Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-06-2009, 07:39 AM   #29
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertyforall1776 View Post
Awesome!
Can you please provide a definitive list of Bluetooth Profiles supported? Is the 2010 Camaro Bluetooth 2.0 or 2.1?
The Bluetooth for phone calls is a separate module and I don't know the exact profile version for that, but it is a very standard handsfree profile that should be supported by all phones that have BT Support.

For the audio streaming, it is using Bluetooth core version 2.1 + EDR with secure simple pairing. It also supports the A2DP v1.2 and AVRCP v1.3 profiles for the audio streaming and limited control of the remote device.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:45 PM   #30
codeman71
GM Employee

Quote:
Cool, thanks -- is any of it field-firmware-upgradeable in the future?
Yes it is. We have yet to figure out how this will work, but the unit can be updated via the USB port.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:20 PM   #31
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg660 View Post
I know that bluetooth will control your cellphone but this is what i want to know. i bought this thing for my ipod that makes it bluetooth accessible. Will the bluetooth in the car work with this, or it will only connect to my cellphone
I don't think it will work, You would need a Bluetooth that can stream Audio and I don't think this one will. Acura's can do this. Like the other guys said with the USB it's a non-issue. I know you don't like cords but you will not see it.
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:43 AM   #32
codeman71
GM Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg660 View Post
I know that bluetooth will control your cellphone but this is what i want to know. i bought this thing for my ipod that makes it bluetooth accessible. Will the bluetooth in the car work with this, or it will only connect to my cellphone
Trudawg, I am the engineer who designed the user interface for the audio streaming portion of our Bluetooth and I kept those type devices in mind specifically so we would support them. So yes, you will be able to use your Blutooth adapter with the Camaro system without any problems. Your Bluetooth phone will also connect at the same time without any problems.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:56 AM   #33
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Hey Codeman, quick question. Let's say I'm streaming music over A2DP from my Bluetooth phone. What happens when I get a phone call? Do the Headset/Handsfree profiles take precedent over A2DP?

EDIT: Also, will we be able to transfer our phonebook to the head unit? I believe that is the OBEX (object exchange) profile if I remember correctly.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:40 AM   #34
codeman71
GM Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Hey Codeman, quick question. Let's say I'm streaming music over A2DP from my Bluetooth phone. What happens when I get a phone call? Do the Headset/Handsfree profiles take precedent over A2DP?

EDIT: Also, will we be able to transfer our phonebook to the head unit? I believe that is the OBEX (object exchange) profile if I remember correctly.
Unfortunately, the way the system is architected, you may not be able to connect via A2DP and Handsfree profiles at the same time. They are using two separate Bluetooth nodes in two different modules. So, your phone has to be able to support connecting to multiple devices at once. I hear that some phones can do this, but a majority of them will not.

As far as phonebook goes, no, you will not be able to transfer the phonebook. That is coming with our next generation phone Bluetooth module. You'll have to use your phone's voice recognition through the Bluetooth system to dial your contacts or program them manually into the system.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:55 AM   #35
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
Unfortunately, the way the system is architected, you may not be able to connect via A2DP and Handsfree profiles at the same time. They are using two separate Bluetooth nodes in two different modules. So, your phone has to be able to support connecting to multiple devices at once. I hear that some phones can do this, but a majority of them will not.

As far as phonebook goes, no, you will not be able to transfer the phonebook. That is coming with our next generation phone Bluetooth module. You'll have to use your phone's voice recognition through the Bluetooth system to dial your contacts or program them manually into the system.
Yea, I wasn't expecting the ability to use two Bluetooth profiles at once (haven't seen many devices that can do that), but was wondering if the phone would make the switch to give the phone call priority.

I interned at Parrot (Bluetooth car kit company) about 4 years ago and they had a great system of syncing the phonebook with many phones so that you never needed to take your phone out when in the car. You could use either your phones voice dialing, or you could record voice commands for each contact.

You could also record keywords that would perform certain functions. I remembered that backfiring though when users would record themselves saying "end" to end a call and then saying it by accident in the middle of conversation.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:02 PM   #36
codeman71
GM Employee

Quote:
Do you know off-hand if the iPhone supports this? That is really an odd design choice -- two separate Bluetooth modules?! What is the reason for that?! Certainly NOT cost...

Also, what is the ETA on the next-gen bluetooth module?
From what Apple has told us, the iPhone will support connecting to two separate Bluetooth nodes simultaneously, but it'll just be something that we'll test once the 3.0 software comes out.

Yeah, it's definitely not the ideal solution, but just what we had to do to get it in here with the timing.

I'm not sure about the next-gen for phone. That's a different group working on that module.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:16 AM   #37
CAMAROCOP

Drives: 2LT/RS IBM
Do you need to add another line to use the phone feature? Or can you use your existing cell phone? Someone told me you had to because it was a feature of on star
Old 04-13-2009, 09:31 AM   #38
codeman71
GM Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAROCOP View Post
Do you need to add another line to use the phone feature? Or can you use your existing cell phone? Someone told me you had to because it was a feature of on star
No, you don't have to add another line. You can just use your cell phone now over the Bluetooth connection.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:51 PM   #39
CAMAROCOP

Drives: 2LT/RS IBM
thank you
Old 04-15-2009, 08:24 AM   #40
CasopoliS

Drives: Honda Fit
Slightly off the bluetooth topic, but will you be able to add a USB port to the stereo without the connectivity package? It seems like the stereo pin-out should contain this input regardless, and the connectivity package just wires it in....
maybe I am wrong. I understand bluetooth needing the separate module, but it seems like USB might just need additional wiring (obviously someone would need to know the pin-out spec).
CasopoliS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:38 PM   #41
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Codeman,you know about this!

xTooltipElement
Service Information
2010 Chevrolet Camaro | Camaro Service Manual | Driver Information and Entertainment | Preliminary Information | Document ID: 2262491
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#PIC5139: Buzz Noise During Call When Using Bluetooth - (Apr 7, 2009)

Subject: Buzz noise during call when using Bluetooth®

Models: 2008 - 2009 Cadillac CTS, CTS-V

2009 Buick Enclave, Lacrosse, Lucerne

2009 Cadillac DTS, Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT, SRX, XLR

2009 Cadillac STS with RPO YQ1 or YQ2

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt, Corvette, Equinox, HHR, Impala, Malibu, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Trailblazer, Traverse

2009 GMC Acadia, Envoy, Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL

2009 Hummer H2. H3

2009 Pontiac G5, G6, Solstice, Torrent

2009 SAAB 9-7x

2009 Saturn Aura, Outlook, Sky, Vue

2010 Chevrolet Camaro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
On any vehicle equipped with OnStar® (UE1) & Bluetooth® (UPF), an EMC buzz can be heard from the land-line side only of the phone during a Bluetooth® phone call made with an older model GSM phone. The buzz is only heard with older model GSM phones and is dependent on the distance of the phone from the microphone. The newer 3G GSM phones or other cellular phones (CDMA, TDMA, etc) have not shown this concern.

Recommendation/Instructions:
A new microphone has been developed to address to the EMC buzz from GSM phones. Replacement microphones will be released for service as soon as parts are available.

A service bulletin with further information will be released when parts are available.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© 2009 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:44 PM   #42
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
USB/I POD

ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote