Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 06-06-2018, 06:18 PM   #1
YaBish

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS on Skates
Changing Automatic Shifter Assembly

So, I was installing a leather shift knob on my 14 2LS. I broke the piece that unlocks the shifter. I have to replace the entire shifter assembly. Is this something I can do on my own or does it require a lift and a bunch of tools? Does anybody have a step by step. I can remove everything down to the shifter plate, but after that, I'm clueless. My apologies if this has already been detailed. I've been searching for it but wasn't able to locate a how-to. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
YaBish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:45 AM   #2
YaBish

Any help anybody?
Old 06-07-2018, 06:00 PM   #3
Tech@B&MRacing

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBish View Post
So, I was installing a leather shift knob on my 14 2LS. I broke the piece that unlocks the shifter. I have to replace the entire shifter assembly. Is this something I can do on my own or does it require a lift and a bunch of tools? Does anybody have a step by step. I can remove everything down to the shifter plate, but after that, I'm clueless. My apologies if this has already been detailed. I've been searching for it but wasn't able to locate a how-to. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Quote:
Any help anybody?
Your best bet would be to check out what YouTube has to offer. I was able to find some removal/installation videos with a quick search.

- Jason @ B&M Racing
Tech@B&MRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:30 PM   #4
YaBish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech@B&MRacing View Post
Your best bet would be to check out what YouTube has to offer. I was able to find some removal/installation videos with a quick search.

- Jason @ B&M Racing
Yeah, I thought of that. They have videos of shifters being put in but I couldnt find any of the full shifter assembly being changed. If you found one on there, could you share it?
Old 06-08-2018, 10:09 AM   #5
Tech@HurstPerformance

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Yeah, I thought of that. They have videos of shifters being put in but I couldnt find any of the full shifter assembly being changed. If you found one on there, could you share it?
Try giving this a shot...I ran into this yesterday for a client with a similar vehicle and found that the Hurst Billet/Plus Shifter part# 3916030 is the same shifter for the V6 & V8 with the only difference being the gear pattern on the shift knob. I have included a link below to the installation instructions for the Hurst shifter. I hope that this helps you out! Good luck.

- Jason @ Hurst
Tech@HurstPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6l50, assembly, shifter