Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Should the police have a Camaro
No 48 33.80%
Yes 97 68.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2008, 07:59 PM   #29
85IROC

Drives: 85iroc 89rs 97rs
thats the only way they will be able to catch us. is for them to have a camaro
85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:01 PM   #30
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanewittman View Post
Dude, have you had issues with law enforcement??? I don't personally know about New Jersey, but in almost every other location I have worked in, a high school dropout wouldn't qualify. A lot of departments require college educations. Most cities have oversight boards that watch out for corruption and injust police practices. Finally, the ticket system may be a little biased towards rewarding the city/police dept for issuing tickets, as they get some of the revenue from those tickets. However, they are not going to be able to cite someone if they are LAW ABIDING.

Now, back to the thread at hand. Cars like Camaros, Mustangs, Chargers, etc are a great incentive for police departments. Those cars help recruit and retain great officers. Cars like a Camaro do not cost police departments much more than the standard Crown Vic, so why not have a few in the motor pool? They are also a great attention getter. People such as those in these forum would appreciate seeing one of these great cars in person, (hopefully not behind you with the lights on...)!

Sorry to be long winded... this is something that gets under my skin when people do not respect law enforcement for the great work they do. If their respective cities, states, etc want to put a Camaro into the work force, I say go for it.
i've got family in the police i know the scum that some of them can be...obviously its not the majority of them...but the situation that is created allows for corruption....do you know how many people lie on police reports and take things personally when they shouldn't....

let me tell you a story about one guy who was always a good cop...a good friend of his was a judge who was being sued by some indian guy...hadn't been in this country too long but was a good citizen....when this cop who always did his job well and was honorable found out about his friend being sued....he basically informed all the officers that if he ever was stopped to contact him....that poor guy apparantly didn't stop completely at a stop light...the "good" officer came with his friend put him in the sqaud car and took him near a bridge....and held him by the freaking ankles until he stated he would drop the lawsuit...obviously the man didn't and tried to press charges on the officers....when he went into court another judge stated "these are the most decorated officers in jersey you expect me to believe your story"....bravo justice system....bravo i heard that indian guy went back to india and got the hell out of jersey...don't blame him...this is soprano territory and a horrible heavily taxed blue state

nonsense on the law abiding part...i was going to the mall with a friend and i pointed at a stuffed animal in the back of a car at a parking lot...ask my why an officer stops us searches me and ends up putting my friend in the back of the cruiser because he thought we were going to steal the car....

a lot of these guys have no respect and are simply bullies....and yes taking away the money incentive would go a long way in stopping petty checkpoints and harrasing many people who don't do anything dangerous or illegal...

parking violation can stay as cash penalties...but moving violations would be better served as a point system that will raise your insurance rates and eventually have your liscence revoked...cut entitlement programs and other wasteful government spending programs and they can live without these unnecessary citations...

trust me i used to be a naive guy myself that always took the side of the cops and believed that as long as you don't do anything illegal and are law abiding you will be fine...believe me you don't know the type of crap i've seen and experienced...yes i've had an officer lie on his report and he stated i threatened to kill him and that i resisted arrest...complete and utter lies...all because I told him that he should have been giving directions at the construction site as the signs weren't clear...in cuffs he slapped me and ripped my shirt open..and this happened at 10am doing my job...i don't drink...don't do drugs and always set a standard of virtue for myself.i am naive no more ...anything run by the government is run like crap...and thats a fact
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:09 PM   #31
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
nonsense on the law abiding part...i was going to the mall with a friend and i pointed at a stuffed animal in the back of a car at a parking lot...ask my why an officer stops us searches me and ends up putting my friend in the back of the cruiser because he thought we were going to steal the car....
I wish there was a cop around when my Trans Am was broken into and stolen.

...second to none
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:13 PM   #32
chevydude26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
I wish there was a cop around when my Trans Am was broken into and stolen.
thats horrible what year was the trans am?

i hope insurance took care of you
Old 07-29-2008, 08:15 PM   #33
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Quote:
thats horrible what year was the trans am?

i hope insurance took care of you
black 1985

...second to none
Old 07-29-2008, 08:22 PM   #34
chevydude26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
black 1985
damn they took your kitt...not cool

did they ever get your car back?

and i don't want everybody thinking that i'm some cop hater i'm well aware that there are way more outstanding cops than bad ones...but its the nature of such a position in which you have legal authority to basically kill somebody with no repercussion ....some people will take advantage of that power
Old 07-29-2008, 08:29 PM   #35
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Quote:
damn they took your kitt...not cool

did they ever get your car back?
yeah, after they twisted the frame, cracked the windshield, bent wheel... it was one sad sight.

