Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Wink emblempros<-"added" Your Opinion please?!

I would like everyone's honest opinion Please.

In the first picture we have a from factory, GM, Camaro SS emblem S that comes on our cars(titled "Chevrolet S"). I have singled out just one S for clarification, sorry for the dirt.

The second S is from an aftermarket company(titled "aftermarket S")

The question: Simply, are they the same? If I may guide you to certain aspects that I believe to be "wrong" with the aftermarket one...Look closely at the horizontal lines in red of both. Are they all the same height? Which ones are wider or narrower?

Disclaimer: The results of this are just for my personal satisfaction and will not be used against anyone or anything!!

Thank You!

P.S. I will post my opinions later on.
Attached Images

Last edited by OmniCamaro; 08-18-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: edited Title only, mod moved to vendor feedback
Old 08-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP

But I see the obvious differences you see, which could also be an optical illusion from the raised edge of the factory emblem.

Did I win?
Old 08-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #3
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
Ok, let's have this discussion.

We are Brand X or S or whatever. This guy bought these one year ago and because someone or more than one person thought these were 5's he is throwing a fit.

Emailed me this morning and lastnight threatening to go on Camaro5 if I did not change my design: I may post his email to prove it.
Making threats and attempting to hurt someones business is where I draw the line. I am very busy here. Since I did not respond the way he had hoped: Here he is making good on his threat.

So here are some pictures of the exact same "S" its the same one we always use. Just different sizes to fit the application.

The Dreaded 55 / R5 bowtie.

The L5 grill emblem we make

Did not want to forget the 255/ R5

The 55 fender emblem

The 1LT/ R5 bowtie

2LT/R5 black etching

And last but not least the 255 trunk emblem

SO, OK. All joking aside for a moment, here is a simple line drawing of an actual "5"

So judge it for yourself. If you need more pictures, I have a ton of them.

Roger

Last edited by dragonZ28; 08-18-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
Xedes

Drives: 2011 Black RS/SS
OP you are splitting hairs. It looks like the oem "S" or at least close enough.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:50 AM   #5
8AD•SS

Drives: 45th anniversary SS Vert
Looks fine to me, looks aftermarket but you know...it is. If you dig factory emblems luckily the car comes with them, if you want custom/aftermarket I think these look pretty good. My .02 cents.
CRT ZL1 #271 Ordered 5/22, delivered 7/27 (R XIII)
R XIII's Build:http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post5427709
Old 08-18-2012, 04:48 AM   #6
STuRTzz

Drives: '12 Summit White 2ls W/Black Stripe
If you waited a year, that is your fault. If you are complaining saying that the S looks like 5, then sue GM and tell us how that works out lol. Really you are threatening them? Act mature.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

If this is "threatening" then I don't know what nice is!!! In our conversations I was only trying to provide customer feedback so they might be able to fix or edit their design because it is not correct. The emblems aren't right...period, but guaranteed I won't buy from them again, especially now.

These are totally unedited, except for the pictures that didn't make it it seems.

Original e-mail from me:

"Roger, I first want to say that I have ordered a few emblems and they all look great, no issues with quality! I do have to provide some input, if you will, on the "2SS" badges I purchased and put on my car. Since putting them on my car every person that has commented on them(because they look great!) has asked me what "255" is. Now after several of these comments it started to bug me so I looked at the emblems a little closer to try and figure out why they were saying that. I do in fact believe the emblems are a bit "off"(for lack of a better term). Comparing yours to the original SS that comes on the car it seems your "S" is not even on top and bottom of the curl(hope you understand this). To me they do look more like "5's" because of this. Specifically the lower gap in the "S" looks a bit wider than the top gap which is what makes it look like a "5". I began looking for replacement pieces to put there and have settled on the V-Flag from a 1967 Camaro, which I think will look great(already purchased from someone else, mostly due to my light wallet). I have no doubt in your products quality and in no way want anything from you!! I just want you to be aware so you can handle it how you want to. My suggestion would be to somehow equal out those upper and lower gaps in the S's. I was initially going to post in the Camaro5 forums but that didn't seem right, but then again I think it's good for people to know my story if they're thinking of buying those emblems, if they will stay the same.

