Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #51339
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
Nahhh, I disagree. Best Buy, Game Stop, Amazon - these guys kill themselves trying to undercut each other every time a GAME comes out, let alone a console.

Either way, I'm planning on getting it. Anything extra would just be a little more fun
I always thought when a new console comes out, they like to charge you for everything, even a second controller. lol
Old 05-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #51340
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
I like what I've seen so far. I'm really looking forward to E3! I know it's kind of unlikely, but FINGERS CROSSED FOR HALO 5!

I will most likely preorder the system as soon as possible. The next question is WHERE I should preorder it and what kind of freebies I'll get
They could do a teaser trailer of Halo 5. I'd expect to see more of Forza 5 at E3 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
and I think it will be really hard to get any kind of freebies if you plan on preordering. lol maybe after 6months to a year.
Quote:
Nahhh, I disagree. Best Buy, Game Stop, Amazon - these guys kill themselves trying to undercut each other every time a GAME comes out, let alone a console.

Either way, I'm planning on getting it. Anything extra would just be a little more fun
Yeah I'm sure they'll have some sort of package deal with each retailer.

Either way I'm probably going to wait a couple months after release to buy so hopefully there will be something. With that said, if Forza 5 is only on Xbox One it's going to be really difficult not to buy at launch.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #51341
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
AAAHHH! I know! Exciting!

I am hesitant to buy an Infinity Ward Call of Duty game, but some of the stuff from the Ghosts trailer looked pretty cool. I might check it out.

Fingers crossed for Halo and maybe some kind of Star Wars game. Battlefront 3 maybe? A guy can dream...

Bioshock Infinity and Borderlands 2 came out fairly recently, so I don't think we'll see any new titles from those franchises for a while. Arkham Origins might be cool, but that's the same engine and everything from the previous gen.

Really I just want something to blow my mind and make full use of the current gen technology at E3.
yeah, e3 will be great!

that quantum break game looks interesting. like a movie that you get to play. lol
Old 05-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #51342
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
AAAHHH! I know! Exciting!

I am hesitant to buy an Infinity Ward Call of Duty game, but some of the stuff from the Ghosts trailer looked pretty cool. I might check it out.

Fingers crossed for Halo and maybe some kind of Star Wars game. Battlefront 3 maybe? A guy can dream...

Bioshock Infinity and Borderlands 2 came out fairly recently, so I don't think we'll see any new titles from those franchises for a while. Arkham Origins might be cool, but that's the same engine and everything from the previous gen.

Really I just want something to blow my mind and make full use of the current gen technology at E3.
Eh Call of Duty in general is going to be full of BS, it doesn't matter which developer makes the game. Ghosts does look good though. I just realized I still haven't even gotten Black Ops 2 but I'm playing the hell out of Halo 4 right now.

From what they showed the other day I'm looking forward to Forza 5 and COD Ghosts.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #51343
PoorMansCamaro

I guess these are the confirmed games so far...

http://www.oxm.co.uk/51167/features/...-in-one-place/

Exclusive

1. Forza Motorsport 5
2. Quantum Break
3. Halo 5
4. Ryse

Multiplatform
1. Human Element
2. Rainbow 6: Patriots
3. Watch Dogs
4. Star Wars 1313 (update: project on hold)
5. Destiny
6. Beyond Good & Evil 2
7. Dragon Age 3: Inquisition
8. Cyberpunk 2077
9. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
10. Whore of the Orient - (rumour - on hold)
11. Thief
12. Battlefield 4
13. Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
14. Pro Evolution Soccer 2014
15. Sniper Elite 3
16. Lords of the Fallen
17. Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes
18. Call of Duty: Ghosts
19. Wolfenstein: The New Order
20. FIFA 14
21. Dying Light
Old 05-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #51344
FenwickHockey65

I guess I'm wondering how much more they're going to do for 360s? Microsoft said there would still be game development and support on it in the future.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #51345
PoorMansCamaro

something else on my mind. people are saying the playstation and xbox will be competing for price point. Is it far fetched, that xbox will charge up to 700-800 for their system? since it's "all your entertainment in one"? whereas the PS4 is just gaming?
Old 05-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #51346
FenwickHockey65

They'll price themselves out of the market if they do that. Remember a big part of the gaming market is children and preteens begging their parents to spend a few hundred dollars on a virtual babysitter.

Older teenagers and adults might be able to swing over $500 but a lot of people under the age of 14 or 15 are going to be SOL.

Wait. That could be a good thing, particularly for Call of Duty multiplayer.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #51347
SinisterEcho

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6/LS3
Not really a fan of the direction that Microsoft is taking from what i have seen. I dont have internet at home and do not want a system that makes me connect it every 24 hours....
Old 05-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #51348
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterEcho View Post
Not really a fan of the direction that Microsoft is taking from what i have seen. I dont have internet at home and do not want a system that makes me connect it every 24 hours....
get with the times! get internet, cancel cable! if you have cable. lol
Old 05-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #51349
SinisterEcho

Quote:
get with the times! get internet, cancel cable! if you have cable. lol
I dont have anything (Cable, internet, etc) and its a waste of money when i never use it...

I also dont like how it has kinect.... unless they make something awesome for it.... which from what ive seen from it is not going to happen anytime soon....
Old 05-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #51350
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
I dont have anything (Cable, internet, etc) and its a waste of money when i never use it...

I also dont like how it has kinect.... unless they make something awesome for it.... which from what ive seen from it is not going to happen anytime soon....
thought you liked playing video games, and most people like COD and halo, etc. figured you would at least be online to play multiplayer. lol

what do you mean, make something awesome for Kinect?
Old 05-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #51351
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Eh Call of Duty in general is going to be full of BS, it doesn't matter which developer makes the game. Ghosts does look good though. I just realized I still haven't even gotten Black Ops 2 but I'm playing the hell out of Halo 4 right now.

From what they showed the other day I'm looking forward to Forza 5 and COD Ghosts.
I prefer the Treyarch COD games. Better campaign stories, better achievement system for multi, and you can run and dive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I guess I'm wondering how much more they're going to do for 360s? Microsoft said there would still be game development and support on it in the future.
I'm sure Microsoft will continue to support the platform for at least 5 years, but the question is whether or not DEVELOPERS will show any interest in it after XB1 launches. Signs point to no...

Quote:
something else on my mind. people are saying the playstation and xbox will be competing for price point. Is it far fetched, that xbox will charge up to 700-800 for their system? since it's "all your entertainment in one"? whereas the PS4 is just gaming?
My gut tells me they'll try to keep it under 500. Maybe 449. 7-800 would price it out of most people's range (including mine), and those kinds of prices are creeping pretty close to "badass gaming PC" prices.

Quote:
I think it's doubtful that a required connection, even in intervals would happen. You'd seriously limit the machine's potential by not being online but you'd still be able to play single player games.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #51352
SinisterEcho

Quote:
thought you liked playing video games, and most people like COD and halo, etc. figured you would at least be online to play multiplayer. lol

what do you mean, make something awesome for Kinect?
I actually hate playing COD and Halo or any other game multiplayer.... I dont play games for the competition... I play them for the Storyline and gameplay... Im not even a huge fan of racing games anymore.

I have yet to see anything come out that uses kinect in a way that amazes me... I prefer a controller and tv... thats all i want.... not some camera that watches me move and mimics it on the TV... LET ME BE LAZY DAMNIT! THATS WHY I PLAY GAMES!