Bra bad

...second to none
Old 07-29-2008, 08:31 PM   #36
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
I voted yes only because I am a police officer and as of right now I drive a R/T Charger for my patrol car. I am hoping that our department approves it so I can use it.
Attached Images

DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:40 PM   #37
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
I said yes. Like Tag said, they cost about the same. Why not get a better resource for an officer/trooper for the same amount?
Old 07-29-2008, 08:45 PM   #38
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Quote:
a lot of police members are corrupt members of society who don't have anybody to watch over them because of a complete lack of balance of power...

they are inept high school dropouts and the standards are so low its sad...

don't give them camaros

the way the ticket system is setup it is used as a cashcow for the liberal government and as a tax and for police to harass law abiding citizens for citations and they treat everybody as if they are a criminal...

a point system instead of cash penalties will take out the incentive for the state to constantly harass over small things which aren't criminal and ensure that the police are doing their job of protecting and serving law abiding citizens
I am really sorry that you feel that way. Are you talking in general or targeting a police department personally. I am a police officer here in Hawaii and I only ticket people that break the law. I don't ticket anyone if they obey the law. To me that IS doing our job by protecting and serving those that could get hurt by those that break the law. I can speak for myself and even most of the officers in our department that we don't go around harassing people. Harassment itself is breaking the law.

BTW, I am glad that I graduated from high school but sad that I dropped out of college after three years. At least I got my associates in criminal justice.

Take care,

Dan
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:33 PM   #39
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
How many of you guys have a town nearby with a highway department that picks a nifty spot on a 55 or 60MPH highway, like that the base of a steep hill out in the middle of nowhere and erect 40-45MPH signs for a 1/2 mile stretch near a convenient place for police to park their cruisers so they can catch all the criminals who are not reacting to the signs before the radar beam hits them?

By the way, do we have any lawyers out there who can explain to my how come when you get a speeding ticket that the very basis of our legal system is thrown out? You're GUILTY unbless you can prove your innocence and you CANNOT get a trial by a jury of your peers. Tell me the system isn't rigged. I dare you!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:35 PM   #40
AnEvilPenguin

Drives: 05 Impala SS 86 Trans Am
Camaro Scotty already said that there will be a police 5th gen camaro. i don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing....
AnEvilPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #41
chevydude26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSS24 View Post
I am really sorry that you feel that way. Are you talking in general or targeting a police department personally. I am a police officer here in Hawaii and I only ticket people that break the law. I don't ticket anyone if they obey the law. To me that IS doing our job by protecting and serving those that could get hurt by those that break the law. I can speak for myself and even most of the officers in our department that we don't go around harassing people. Harassment itself is breaking the law.

BTW, I am glad that I graduated from high school but sad that I dropped out of college after three years. At least I got my associates in criminal justice.

Take care,

Dan
the majority of those who wear the uniform are a class act...and i'm sure hawaii is a fantastic nice place to live ...but here in corrupt mob infested,drug trafficking, heavy tax state of nj...its a far different experience...perhaps many officers become desensitized to what they see on a daily basis and assume everybody is on drugs or a criminal but what i experienced was not pleasant and surely wasn't up to the standard of the boys in blue and an insult to every outstanding officer in the country ...thank you for doing your job efficiently and being a class act...

and yes captain awesome...the system is set up to bring in as much revenue as possible...as soon as you get a ticket you get all sorts of advertisements from lawyers many of whom are friends with the judges and proscecutors...and then the insurance companies are in on it as well...just a big nanny state and way to suck more cash from the citizens...there are plenty of horrible speed traps out there
Old 07-29-2008, 11:39 PM   #42
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_saint View Post
most likely it will be highway patrol officers that will get a camaro; the camaro is not really practical for your neighborhood cop on patrol..
in mesquite texas they used to have a fourth gen or two ,havent seen them in a bit though
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote