than bare minimum to get rolling (which, that amount, coupled with lingering too long in First, is what seems to contribute to seeing the Skip Shift feature engage in the first place).
I'm not advocating any unsafe acceleration-- just don't drive it like a librarian driving a beige Corolla and it should behave itself.
Like mentioned many, many times on this forum regarding the skip shift and HSA...

What works fine for a particular region or driver may not work well for others. So if you don't have a issue then keep it. I tried many times to adapt but couldn't. I came close to getting rid of my 1le very shortly after buying it last year because of the issues I kept having with the skip shift and HSA activating at the worst times. Thankfully in a way I'm about 10 years behind others on these cars and was able to find plenty of threads on here on how to address what I found to be absolutely ridiculous and a couple times just a plain dangerous setup as had others.

And bonus on top of everything else, my transmission is much better at going through the gears somehow? The last owner had mentioned that going into 2nd at times was a bit notchy which I noticed when I bought the car. Now going into 2nd is like butter now....not sure why but it is. Honestly it seems that 1st to 4th is so much more improved than when I picked her up. Maybe it seems that way because 2nd is so seemless now?
Old 04-20-2019, 09:38 PM   #20
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
The display is NOT a shift light. It’s the CAGS display diagram that shows 2nd & 3rd are blocked and that you have to shift to 4th. Hence my comment when it appears even after having the ship shift eliminator harness installed ... “go F yourself”

ps - first muscle car brand new '66 GTO 4 speed 389, nuff said
I know it’s not a shift light, I was being facetious.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:42 PM   #21
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
Just apply more pressure to the go pedal and it bypasses the skip shift programming.
That’s normally the case. I usually shift around 20-25 or somewhere close so I don’t see it that often. But when I’m traffic behind slow people it gets aggravating very quickly.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 12:54 AM   #22
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Very rarely do i encounter the skip shift feature. I do plan to get it tuned out though
Old 04-21-2019, 08:56 AM   #23
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
Not so easy to avoid when your in traffic at times. And even worse is in traffic going up a incline. The 2 best things I've done is removed the skip shift and the HSA nonsense. Now this car does what I want, when I want, how I want.
AMEN me too
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:43 AM   #24
Silveradoss573

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
AMEN me too
Old 04-21-2019, 01:53 PM   #25
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
1st to 3rd more optimal

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:17 PM   #26
Silveradoss573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
1st to 3rd more optimal
^^^Fact^^^

I do this with mine every now and then. I'll start in 1st then skip to 3rd then 4th or 5th depending on the situation. But nothing good comes from 1st to 4th.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:09 PM   #27
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
^^^Fact^^^

I do this with mine every now and then. I'll start in 1st then skip to 3rd then 4th or 5th depending on the situation. But nothing good comes from 1st to 4th.
Yep. Lugs wayyyy too much when you go that far in the shift. Maybe if you hit 50mph in 1st then shift to 4th? Lol

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:31 PM   #28
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Yep. Lugs wayyyy too much when you go that far in the shift. Maybe if you hit 50mph in 1st then shift to 4th? Lol
35-40 is good if that's the limit.