Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Old 01-26-2010, 02:07 PM   #71
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
Denver is not west its EAST lol.
If you look at the western half of the US, Denver is almost perfectly centered.
Denver has Bandimere Raceway, where the Mile-Hi Nationals are held every year. There is also High Plains Raceways, a brand new road course. Denver also has alot to do and some great curvy mountain highways, to do some cruises on. There is also alot of hotels and motels to handle the amount of members attending. Denver has aprox 350 days of sunshine a year, so there is little chance of a rainout.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:11 PM   #72
Bbrock25

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcwby View Post
Denver has Bandimere Raceway, where the Mile-Hi Nationals are held every year. There is also High Plains Raceways, a brand new road course. Denver
also has alot to do and some great curvy mountain highways, to do some cruises on. There is also alot of hotels and motels to handle the amount of members attending. Denver has aprox 350 days of sunshine a year, so there is little chance of a rainout.
Damn son, you know your locations lol.
Bbrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:12 PM   #73
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Denver has Bandimere Raceway, where the Mile-Hi Nationals are held every year. There is also High Plains Raceways, a brand new road course. Denver
also has alot to do and some great curvy mountain highways, to do some cruises on. There is also alot of hotels and motels to handle the amount of members attending. Denver has aprox 350 days of sunshine a year, so there is little chance of a rainout.
& whats wrong with seattle? They do the Northwest NHRA Nationals here, we dont just have one track thats local we have at least 5 between washington, Canada & northern oregon.

we are also just a couple hours drive from both the beaches & the mountians, including St helens & the rain forests.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:13 PM   #74
mtcwby

Quote:
NO we are talking reno in August. I think Vegas in Nov is not a good idea because of the fact of sema, to many people would want to go to sema & they cant. I think they may also have the track closed in vegas during sema because they are testing products out for the sema guys.
During SEMA, they are doing the Las Vegas Nationals and the next week they have the Sportsman racing. So getting the Drag Strip reserved will be impossible.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:15 PM   #75
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
During SEMA, they are doing the Las Vegas Nationals and the next week they have the Sportsman racing. So getting the Drag Strip reserved will be impossible.
I think that was my point????

Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:21 PM   #76
mtcwby

Quote:
& whats wrong with seattle? They do the Northwest NHRA Nationals here, we dont just have one track thats local we have at least 5 between washington, Canada & northern oregon.

we are also just a couple hours drive from both the beaches & the mountians, including St helens & the rain forests.
Seattle is good, but there's a very good chance of getting rained out. Also, it is in the far NW corner of the western half of the US. So for most people, it is too far to drive. Take TX for example, it is a 2200 mile drive from DFW to Seattle, nearly 3 days drive. Texas has close to the most 5th gen camaros sold. You need to have a more centralized location, to be fair. Isn't that what people are complaining about with the Georgia event, now you are wanting to do the same thing to the people by having it in Seattle.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:49 PM   #77
mtcwby

Old 01-29-2010, 09:52 PM   #78
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Seattle is good, but there's a very good chance of getting rained out. Also, it is in the far NW corner of the western half of the US. So for most people, it is too far to drive. Take TX for example, it is a 2200 mile drive from DFW to Seattle, nearly 3 days drive. Texas has close to the most 5th gen camaros sold. You need to have a more centralized location, to be fair. Isn't that what people are complaining about with the Georgia event, now you are wanting to do the same thing to the people by having it in Seattle.
its very rare for us to get rain after July 5th, Yes it happens but it rarely happens.

we also see temps around 100 during the summer time.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:46 PM   #79
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Drives: 2SS/RS SW with Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to SSGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SSGirl Send a message via Skype™ to SSGirl
I vote Vegas in November. It is just about perfect here!
SSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:26 PM   #80
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:

Sorry to say this, but is it no different then having it in Georgia. That's the south east corner of the US. I wanted to go so bad that I am flying from Vancouver BC Canada to Orlando to attend. Hoping Avis will have a rental Camaro SS that is reserved for me. For anybody who does not know where Vancouver BC is it's about 120 miles north of Seattle. There was no way for me to drive my Maro there.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:33 PM   #81
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
Sorry to say this, but is it no different then having it in Georgia. That's the south east corner of the US. I wanted to go so bad that I am flying from Vancouver BC Canada to Orlando to attend. Hoping Avis will have a rental Camaro SS that is reserved for me. For anybody who does not know where Vancouver BC is it's about 120 miles north of Seattle. There was no way for me to drive my Maro there.
Just tell them to watch the Olympics and they will get the idea... I hope...
Old 02-06-2010, 10:28 PM   #82
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMchin View Post
Just tell them to watch the Olympics and they will get the idea... I hope...
Thanks for the support Buddy! I am thinking that unless somebody comes from Alaska I would most likeley be the farest distance travled to attend the Camaro Fest. Too bad my Maro won't fit in my carry on. I am a PNWCC member now see you in Seattle this July with "Pumpkin"
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:40 PM   #83
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
Thanks for the support Buddy! I am thinking that unless somebody comes from Alaska I would most likeley be the farest distance travled to attend the Camaro Fest. Too bad my Maro won't fit in my carry on. I am a PNWCC member now see you in Seattle this July with "Pumpkin"

Hope to see ya there. Still trying to get the time off.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #84
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
I have seen all these points (arguments) made time and time again for decades....

In the 70's and 80's we had the same issues in the Corvette Clubs.

In 1996 I attended the 25th Anniversary POCI ( Pontiac Oakland Club) in Denver. Same thing again. ( and if you run there you better tune for rare air.) Got to meet Smokey Yunick.

Gone thru this also in my career for annual conventions. After 30 years we finally went East... West... then Central and start over again at East. This allows people to plan vacation time to attend , budget in advance.

Atlanta is a city I have spent more time than any USA location. Georgia was never even a possibilty for me.

I agree with Junkie.......let them get this Fest over and then decide what to do for 2011. GM can bring the new Vert to the next one, wherever that is. What they learn at this one will make the next better.

Can it be tied to PIR.?

Please remember that CAMARO means friend.