Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-07-2014, 11:27 PM   #85
Bruskin

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
I think you are the problem, chiming in a conversation that didnt have your name on it....Yayyy your gone!

In all due respect it was his thread in the first place. No need to get into an argument over something so minute. Why don't we just get over this and move back to the original topic because I was enjoying the thread until the claws came out
Bruskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:32 PM   #86
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Quote:
I think you are the problem, chiming in a conversation that didnt have your name on it....Yayyy your gone!
Yeah. It is his thread and clearly u lost the main point. He even acknowledge that the towels that hes got now are better than crappy auto zone towels. Anyways, don't have to buy the most expensive for best quality. But usually it ends up happening.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:21 PM   #87
gofast908z

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
I sure do but I dont have to post pics of my SS just to clarify to you that I also know how to detail a Camaro.
If you're going to make a statement like that, be prepared to prove it or be labeled a poser. You don't HAVE TO prove it......but make a claim that big and don't prove it, and no one will take you seriously.
gofast908z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #88
gofast908z

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
This really speaks to your maturity.

I often fix the work of guys who've detailed for 35+ years. Often means they're stuck in their old school ways and usually hack a car up. Probably was the s**t 35 years ago though.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #89
gofast908z

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthZL1 View Post
Do you have anything interesting or informative to say on this topic? If not, how about you just move along. No need to get worked up over any of this. Relax. It'll be okay.
(but its fun lol)

trollololololol.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:31 PM   #90
DarthZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofast908z View Post
(but its fun lol)

trollololololol.
I actually had hopes of turning this whole thread around. Oh well.... live and learn...
--- DarthZL1 - 2014 ZL1 #2095 M6 Black. Bone Stock ---
--- BigNLo - 1996 Impala SS Hot Rod Black. Lots of mods ---
DarthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #91
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofast908z View Post

I often fix the work of guys who've detailed for 35+ years. Often means they're stuck in their old school ways and usually hack a car up. Probably was the s**t 35 years ago though.
Read my post#76. I never said I knew everything because I dont. I read this thread and other detailing threads to gain new knowledge and to see if what I am and have done is wrong and then I make changes.

As for showing you photos. I have nothing, zero to prove to you. I know how my Camaro looks and so do ALOT of other people at shows and "Cars & Coffee" get togethers here around where I live.

You can flame me all you want about my age but at your going rate you probabl wont last another 35 years smartass.
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:04 PM   #92
curtismyhero

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Wow oh wow. I read through all 4 of the pages of this thread and while some of the comments are for sure interesting, I do want to at least point out some positive information that came from it. I for one am no master/pro at car detailing, but ever since I've gotten my Camaro I've been trying to read up on the best ways of taking care of it. This has taught me that more expensive isn't always better and visa versa. In reference to the the microfiber clothes, I truthfully had no idea that there was such a difference (though in hindsight it makes sense). So, to those that pointed out the difference in quality/build in a towel that would cost $5.99 versus that of $0.97 I thank you. Definitely going to be doing further research on the type of microfiber cloth I use going forward, and will buy those that are within my budget.
curtismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:09 PM   #93
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtismyhero View Post
Wow oh wow. I read through all 4 of the pages of this thread and while some of the comments are for sure interesting, I do want to at least point out some positive information that came from it. I for one am no master/pro at car detailing, but ever since I've gotten my Camaro I've been trying to read up on the best ways of taking care of it. This has taught me that more expensive isn't always better and visa versa. In reference to the the microfiber clothes, I truthfully had no idea that there was such a difference (though in hindsight it makes sense). So, to those that pointed out the difference in quality/build in a towel that would cost $5.99 versus that of $0.97 I thank you. Definitely going to be doing further research on the type of microfiber cloth I use going forward, and will buy those that are within my budget.
What have you been using so far??? Could you post some pics of you car to see if it cab proof what we are trying to say.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:03 PM   #94
curtismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
What have you been using so far??? Could you post some pics of you car to see if it cab proof what we are trying to say.
I'd have no problem doing this but I don't think I'd have pictures that would really help in making a point (at least none at the current moment, I try to not take nasty pictures of my lady ).

By surfing these forums I've learned more and more about car care, and it makes sense that a lower grade microfiber towel would be more prone to causing scratches within the paint (especially in my case as I don't have a garage).

Pretty much my point was, I'm not equipped to even begin to try to get into the debate of cheaper towels being more than/less than effective as "brand" type towels. But I am trying to learn, and those that have chimed in regarding the higher grade (note: grade, not price) have opened my eyes. Pretty much seeing now that it's equally as important to know exactly what it is you are using to apply product to your car, as the product itself. I can't recall who stated it earlier, but, you can't buy a V6 and expect Z28 performance! Sage advice there in my opinion! Haha.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:15 PM   #95
DylanVK

Drives: a few
So this thread sparked an interest in me to do some documenting of different towels for our forum. Its a long read, but anyone interested in some examples and up close documentation of various towel types have a look:

SCG Forums - a guide to microfiber

1967 C/10 PROJECT TRUCK | DETAILING EXPERT | CRAFT BEER ENTHUSIAST
DylanVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:17 PM   #96
curtismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@SCG View Post
So this thread sparked an interest in me to do some documenting of different towels for our forum. Its a long read, but anyone interested in some examples and up close documentation of various towel types have a look:

Haven't even gone through it yet but want to say thank you in advance. This is the type of info that I think is the most useful.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #97
DarthZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@SCG View Post

That is absolutely terrific. Thank you so much for that!
--- DarthZL1 - 2014 ZL1 #2095 M6 Black. Bone Stock ---
--- BigNLo - 1996 Impala SS Hot Rod Black. Lots of mods ---
DarthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:31 PM   #98
bleavens1962

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Thanks Dylan..
bleavens1962 is offline   Reply With Quote