Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-18-2015, 06:55 PM   #29
ZO6 Bryan

Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
A lot of ZL1 owners have their ECM replaced that were STOCK ZL1's ... do a search..

Mines highly modified, and just happened to have found a great dealer who fix the problems under warranty both times...

My point is they say the ECM was FRIED or BAD , but gave no root cause to why ...

And prior to getting the ZL1 to the dealer both times, the ZL1 would start with hesitation (like starter going out is best way i can explain it)

It's my 02 cents, something else is going on , but cheap fix is just to say the ECM is bad, as a band aid as it does fix the problem (temporarily).

Between my 1st ECM failure and 2nd one with 14 months, only 900 miles was put on the ZL1....
Did a search already. The few failures I found were all modified or tuned cars.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:34 PM   #30
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6 Bryan View Post
Did a search already. The few failures I found were all modified or tuned cars.
Argue all you want... their are fair amount of stock ZL1's with ECM failures!
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:44 AM   #31
KyleT

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1304
Well no computer problems so far. I never did get the codes. But now I'm getting a catalyst efficiency code coming up on my buddies hand help computer when I plug it in. It does clear but then comes back again in time. Any idea why this would happen? Is it possible I would need a tune now for that to clear up for good?
KyleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 05:35 AM   #32
winterboy8

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Blue Velvet Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleT View Post
Well no computer problems so far. I never did get the codes. But now I'm getting a catalyst efficiency code coming up on my buddies hand help computer when I plug it in. It does clear but then comes back again in time. Any idea why this would happen? Is it possible I would need a tune now for that to clear up for good?
I'm not a tuner, but prior to having my headers installed I spoke to a few tuners and they all told me the rear O2 sensors (FYI, there are 2 sensors per side for a total of 4) would have to be turned off or you will get a code. I'm sure someone on the forum knows what that code is, but I'm guessing what you're getting is from that.