I appreciate your time and hope this helps!"

Then, my reply to his reply! Again, no threats! He obviously believes or is trying to sell the emblems are correct and anyone can plainly see they are not. The pictures can't be copied and pasted from an e-mail I guess.

My Reply to his reply
Not trying to argue BUT, notice on the picture I am sending, the bottom portion of the S is bigger than the top 2, the top one slightly bigger than the middle, and the middle one slightly smaller than the other 2. On the stock S all the horizontals are almost the exact same size with the middle possibly a touch, and I mean a touch, bigger. IMO the 2SS emblem is off, by quite a bit looking at it again. Maybe it's the silver surround on it but even on the far right S the bottom is wider(top to bottom). I don't have a way to measure the 2SS one, compared to stock, but I really believe it is off quite a bit. Not sure who approved it or why but it's not the same as stock, no way.

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Roger Neace <sales@emblempros.com> wrote:

His Reply
Allen,

The bottom space is indeed larger on the factory piece. As you can see in this image of the factory logo.
In fact ours is a little more evenly spaced than the factory ones are. when GM approved an emblem they approve it for being correct. If it is not correct they will not approve it.
I have been able to tweak them some since you bought yours a year ago, but the one you have is correct.

Anyone that knows these cars knows what it the logo is. The GM fonts are weird sometimes. Here is a only one example: I can give you others if you wish.

This is the "Official" LSA engine logo. I have to make them this way.
The "S" is a backwards "Z". To me it does not look right, but I did not design it.
And I am sure that these car owners get asked why is that a backwards "Z" a lot.
Looks nothing like an "S".

Last edited by OmniCamaro; 08-20-2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Tried cleaning it up(bolding, italics, etc.)
Old 08-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #8
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Cool

After the e-mails I wanted to post the pictures here to get opinions and maybe at some point let other potential customers know the emblems are "off"! I believe the emblem is wrong, and still do, and wanted others' opinions to verify what I see. That's all! Apparently they took it personal, which is BAD business IMO! I'm the one with money I'll never get back sitting on a shelf all wrong and pretty.......
Old 08-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #9
jerry benavides

Drives: Camaro Rs
dude chill.. emblem pros are a respectable company.. ive never heard anything bad about them till now and its because the corners on "SS" are a little squared? i personally like the squared letters better.. they go with the camaro fender emblems.. i still dont understand why you waited a year?
Old 08-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #10
dragonZ28

5eriou5ly, guy5. Thi5 i5 5illy. Thank5 for the 5upport.

Last edited by dragonZ28; 08-18-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #11
Colt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS Victory Red
I recently recieved my new RS emblems from them and all I've gotten are compliments, it looks just like the factory S to me.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #12
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

I was just wanting opinions and to see if I was the only one who saw it.

I appreciate EVERYONE's opinion!

Apparently I have higher standards than most and that's ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #13
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonZ28 View Post
5eriou5ly, guy5. Thi5 i5 5illy. Thank5 for the 5upport.
You were caught in a blatant lie. I'd call it silly to if I were you. Just sayin'.

Not once did I bad mouth you or your company yet you did it to me, a paying customer! Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #14
dragonZ28

1) No one lied about anything. These are GM approved for being right.

2) No one bad mouthed you. No one even knows your name, but me.
Nothing was ever said about you personlly at all.

3) Here is your threat, that you deny saying. It is straight from your email.
"I was initially going to post in the Camaro5 forums but that didn't seem right, but then again I think it's good for people to know my story if they're thinking of buying those emblems, if they will stay the same.

So. if I do not change the design, you will just do what you threatened to do. Which you did. So your are correct it is no longer a threat, it has been done. Do I need to notify the moderators? Now I think I will anyway.

And frankly I do not need customers who under the disguise of being "friendly" threaten me to change an already GM approved part. It's not going to happen.

Thanks, Roger

Closed Thread