Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 10-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #9493
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by gglefty View Post
Hey all... If any of you know of a good place to get an inexpensive paint job locally please let me know. It's not for my Camaro. It's for an older family car, the one I use for crappy days
Macco paint and body shops! They start at $249!!!!

http://maaco.com/
Old 10-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #9494
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
Macco paint and body shops! They start at $249!!!!

http://maaco.com/
Yeah but he said he wanted a good, cheap paint job. lol
Old 10-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #9495
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
This probably a dumb question, but what kind of car shampoo do you guys use?
Old 10-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #9496
vtelvr

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtelvr View Post
Is it bad that I've been on vacation for a week and I miss my car?!?!
Ahh, that's better! Just returned from dinner; took the long way there and back. She was a little slow to warm up, but once she did, she purred like normal! Even caught third gear with the cooler temps combined with the summer tires! I love my car!
vtelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #9497
vtelvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSS View Post
This probably a dumb question, but what kind of car shampoo do you guys use?
Right now, I'm just using the Meguiars in the purple jug...I plan on investing into some much better products in the near future as my "cheap" stuff runs out. I see that Adams brand is a supporting vendor, but them, higher tiers of Meguiars, and Zaino kinda take the finish to a different level, as long as you're willing to make the time and financial investment. The biggest thing to remember, don't continue to do bad things to your paint, or you'll work your ass off keeping it in good shape.

The Junkman has a whole series of videos in the detailing section that I highly recommend. That dude knows his stuff.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #9498
SlowSS

Yes I actually have a PC with several of Adams products. Long story short I just completed a whole paint correction on my car. Well today was the first wash since the detail and after I washed it I notice small water spots all over the car. Dried it off and still there. Used some Adams detail spray and nothing. You can't see it unless direct sunlight and even at that it's probably my OCD, but when I polished it a week ago that paint was 96% flawless.

Oh BTW I used the last of my Meg's purple jug today to wash it. Don't know if it's the soap or.....just confused. I know the spots will be gone after I use some revive polish, but just sucks that I just spent 10hrs over the course of 3 days detailing it and no I see these spots
Old 10-07-2012, 10:03 PM   #9499
vtelvr

Quote:
Yes I actually have a PC with several of Adams products. Long story short I just completed a whole paint correction on my car. Well today was the first wash since the detail and after I washed it I notice small water spots all over the car. Dried it off and still there. Used some Adams detail spray and nothing. You can't see it unless direct sunlight and even at that it's probably my OCD, but when I polished it a week ago that paint was 96% flawless.

Oh BTW I used the last of my Meg's purple jug today to wash it. Don't know if it's the soap or.....just confused. I know the spots will be gone after I use some revive polish, but just sucks that I just spent 10hrs over the course of 3 days detailing it and no I see these spots
That would kinda make sense...I noticed some pretty serious waterspots on my sunroof the last time I washed my car. I know claybar will remove them, but didn't have the time to mess with it.

I am going to spend this weekend cleaning my car, the long way, to see if I can get it up to par. I don't have a buffer, but it needs a clay and wax session so bad it's pitiful. I hope to get a buffer and all the other stuff in the next few months. Until then, I will have to deal with the swirls...

What I do need to know, how to get wax out of the black trim, like the grille and diffuser. The dealership must have literally poured the wax on, smeared it around, and then buffed it off. Looked horrible...
Old 10-07-2012, 11:23 PM   #9500
SlowSS

Use some sort of all purpose cleaner and a tooth brush that will remove the wax. Then go back over it with with some sort of plastic protectant. I use Adams Super VRT.

Also For you Adams users. If you don't want to order online you can go to Atlanta Sports and Imports, where we had the detail clinics, and pick up what you need there. Their prices are the same as online and it helps a local business.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:55 AM   #9501
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Flying team update:

Well, here was the flight team today doing landing practice.
Name:  WEFT Practice Oct 7 2012.jpeg
Views: 250
Size:  123.7 KB

You do 3 power on landings and 3 power off landings. The power on landings are the easiest (obviously). You can have power in as long as you want, but you must land with idle power and once you take power out you cannot put it back in. Power off landings when you are at 1800 foot on your downwind leg (aka you have a left turn left to perpendicular the runway then another left to be on straight final) and you pass by your landing point your power comes to idle and you cannot add power anymore. Tricky stuff.

Here is how landings are scored.

We have a 1 inch wide line about 600 foot down the runway. 100 foot before and 200 foot after that line are two other lines making a "box." Land on the line, you get 0 points. Land 50 foot short of the line you get 50 points, land 199 foot past the line you get 199 points ect. Land outside of the box...400 points...do a go around (don't land) 400 points. Add power after you take it out...200 points. Needless to say it all adds up quick. Closest to 0 wins.

Hope you all are doing well!
Old 10-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #9502
vtelvr

^^ That sounds pretty awesome!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #9503
ken53007

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
good stuff JT good luck buddy
ken53007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #9504
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
Quote:
I notice small water spots all over the car. Dried it off and still there. Used some Adams detail spray and nothing. You can't see it unless direct sunlight and even at that it's probably my OCD, but when I polished it a week ago that paint was 96% flawless.
It's what's in the water that leaves the spots. I don't know how much the soap helps. Check this out; http://www.autogeek.net/cr-spotless-water-systems.html Here's a cheaper system; http://www.autogeek.net/clinhofianda.html

Here are all kinds of soaps, too; http://www.autogeek.net/washing.html

Make sure you're in the shade when you wash your car. I always wash my car in the garage with this; http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html No need for hose down...unless the care is very dirty. Then I may hose down first.

...and more stuff; http://www.autogeek.net/waterless-ca...-products.html

Last edited by colemanvoice; 10-08-2012 at 10:28 AM.
colemanvoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #9505
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtelvr View Post
^^ That sounds pretty awesome!
It's pretty fun! Didn't get to experience to landing part til yesterday, but its really challenging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken53007 View Post
good stuff JT good luck buddy
Thank ya sir.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #9506
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Wow...........no posts today

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atlanta, club, diane is great., free josh, j.t. is awesome, mti locks not rocks your car, mti rocks, mti rocks your mom's house, yep yep