Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 12:39 AM   #141
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
You sound like one of those ignorant ricers that's always putting down the C6 Corvette's because they have a "stone age" leaf spring suspension and big inefficient V8's. In spite of some of it's "stone age" components I believe the Corvette to be one of the best handling and performing sports cars on the planet. You may consider the suspension on the Mustang primitive but the live rear axle is lighter and stronger than most IRS types and actually works quite fine on the road course and the dragstrip.
You should also be a bit more careful about throwing the "stone age" reference around. Last time I checked the LS3 (and LS7 in the Vette) were still using pushrods....talk about stone age. But yet they still make great reliable power and deliver decent gas mileage. State of the art, modern design does not always mean something is superior as there is often more than one way to obtain excellent performance results. And yes I'm quite confident that my Whipple supercharged Mustang GT with 443 rwhp-approx 505 hp at the crank (and a host of other goodies, including some upgrades to my "stone age" suspension) will easily beat a 600+ lbs heavier with less power SRT-8 Challenger (and 2010 Camaro when they finally hit the streets). Once guys start modding them with superchargers and nitrous it will probably be a different story. But we'll see. It's going to be fun finding out. Long live the new horsepower wars!!!
Don't forget rice is the true enemy. Not fellow muscle car owners.
wow dont hurt the guy....too much.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:45 AM   #142
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Quote:
You sound like one of those ignorant ricers that's always putting down the C6 Corvette's because they have a "stone age" leaf spring suspension and big inefficient V8's. In spite of some of it's "stone age" components I believe the Corvette to be one of the best handling and performing sports cars on the planet. You may consider the suspension on the Mustang primitive but the live rear axle is lighter and stronger than most IRS types and actually works quite fine on the road course and the dragstrip.
You should also be a bit more careful about throwing the "stone age" reference around. Last time I checked the LS3 (and LS7 in the Vette) were still using pushrods....talk about stone age. But yet they still make great reliable power and deliver decent gas mileage. State of the art, modern design does not always mean something is superior as there is often more than one way to obtain excellent performance results. And yes I'm quite confident that my Whipple supercharged Mustang GT with 443 rwhp-approx 505 hp at the crank (and a host of other goodies, including some upgrades to my "stone age" suspension) will easily beat a 600+ lbs heavier with less power SRT-8 Challenger (and 2010 Camaro when they finally hit the streets). Once guys start modding them with superchargers and nitrous it will probably be a different story. But we'll see. It's going to be fun finding out. Long live the new horsepower wars!!!

ok...?

a. Where did the corvette come from???

b. The live rear axel is as dated as the mustangs your car was modeled after.

c. if you want to talk mustang vs. camaro, its going to be stock. unless its a thread devoted to "who spent more money on their car" then asume we dont really care how many thousands you spent on yours, Camaro >>>>> Mustang. just remember... GM stopped comparing the two because it was so lopsided that it just didnt make sense comparing them anymore.

d. I LIKE the challenger... but im really not a huge fan. its more of a throwback car than a performance car.

e. Im sure you'll end up eating your words once you get burned by some lucky guy in a modded LS3 SS. The LS3 can EASILY turn out 500+ hp without using a Blower. very basic mods. this is the holy grail of engines.

f. i agree, ricers are the ultimate enemy. competition between muscle cars is healthy. That civic with GTR decalls and a Wing is enemy numero uno.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:52 AM   #143
porcupinekiller

Drives: 2010 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
ok...?

c. if you want to talk mustang vs. camaro, its going to be stock. unless its a thread devoted to "who spent more money on their car" then asume we dont really care how many thousands you spent on yours, Camaro >>>>> Mustang. just remember... GM stopped comparing the two because it was so lopsided that it just didnt make sense comparing them anymore.

d. I LIKE the challenger... but im really not a huge fan. its more of a throwback car than a performance car.

e. Im sure you'll end up eating your words once you get burned by some lucky guy in a modded LS3 SS. The LS3 can EASILY turn out 500+ hp without using a Blower. very basic mods. this is the holy grail of engines.

f. i agree, ricers are the ultimate enemy. competition between muscle cars is healthy. That civic with GTR decalls and a Wing is enemy numero uno.
You got me there dude!! I'm at a loss for words. You have a great night.LOL
Old 08-20-2008, 12:55 AM   #144
Congoman775

Quote:
You got me there dude!! I'm at a loss for words. You have a great night.LOL
lol.

im not sure how to take that.

but enough arguing, lets all be friends

Old 08-20-2008, 01:10 AM   #145
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Quote:
ok...?

d. I LIKE the challenger... but im really not a huge fan. its more of a throwback car than a performance car.I really dont care for the car at all...Mopar's always so close yet so far

e. Im sure you'll end up eating your words once you get burned by some lucky guy in a modded LS3 SS. The LS3 can EASILY turn out 500+ hp without using a Blower. very basic mods. this is the holy grail of engines. no arguement there

f. i agree, ricers are the ultimate enemy. competition between muscle cars is healthy. That civic with GTR decalls and a Wing is enemy numero uno. that tickles me

great stuff!
Old 08-20-2008, 01:13 AM   #146
gladiatoro

Drives: 1981 Z28 Camaro
Why compare a 05 Mustang to a 2010 Maro , not fair ,here is the news a lot of people have been wondering about yes the 5.0 is back for the 2010 Stang 400 hp 400fpt not bad out of a 1.2 liter smaller engine eh. plus of course the car will be much lighter than the Maro or Chally so watch out the Blue Oval boyz are back the engine will be built in Canada here is the linkhttp://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-beg...ang-spied.html
Old 08-20-2008, 01:14 AM   #147
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
here is the 2010 mustang in the cover of car and driver and the 2010 nissan 370Z. From the looks of these cars the mustang looks sad and sleepy and the nissan looks it took a bite of a lemon, sour face. Maybe thats how the driver is going to feel when he gets smoked by a camaro
Attached Images

Last edited by Caliman93230; 08-20-2008 at 01:14 AM. Reason: n/a
Old 08-20-2008, 01:19 AM   #148
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
here is the 2010 mustang in the cover of car and driver and the 2010 nissan 370Z. From the looks of these cars the mustang looks sad and sleepy and the nissan looks it took a bite of a lemon, sour face. Maybe thats how the driver is going to feel when he gets smoked by a camaro
I like the update they've done to the Stang....but I do agree she does look a little sleepy
Old 08-20-2008, 01:24 AM   #149
Congoman775

that cover is so old... its crazy. and innacurate.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:42 AM   #150
SyN

Drives: Future 2010 Camaro
Quote:
First off I gotta say the new Camaro looks awesome and I can hardly wait to see one in person(my brother-in-law has already put down a deposit at a local GM dealer)!! But secondly I have to say some of you guys are in for a rude awakening if you think that you're going to hit the streets with a brand new 2010 Camaro and wipe out the competition at the track and in street skirmishes. It's going to take time to get some fast 2010 Camaro's on the streets. There are quite a few 11 sec 1/4 mile daily driver Mustang GT's running around (mine included)that are itching to show a new Camaro some tail lights. The 2005+ Mustangs have a huge head start and massive amounts of performance parts available at reasonable prices due to the high production volume of the cars and it's going to take some time for the 2010 Camaro to catch up and it will cost more to due so.
Also if it was not for the success of the 2005+ Mustang the Camaro would not have been resurrected from the grave for 2010.
I'm glad to see the current revival of the new muscle car (Camaro, Mustang and Challenger) as it was getting rather boring with just the Mustang out there (sorry Mopar guys but a 4 door Charger isn't a muscle car in my books even if it does have a HEMI lol). The only downside is that the new breed of muscle cars are so darn heavy!! I thought my Mustang was heavy at 3500+ lbs but the Camaro SS at 3850 lbs+ and the new Challenger at 4100 lbs+ are even worse. It would be nice if they could trim fat and get these babies down under 3300 lbs.
Heck if I could afford it I would have a 2010 Camaro SS,a C6 Z06 (still my current favorite car)and a SRT-8 Challenger sitting in my garage next to my Mustang. Long live American muscle cars!!!!!!!
I'm sure you guys are going to love your 2010 Camaro's once you finally get your hands on them.

lol... Well its kinda sad in itself that you'd be happy beating a Stock Camaro with your Modded Mustang if that indeed is the case. Try thinking ahead of when Camaro's start getting modded then it'll be modded Camaro vs your Modded Mustang... which means........

End Game for your Mustang!!

Camaro for the win!!!

I like muscle cars and ricers as well as other type of cars/trucks.. Ricers can be nice too if done right, I don't like all ricers though. Some are just plain ugly as hell that you see driving around.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:50 AM   #151
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
Quote:
that cover is so old... its crazy. and innacurate.
inaccurate yes probably it will not have a 6.2 L, but the body style will be very similar, just look at the spy shoots for the 2010 mustang.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:12 AM   #152
porcupinekiller

Drives: 2010 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyN View Post
lol... Well its kinda sad in itself that you'd be happy beating a Stock Camaro with your Modded Mustang if that indeed is the case. Try thinking ahead of when Camaro's start getting modded then it'll be modded Camaro vs your Modded Mustang... which means........

End Game for your Mustang!!

Camaro for the win!!!

I like muscle cars and ricers as well as other type of cars/trucks.. Ricers can be nice too if done right, I don't like all ricers though. Some are just plain ugly as hell that you see driving around.
You obviously missed the whole point of what I was saying in this thread. You should go back to playing video games and leave the car talk to the big boys.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:01 AM   #153
K-soldier

Drives: mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Nissan
Quote:
I don't think you should be defending the Live axle in the mustang and yes its "stone age" tech when you drive on a tight corner and a bump comes in your way what happens? you know what happens instability thats what happens don't you loose security in the car? I think the biggest mistake ford did with mustang was not putting IRS in stangs. I don't care how much power a car has if its not stable its useless
Old 08-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #154
Congoman775

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-soldier View Post
I don't think you should be defending the Live axle in the mustang and yes its "stone age" tech when you drive on a tight corner and a bump comes in your way what happens? you know what happens instability thats what happens don't you loose security in the car? I think the biggest mistake ford did with mustang was not putting IRS in stangs. I don't care how much power a car has if its not stable its useless
i know why you defend the Live Axel.

You own it.

if i owned a mustang, id probaly defend it too.

but you should admit what the Camaro has put together is years ahead of the Mustang.

And seriously, if you want to take about mine vs. yours, go start a 'modded car' thread.

Closed Thread