Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #1
Rocketright

Drives: 2006 Acura RSX - S
Hello First Post, looking at getting one next year

Hi Everyone.

I am only a teenager and have been talking to my parents about getting a Camaro. I am looking at putting about 5k down on it, and of course I'm going to be getting the LS 2010.

I just have some questions, sorry if I sound really stupid or have stupid questions because I don't know very much about cars.

So, why is this car so cheap? Is it just so they get back into it, the one reason I chose this car is because I always loved their first generation looks, and I have to admit with Megan Fox in transformers... Oh I mean the car in transformers looked amazing.

So this got me looking at it, just over 300HP, and of course it's the bair minumum, but it's still looks awesome.

Anyways, if you guys want to give me some idea's, or let me know what you think about mine that would be great.

-I'm probably going with an Automatic with the Pedal Shifters on the stearing wheel. I know it is more expensive, I DO know how to drive a Standard but I would rather be able to give her without using the clutch and all. Do they Pedal Shifters work good?
-I'm getting a block heater, living in Canada so we get -25 degree celsius winters here.
-Also I was wondering, does it drive smooth? Like when you get in do you enjoy it, meaning is it comfortable?

I'm really excited about getting this car, everything I've read looks awesome so far. There is one more thing I wanted to ask, if I remember I'll edit this post.

Thanks everyone, sorry for the long post.

Carter

EDIT - Like most teenagers, I was looking at getting an after market exhaust. Just to make it sound a bit more powerful, how much am I looking at for this? Just approximately.
Rocketright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #2
Rocketright

Any Thoughts? /Tips?
Old 12-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #3
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
All I can say is your going to love this car. The car is very comfortable. It is everything and more.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
JaxJags

Drives: 1994 Camaro Z28
You don't need an aftermarket exhaust. The product + installation would be pretty pricey, plus 300+ horsepower is fine for a teenager. Wait a couple years until you start modding.

Congrats on the choice! Hope you get one.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
Rocketright

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJags View Post
You don't need an aftermarket exhaust. The product + installation would be pretty pricey, plus 300+ horsepower is fine for a teenager. Wait a couple years until you start modding.

Congrats on the choice! Hope you get one.

Yea I definetely am not worried about any more HP, I was thinking I was getting my moms car which is like 140 haha.
Does it have a decent exhaust? Like can you hear it if you give er?

And thanks guys, lol I live in a town with about 10k people, and I think I'll have the nicest car at the school
Old 12-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #6
JaxJags

Drives: 1994 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketright View Post
Yea I definetely am not worried about any more HP, I was thinking I was getting my moms car which is like 140 haha.
Does it have a decent exhaust? Like can you hear it if you give er?

And thanks guys, lol I live in a town with about 10k people, and I think I'll have the nicest car at the school
I don't personally have one, but from what I have heard, it sounds good. There are sound clips here and on other sites if you want to listen to stock and/or aftermarket exhausts.

You will definitely have the nicest car in school.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #7
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Ride: Outstanding. I test drove the Camaro and Genesis Coupe back to back, and Camaro bested the competition.

Exhaust: The exhaust is incredible to listen to in my opinion. Nice and solid when standing next to the car and deep when you are sitting inside.

Performance: This car is ready to bust out on the road. I tested the Automatic 6. The Taptronic tranny is the closest to the BMW SMG I have ever experienced. The tranny is very responsive each time you shift using the steering mounted "taps". The car also hates being in first I love that. The engine is extremely responsive at a twitch of the gas pedal.

Overal: As a teen you can't go wrong with the LS. Get the base package and start adding stuff to it as the years go bye. The car will last you forever as long as you take care of it.

Good Luck!

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:03 PM   #8
jimmie.briseno

Drives: camaro
welcome and good luck
jimmie.briseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:07 PM   #9
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
welcome to the site!

i think you're making a smart choice with the LS Auto
LS will save you money, and nothing wrong with driving an auto.

good luck, and drive safe!
Old 12-10-2009, 11:14 PM   #10
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Welcome to the site . I honestly don't know that much about the exhaust on the V6 but I can tell you that when I rented a 1LT I put 700 miles on it within 24 hrs without any seat discomfort.
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:32 AM   #11
MI2010Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketright View Post
Hi Everyone.

I am only a teenager and have been talking to my parents about getting a Camaro...
Seems like 40 years ago I was saying the same thing! Actually it was 42 years ago when I was a teenager trying to convince my parents on the merits of a Mustang and how it would be the perfect go-to-college car. I won that debate then and now I relive those feelings every day I drive my 1SS Camaro. All I can say is enjoy the moment now as you plan for your purchase of this awesome car!
#143575 Delivered 9/14/09
MI2010Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:02 AM   #12
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
I've had my 2LT/RS since June... and I'm coming up on 13,000 miles! I love this car!

The automatic tranny is outstanding in this car, especially "Sport" mode! I never really used the paddle shifter (buttons on the steering wheel). I just put the car in Sport mode and let her rip! Not sure if you are familiar with 3 modes the automatic has:

D - Normal Drive mode
M - Manual - This lets you use the paddle shifters on the steering wheel
M - Sport mode - This when you put the car in Manual mode but DON'T use the paddle shifters. The dash will actually display S for sport. Once you hit the shift button the S switches to M1, M2, ... In S -Sport mode the tranny will shift automatically but the shift are much more performance oriented... meaning it will not upshift so early and downshifts much easier... Sport Mode is fantastic!!

As for exhaust... hmmmm... i changed mine pretty much right away... way to tame for my tastes... LOL!

Here's a good spot to start:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33104
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote