Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-20-2019, 11:10 AM   #1
SpectreSS

Drives: 2011 1SS, Manual
Indianapolis Header Install Shop?

Can anyone in or near the Indianapolis area recommend a shop for headers?

Im getting ready to pull the trigger but wanted recommendations.
SpectreSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 11:37 AM   #2
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I'm sure there are a few. I've used Full Throttle by the airport a time or two in the past. Also used Mike Norris in Plainfield. Both are full performance shops but good at what they do.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 01:36 PM   #3
Red jewel 10
Red jewel 10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2 ss/rs
I've also used Mike Norris Motorsports with great results.
Red jewel 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 04:16 PM   #4
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
I know you want someone else to do it, but the install is really rather simple to do yourself. I did mine on jack stands in my garage and I'd never installed headers before in my life.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:05 PM   #5
GAD

Drives: Silver 2014 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
I know you want someone else to do it, but the install is really rather simple to do yourself. I did mine on jack stands in my garage and I'd never installed headers before in my life.
+1

I’d never done headers either. Granted I have a lift, but it was simple. The hardest part for me was removing the O2 sensors wires🤣. I just couldn’t get them disconnected.
2014 Silver 2SS L99 with Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LT Headers, Kooks Cat-less 3” exhaust, TS Stage 3.2 VVT CAM, Circle D 3200 Stall, E85 Kit, FIC 850cc injectors and Elite Engineering Catch Can. Dynoed at 478rwhp.
GAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:32 PM   #6
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
I never understood this myself. A lot of people just have simple things done at the shop and then call themselves car guys. I think you appreciate the car better if you do the work yourself.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:07 PM   #7
GAD

Drives: Silver 2014 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
I never understood this myself. A lot of people just have simple things done at the shop and then call themselves car guys. I think you appreciate the car better if you do the work yourself.
Whuuut? So you have work on your car to be qualified to call yourself a car guy? Lol. Don’t be silly.
2014 Silver 2SS L99 with Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LT Headers, Kooks Cat-less 3” exhaust, TS Stage 3.2 VVT CAM, Circle D 3200 Stall, E85 Kit, FIC 850cc injectors and Elite Engineering Catch Can. Dynoed at 478rwhp.
GAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:08 PM   #8
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Some people just don't have time to work on their cars. Saying this dude isn't a car guy because he's asking for shop suggestions is dumb.

And this is coming from someone who installed their headers in their garage on jack stands.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:29 AM   #9
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Some people just don't have time to work on their cars. Saying this dude isn't a car guy because he's asking for shop suggestions is dumb.

And this is coming from someone who installed their headers in their garage on jack stands.
He who has the most money to get everything done at a shop wins. Pretty much the mentality in LA, I guess.

I'm not the only one who thinks this way either. There are more "dumb" people who carve out time and work on their own cars. Sorry you took "offense" to my comment.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:23 AM   #10
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Raymonds Performance in Plainfield has done a ton of work on my camaro, including S/C, headers, suspension, and driveshaft.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:04 AM   #11
gm2376

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
Quote:
He who has the most money to get everything done at a shop wins. Pretty much the mentality in LA, I guess.

I'm not the only one who thinks this way either. There are more "dumb" people who carve out time and work on their own cars. Sorry you took "offense" to my comment.
you are not the only one who thinks that way....but it is still dumb....not everyone has the space, the tools or the time.
ZL1 10 spokes,Dart 388,ECS Supercharger 2200x, E85 Flex Fuel sensor, Dart 388 , B&M Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 4000 Triple Disc TC,Katech Ported Heads, Texas Speed Sheet Metal Intake, ECS Big Blower Cam,ID 1700s, Fore Triple Pumps, E85,ATI Super Dampner, KW V3 Coilovers, Pfadt front and rear sway bars,Pfadt Trailing arms and toe rods,ZL1 Rear Diff, RPM 6l90e level 10 Tranny, SW Long Tubes no cats,Nick Williams Boosted 102mm TB, Dr Phil Tune,Borla Atak
gm2376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:29 AM   #12
MeanV8

Drives: Chevy Camaro SS, Chevy Corvette,
Quote:
I can speak for myself! I have built a few small block Chevies that were pretty wicked, but since I had a Heart Attack and lost the left side of my heart it makes it next to impossible for me to do my own work anymore.
Does that mean I can no longer be a Car Guy?? I think the reason is not that important. If you are a Car Guy you are a Car Guy! Regardless whether you do your own work or not. Heck I don't even change my oil anymore.

Dan
MeanV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:18 AM   #13
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

Show me on this doll where the internet touched you.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:52 AM   #14
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I've done a lot of my own work on past vehicles. Did the headers on the Camaro. But after awhile, I get tired of busting my knuckles, slicing up my skin, breaking bolts, etc. Plus, I'm getting older and some health issues....now I leave it to the pro's.
Some people just don't want to mess with it....and that's ok by me.
And yes, totally forgot about Raymond's....great place.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headers, indianapolis