Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-24-2019, 10:36 PM   #1
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Question Altec 1LE Splitter

Does someone own the Altec 1LE splitter?

https://www.altecdevelopment.com/pro...blf-cc141le-cf

The part number is BLF-CC141LE-PU and sold by Ikon Motorsports.

https://www.ikonmotorsports.com/2014...er-lip-pu.html

It's made of Polyurethane. How does it compare with Polypropylene and ABS? What material is the OEM splitter?

Attached Images

Old 03-25-2019, 09:53 AM   #2
jokrz187

Drives: 2015 1SS
Let me give you my break down of these splitters that are made to mimick the OEM. They are not the OEM, they are going to use different mounting points on the front fascia and are not 100% secure as the OEM. The OEM has a bracket that gets riveted to the front lower part of the fascia. These don't come with such bracket and just mount use a number of various screws. They won't hold up to high speeds on the highway and definetly not on the track. If you look, they have holes in the middle and back side of the splitter and thats it, nothing near the front where the most down force will be applied. I have done tons of research and reached out to fellow enthusiast and the result is, buy only the OEM with the accompaning bracket. These are not gonna hold up performance wise unless you have the know how to. Just my five cents.
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
jokrz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:00 AM   #3
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
I've had two different polyurethane splitters from Ikon Motorsports and they mount the same way as the 1LE lip and have held up to lots of abuse. The splitter that needs the extra mount brackets is the z28 splitter. I highly recommend them as they are very flexible and help when you scrape when low.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:22 AM   #4
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSEssence View Post
I've had two different polyurethane splitters from Ikon Motorsports and they mount the same way as the 1LE lip and have held up to lots of abuse. The splitter that needs the extra mount brackets is the z28 splitter. I highly recommend them as they are very flexible and help when you scrape when low.
To confirm, you replaced the OEM 1LE splitter with the Altec 1LE splitter from Ikon Motorsports and it mounted into the OEM points?
Old 03-25-2019, 12:27 PM   #5
SSEssence

No mine was a stock SS, but I would figure it would mount the same to your 1LE bumper.

Old 03-25-2019, 01:01 PM   #6
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
No mine was a stock SS, but I would figure it would mount the same to your 1LE bumper.
Mine is a stock SS too, but it's the Commemorative Edition, so it came with the 1LE splitter.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:08 AM   #7
jokrz187

here is a thread about the 1LE splitter and mounting the 1LE splitter for the 2014-2015. don't get fooled that you can just screw some of these up to the bumper.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442025
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:32 AM   #8
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokrz187 View Post
here is a thread about the 1LE splitter and mounting the 1LE splitter for the 2014-2015. don't get fooled that you can just screw some of these up to the bumper.
Yes, but as mentioned, my vehicle came from the factory with the 1LE splitter. I'm simply shopping for a replacement.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:28 AM   #9
jokrz187

sorry, miss understood. so if you have the OEM splitter with the bracket already mounted, you can drop some serious coin and get this one.

https://andersoncomposites.com/colle...evrolet-camaro
Old 03-26-2019, 10:11 AM   #10
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokrz187 View Post
sorry, miss understood. so if you have the OEM splitter with the bracket already mounted, you can drop some serious coin and get this one.
I'm hoping to spend the least possible amount, while maintaining decent quality. I feel $500 for an OEM splitter is insane.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:15 AM   #11
SSEssence

With the Ikon splitter, you have two mount points in the center front, one on each side of the fender and like 13 attachments in the middle, it is solid, if you have installed one, you would see that its solid.

Old 03-26-2019, 10:22 AM   #12
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
With the Ikon splitter, you have two mount points in the center front, one on each side of the fender and like 13 attachments in the middle, it is solid, if you have installed one, you would see that its solid.
I've read good reviews about it. The one question that remains unanswered is if it mounts to the existing 1LE splitter holes. I contacted Ikon and they're weren't able to tell me. I sent an email to Altec and they replied in broken English with a link to purchase one.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:42 AM   #13
SSEssence

It is not intended to be an exact 1LE splitter replica, it is made to look like the 1LE style but a bit extended and mounts to a SS bumper. If you're trying to keep existing brackets, may have to pony up for an actual GM OEM 1LE splitter. If you get the Ikon, you may or may not have to drill holes underneath.

Old 03-26-2019, 10:46 AM   #14
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
It is not intended to be an exact 1LE splitter replica, it is made to look like the 1LE style but a bit extended and mounts to a SS bumper. If you're trying to keep existing brackets, may have to pony up for an actual GM OEM 1LE splitter. If you get the Ikon, you may or may not have to drill holes underneath.
Now that's helpful information. If it's made for an SS that's not a 1LE, then it surely won't mount into the 1LE holes.
What do you mean by a bit extended?