Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-27-2015, 08:01 PM   #29
Rakito
Thunderfury

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS M6 1/205
I had my first Camaro 1LS get hit nearly head-on by a Navigator. Fully dented in the door and the front quarter panel. Not totaled and replaced both the panel, the door, and repainted to "blend" it, insurance covered it all.
"Thunderfury"

Old Car:
"Blu Bee"
2011 Camaro LS Imperial Blue
HURST Short-Throw M6
--You will be missed good buddy--
Rakito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:00 PM   #30
Am17

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS, Ashen Grey
Quick question guys. How hard should I be fighting for OEM replacement parts instead of generic? Their insurance is being a PITA and I thin my own (Geico) is going to be more reasonable.
Am17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:17 PM   #31
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky1 View Post
I learned from riding my motorcycle to never ride in someone's blind spot! Sometimes it's not possible in heavy traffic but I try not to do it.
Same! Definitely have to be aware for other people since they don't bother being aware themselves.

Sorry to see that - looks nasty. Ugh. Hopefully repair isn't too bad.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:23 PM   #32
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
if it was me, with my high priced B-I-L attorney = totaled at full value. I wish I had pics of my "totaled" lexus from last year....
DO NOT GET PUSHED AROUND! pm me if you do not get a satisfactory offer, he is in SF...
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:50 PM   #33
Am17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
So what did your insurance say?
They just shot down my OEM request as well. Damn. Estimate came in at $7,500 so nowhere close enough to get it totaled.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:09 PM   #34
CoupeSS

Drives: 2013 Coupe 2SS/RS
Damn! A Focus did that? what did it look like? I am not feeling so good about the integraty of the sheet metal! good luck! I would have been crying if that happened to mine!
CoupeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:26 PM   #35
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am17 View Post
Quick question guys. How hard should I be fighting for OEM replacement parts instead of generic? Their insurance is being a PITA and I thin my own (Geico) is going to be more reasonable.
Get the oem panels...they are produced on the same line with everything else..they are just packed into different baskets for shipping to dealers and autobody shops.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:35 PM   #36
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am17 View Post
absolutely refuse aftermarket parts.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:36 PM   #37
Am17

Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
if it was me, with my high priced B-I-L attorney = totaled at full value. I wish I had pics of my "totaled" lexus from last year....
DO NOT GET PUSHED AROUND! pm me if you do not get a satisfactory offer, he is in SF...
I wonder what the cost of the attorney would be and whether it would worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakito View Post
I had my first Camaro 1LS get hit nearly head-on by a Navigator. Fully dented in the door and the front quarter panel. Not totaled and replaced both the panel, the door, and repainted to "blend" it, insurance covered it all.
Do you happen to know if you were able to convince the shop/appraiser to use oem parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeSS View Post
Damn! A Focus did that? what did it look like? I am not feeling so good about the integraty of the sheet metal! good luck! I would have been crying if that happened to mine!
The Focus suffered pretty minor damage he'll need a new bumper and hood mask, but that's about it.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:38 PM   #38
Am17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
absolutely refuse aftermarket parts.
Apologies for being so persistent in my asking questions, but how easy is it to argue my case? Only other accident I've been in has been relatively minor in comparison. I don't want to risk a poor quality job being done considering the overall extant of the damage.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:38 PM   #39
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
damn that sucks, get your car fixed soon!
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:38 PM   #40
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
1. Don't hold your breath for a diminished value claim. You'll spend more than you'll ever get pursuing it.

2. If you don't like how his insurance is handling it, make a claim with yours. Your insurance will then go after his to reclaim what they paid out.
sene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:04 AM   #41
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
iv never had a problem with getting oem parts. I always said on the 1st call that i will only accept oem parts as aftermarket are junk and will have to be fixed again. Iv only hit 4 deer and one cracked windshield. so it was with my insurance companies. Call the collision shop of your choice and tell them they have to use oem parts. Im not sure if they even make china junk for the parts you need replaced. OEM might be the only available. Id take it to a GM dealer. Id think they would use oem parts. You CAN take it to any shop you want.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:26 AM   #42
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Quote:
I wonder what the cost of the attorney would be and whether it would worth it?
Well I was rear ended in my gs400, his insurance came up with 3700.00, mine came up with 4100.00 the lawyer B-I-L jumps in, I get full total and a year newer car and 15K for possible future injuries(or whatever the lawyer speak term is).....you tell me, would that have been worth 25%??? you better believe it.............................................
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote