Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #897
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Yeah I bet! I'm still on the stock clutch somehow, too many things to build so little money haha. My clutch is really dead I think the shifts are not smooth and I don't think its disengaging properly anymore. Where did you pickup the rims?

Btw I think they are doing the Dig or Roll event again, would love to see the ZLX come through! I was the only 5th gen last time lol.
Damn bro, you're still on your stock clutch with all that HP you're pushing, you got some good use out of it. To think, I swapped mine out with 3000 miles on it, but you know the deal, I didn't want any breakage and wanted to do it all at once. I guess you're still running the stock axles then too?

I got the rims from my buddy that owns a Chevy dealership here in NJ, he hooked me up since I've been buying cars from him & his family for 15 years now. They actually came off his dad's ZR1.

If I still have the ZLX by the next Dig & Roll, I'll join you so you don't feel left out , I've got a few people working on financing so I can't make any promises it'll still be around, but you never know. By then I could be seeing 9 second runs Somebody better have some deep pockets if they want to play.

My boy Roger at EmblemPros hooked up my Zombie Hoe with some cool lettering. The guy does awesome work & a forum sponsor!

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #898
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Damn bro, you're still on your stock clutch with all that HP you're pushing, you got some good use out of it. To think, I swapped mine out with 3000 miles on it, but you know the deal, I didn't want any breakage and wanted to do it all at once. I guess you're still running the stock axles then too?

I got the rims from my buddy that owns a Chevy dealership here in NJ, he hooked me up since I've been buying cars from him & his family for 15 years now. They actually came off his dad's ZR1.

If I still have the ZLX by the next Dig & Roll, I'll join you so you don't feel left out , I've got a few people working on financing so I can't make any promises it'll still be around, but you never know. By then I could be seeing 9 second runs Somebody better have some deep pockets if they want to play.

My boy Roger at EmblemPros hooked up my Zombie Hoe with some cool lettering. The guy does awesome work & a forum sponsor!
Yeah stock clutch lol I beat it to hell and I think its about had it. Oh well like you said it put up with a lot and kept on ticking so I can't complain. At this rate the I'm just about done driving it for the year most likely so I'll see how much longer it'll go lol. I'm gonna run it till it starts slipping haha. Moving onto other projects got my eye on something as well.

Nah I have a gforce 9" with all the upgrades. 35 Spline, Moser Wavetrac, 1400+, etc. with a one off DSS 1 piece driveshaft made by frank for the kit. That stock driveline WOULD have broke under the power as soon as I put a tire on it. Next DOR event looks like its at MIR in Maryland probably a bit too far for me.

Sounds good on the rims lucky, I've ordered some welds for the car so we'll get that going once they come in. Selling it? GLWS man will be hard to let it go but I know that C7 will fill the void for sure. I had a few people try and buy mine but they couldn't even come up with a few thousand out of pocket ontop of their financing. If you can't afford that IMO you can't maintain the car and I wasnt gonna sell it to them. Truck looks good man, love the emblems.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #899
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Yeah stock clutch lol I beat it to hell and I think its about had it. Oh well like you said it put up with a lot and kept on ticking so I can't complain. At this rate the I'm just about done driving it for the year most likely so I'll see how much longer it'll go lol. I'm gonna run it till it starts slipping haha. Moving onto other projects got my eye on something as well.

Nah I have a gforce 9" with all the upgrades. 35 Spline, Moser Wavetrac, 1400+, etc. with a one off DSS 1 piece driveshaft made by frank for the kit. That stock driveline WOULD have broke under the power as soon as I put a tire on it. Next DOR event looks like its at MIR in Maryland probably a bit too far for me.

Sounds good on the rims lucky, I've ordered some welds for the car so we'll get that going once they come in. Selling it? GLWS man will be hard to let it go but I know that C7 will fill the void for sure. I had a few people try and buy mine but they couldn't even come up with a few thousand out of pocket ontop of their financing. If you can't afford that IMO you can't maintain the car and I wasnt gonna sell it to them. Truck looks good man, love the emblems.
It's a shame my move back from Cali was so rushed, I didn't even get a chance to get my stock clutch & axles from CMS, I could've given you the clutch, had less than 3K on it. Oh yea, the stock driveline would've been mush with that HP. We have a lot of similar stuff I see, you went with the Moser Wavetrac, while I went with the Eaton TrueTrac 35 spline & the GForce axles, love those babies especially with their lifetime warranty! I hear you about people having no clue what it cost to build & maintain a high HP build, and agree 100%. There's a right way and the cheap way, and the cheap way turns into a more expensive proposition when stuff starts breaking. Do it right the first time or don't bother!

If the Dig or Roll is in Maryland, I'll be passing as well, plenty of events at Atco Raceway to keep me satisfied. As will the C7, you know I'll be one of the first to be building them up once parts are made available. The good thing with the Stingray is the suspension is world class, so no need for upgrades there. Who knows maybe I'll just throw a bottle on it with a 150 or 200 shot I know Maggie working on a supercharger for it. I'll see what the boys at ECS will want to do, I don't mind being a Guinea Pig for speed! But I do know this, I'm definitely waiting a little bit once I get it to see what becomes available in the aftermarket world.

Roger @ EmblemPros does an awesome job with emblems & hydrocoating, I'm real happy with the way the Tahoe has turned out, going to need that beast now that I'm back on the Northeast! You'll really be happy with the Welds for the drags, did you go 18"? That was my next option if I couldn't get those Vette rims...Good choice with them!

Old 08-09-2013, 11:46 PM   #900
Kronix

Tick, tock, tick, tock....
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #901
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Tick, tock, tick, tock....
John, All I have to say is, "That is sick looking"...

Kurt ABL99...
Old 08-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #902
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Thanks RC, it certainly sounded like that when they were started up. Although I must admit that 69 SS is one sweet piece, and with less than 5K on the odometer, it'll fetch a pretty penny. The owner has been thinking about getting rid of his 2011 SS and getting a ZL1, but after taking him for a ride in my car, he's now thinking about buying mine...

Hit up one of our local tracks the other night with a few friends, this was the first time I ran the car with the new Mickey Thompson drag radials I got. Those babies are some sticky A$$ tires!! They took a full second and some tenths off my previous runs with the Nittos. Another good thing with those DRs is that I can drive to the track with them and not have to do my wheel/tire change there, like I would if I had gotten slicks. Below was my best time out of 4 passes. I'm still running the same tune I had when I was in Cali, so I really think I can put this car in the 9s once I get my new tune from East Coast Supercharging. 2 more weeks for that cause they need to get their Vettes ready for Corvettes at Carlisle. Speaking of Corvettes....

I made it official with my order on the Stingray yesterday, as I heard from my source that production should be starting fairly soon. Since my dealer is the top Vette dealer in the country, they're going to be getting the most of any dealer off the bat, so I wanted to make sure that SSYNSTR2 will be part of the first truckload. I kept it fairly simple, just making sure I got the Z51 performance package, Magnetic Selective Ride Control, and the Dual Mode Performance exhaust, everything performance driven. I have no need for all the overpriced interior bells & whistles that come with the 2 & 3 LT packages, I'll just wait for the aftermarket companies to start putting out their go fast products once the C7 is out.

Any video of the car on the track?
What did you run for front wheels/tires?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #903
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Sick John absolutely SICK!
Old 09-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #904
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED DEMON SS View Post
Sick John absolutely SICK!
Thank you sir, just trying to keep up with you!

Just installed some custom diamond plate kick panels I had made to go with the floor mats. I got so much stuff left to install for the potentially "new" owner, I know what I'll be doing all next week.......
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #905
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 SS , 2014 SS
MAN THIS IS A BEAST
Old 09-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #906
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Thank you sir, just trying to keep up with you!

Just installed some custom diamond plate kick panels I had made to go with the floor mats. I got so much stuff left to install for the potentially "new" owner, I know what I'll be doing all next week.......
John, Where you been? I thought the "hogs ate ya". Man, the ZLX is looking outstanding with her new kick panels!!

Of course, I would not expect anything else!!...

Nicely done John....got space for the new baby this fall?...

Kurt ABL99...
Old 09-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #907
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5

BUMP
Old 09-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #908
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlayer-SS View Post
MAN THIS IS A BEAST

Thank you SS-SS!! You've got quite the BEAST yourself over there tearing up your streets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
John, Where you been? I thought the "hogs ate ya". Man, the ZLX is looking outstanding with her new kick panels!!

Of course, I would not expect anything else!!...

Nicely done John....got space for the new baby this fall?...

Kurt ABL99...

Thank you my friend, Kurt! You're comments are always appreciated...As for my absence, I'll say I've been a little preoccupied with trying to turn my career in a new direction. But I've realized I've done my thread & forum friends an injustice by my vacancy. I forgot how much I enjoy writing, reading & following everything on this great forum, so I promise to be more proactive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlayer-SS View Post
BUMP

Installed a few odds & ends over the weekend, I had some custom black powder coated diamond plate ZLX kick panels made to match the floor mats. A Black Billet Front Speaker Trim to match up with the Billet cup holder cover & inserts, and SLP had sent me 4 or their new Black Chrome emblems to represent. I put one on the rear so far and it just seems to go perfect with the badging. Not sure where, I'm going to put the others yet...I'll be adding a few more things and post up pics when they're complete.

Thanks for swinging by!
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #909
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5

Man I love the badge! And thanks for the kind words coming from you ! They do mean a lot
Old 09-25-2013, 01:14 AM   #910
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Those Kick plates look super cool J , where've you been bro missed you here on the forum !!

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx