Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-15-2018, 11:49 PM   #15
dawazeek

Drives: Black 2011 2SS
I reclutched immediately and shifted properly into 4th maybe a 1/4 second after into 2nd. I didn't clear the codes as my mechanic, (possibly leaving the bar?) walked by his shop on the way home and I waved him over. He heard the engine and I told him the codes. He said they would check it out Monday but that it was in my best interest to just leave it be for the time being.
dawazeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:04 AM   #16
DaddySS
Kept The Faith

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Thumb down when upshifting, thumb up when down shifting and you won't miss those shifts.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:17 AM   #17
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
If you want to drag race, get a L99.

I’m the first one to get to say this? Man, it is slowing down on here.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:31 AM   #18
dawazeek

Yea, but there's no challenge to racing in an automatic. That's like bowling with a handicap.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:54 AM   #19
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I still think you might be fine. That reduced power mode sounds and acts ugly. Personally I’d clear them and start it. If it purrs, fine, if it doesn’t turn it off immediately and you know there’s a problem and your mechanic will diagnose it without the codes anyway.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:58 AM   #20
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
[QUOTE=Royal Tiger;10219805]If you want to drag race, get a L99.

easy bub..lulz..you going to c'fest? lot's of "grudge" racin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawazeek View Post
Yea, but there's no challenge to racing in an automatic. That's like bowling with a handicap.

each has it's place and you will never beat an auto vs stick head to head...I however drive my car daily...and there is nothin like rowin the gears on a hwy on ramp or wakin peeps up with a quick down shift...

btw - know anybody with a inspection camera? take out the spark plugs and look at the tops of the pistons...if something hit it will be obvious...my bet is still on P/R's being bent...good luck and yeah...don't start her until it gets checked out....

peace

FYI..if you hit the limiter the car goes into reduced RPM mode for approx. 15 min. otherwise runs fine...ask me how I know...can't say how many times I have hit mine...had to have dynoSteve raise it to 7k and when my cam goes in it will be set even higher....
Old 06-16-2018, 09:09 AM   #21
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
If you want to drag race, get a L99.

I’m the first one to get to say this? Man, it is slowing down on here.
If YOU want to drag race, get more than 387.74rwhp 412.09rwtq before talking $hit.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:15 AM   #22
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
If YOU want to drag race, get more than 387.74rwhp 412.09rwtq before talking $hit.
Calm down keyboard commando. It has been a teasing point on here for years, hence my shock at being the first to say it. It’s a joke Francis.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:08 AM   #23
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I was just about to unleash the A6 comment - all in good fun. It seems like there’s another advantage with the A6 vs the shift-challenged. It impossible to ‘force’ the A6 into a too-low gear cuz it’s “denied” and...when I’ve bounced off the limiter, it runs fine after that. I’m assuming BECAUSE it wasn’t forced into extreme RPM but simply stopped at 6200.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:28 AM   #24
dawazeek

Mine has been a daily driver not just a track car. I recently bought a 4 cylinder to save on gas however when I noticed I was paying around $400 a month on gas. Hahah
Old 06-16-2018, 11:57 AM   #25
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
All good, OP, but I'm with Frank on this one. I would guess you have an issue in the valve train, a broken spring or bent PR. Shouldn't be too $$ to get back up and running. How many miles on the motor?
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:51 PM   #26
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post

FYI..if you hit the limiter the car goes into reduced RPM mode for approx. 15 min. otherwise runs fine...ask me how I know...can't say how many times I have hit mine...had to have dynoSteve raise it to 7k and when my cam goes in it will be set even higher....

I never noticed reduced RPMs after bouncing off the limiter, but maybe I just never tried it again within 15 minutes.
50MPH in 1st is already above all the speed limits around here so I usually just dump it into 4th. If some fool goes flying by me after that I am happy to let him think he "won".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I was just about to unleash the A6 comment - all in good fun. It seems like there’s another advantage with the A6 vs the shift-challenged. It impossible to ‘force’ the A6 into a too-low gear cuz it’s “denied” and...when I’ve bounced off the limiter, it runs fine after that. I’m assuming BECAUSE it wasn’t forced into extreme RPM but simply stopped at 6200.

GM already has a lockout installed on 2nd gear for the skip-shift. I can't imagine it being too hard to activate it when the vehicle speed is too high for a safe downshift.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:54 PM   #27
dawazeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
All good, OP, but I'm with Frank on this one. I would guess you have an issue in the valve train, a broken spring or bent PR. Shouldn't be too $$ to get back up and running. How many miles on the motor?
I have around 28000 miles on it. Bought it used at around 16000.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:02 PM   #28
dawazeek

Turns out I bent some valves. Push rods are still good. Would you all recommend upgrading anything while the engine with be partially taken apart? Thinking relatively inexpensive parts since I don't have a lot of play money right now.