Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 02-19-2011, 08:52 PM   #4131
Commit and Conquer

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Polished will always show better with the hood up at car shows.
Black always looks better when the hood is down and you are buying tires for the track with the savings.

So are you ordering it up Monday? And going to bite the bullet and be done right away?

Let me know if you are wanting a roll bar. John will hook you up as a CCOTR member.

Spend the money now and be ready for C5 fest or spend the money later and spend C5 Fest wishing I would have and doing it when I get back!

Spend it now!!!

Manley Crank, Wiseco Pistons, Compstar H Beam Rods, ARP Main/Studs, Copper Treated "hi boost" head gaskets, FI Cam & Ported Heads w/Manley Extreme Duty Valves, Lunati Link Bar Lifters, Fuel System w/LPE Dual pumps, Twin Fuel Feed line/Single return w/ boost reference regulator, NW 102mm TB, 10-Rib ASP custom pulley kit, Twin RX Catch Cans, Roto Fab CAI, TSP Stainless Headers, Spec Twin Disc P-Trim Clutch, DSS Level 5 Axles, Eibach and BMR Full suspension
Commit and Conquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #4132
Commit and Conquer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint@A.I.R. View Post
^^^ lol JOE'S car is becoming a Race car with 1600 miles on it

I love it.

Manley Crank, Wiseco Pistons, Compstar H Beam Rods, ARP Main/Studs, Copper Treated "hi boost" head gaskets, FI Cam & Ported Heads w/Manley Extreme Duty Valves, Lunati Link Bar Lifters, Fuel System w/LPE Dual pumps, Twin Fuel Feed line/Single return w/ boost reference regulator, NW 102mm TB, 10-Rib ASP custom pulley kit, Twin RX Catch Cans, Roto Fab CAI, TSP Stainless Headers, Spec Twin Disc P-Trim Clutch, DSS Level 5 Axles, Eibach and BMR Full suspension
Old 02-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #4133
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
I'm sure this has been asked a million times but if I put on an aftermarket exhaust (headers back) will it void my whole warranty?? should I call the dealership? or should I just say eff it and just do it???
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:04 PM   #4134
Brian@LGMAC

Drives: a slow 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
I'm sure this has been asked a million times but if I put on an aftermarket exhaust (headers back) will it void my whole warranty?? should I call the dealership? or should I just say eff it and just do it???
No it will not
Brian@LGMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:06 PM   #4135
Commit and Conquer

Quote:
Polished will always show better with the hood up at car shows.
Black always looks better when the hood is down and you are buying tires for the track with the savings.

So are you ordering it up Monday? And going to bite the bullet and be done right away?

Let me know if you are wanting a roll bar. John will hook you up as a CCOTR member.
Sorry Larry,

I forgot to answer the second question. What is the cost of the Roll Bar? Porbably not intersted right now...I'm tapped!!!

Old 02-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #4136
Clint@A.I.R.
Account Suspended

Drives: 99' Camaro 404 TT
^^ like !200 I believe
Clint@A.I.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #4137
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commit and Conquer View Post
Sorry Larry,

I forgot to answer the second question. What is the cost of the Roll Bar? Porbably not intersted right now...I'm tapped!!!
Depends on what you want.
mild steel 5 point to a cromoly 6point, belts or no belts, dipped finish or paint and clear coat.

6point cromoly with two simpson belts with standard finish probably come in around 2200 total. 5 pt mild steel standard finish prob around 1050 or so.

A little less than the current group buy going on to get the ball rolling here in Colorado thru good ol Clint of course. Mine is supposed to ship monday so i will post up pics of the install etc.

Blown SS already has his I believe.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:23 PM   #4138
Hulk

Drives: 2011 Synenergy Green 2SS/RS
Quote:
Clint is the man he knows how to find the deals!!!

I'm pretty amped about the Whipple. NOw I just have to decide by MOnday whether or not I want Black or Polished. Part of me wants to stick with the them of my car and go black while part of me likes the polished look...
Order the black one and them paint it to match the body color.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:48 AM   #4139
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
Lot of heat for a 550 degree paint. I dont think I would try painting a SC just saying. It would be like painting your Headers. And his car is Silver....lol? But something custom like that could be pretty cool looking.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 02-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #4140
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
Your right just the engine warranty part.
Tom
It does nothing to void the engine warranty, it only voids the exhaust warranty which doesnt matter because you have no stock exhaust. Now a tune is a different story!
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #4141
Commit and Conquer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

Thinking I'll go black and then add some carbon fiber touches under the hood!

Old 02-21-2011, 08:05 AM   #4142
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
You all can believe what you want about warranty.Truth is the only way your not going to risk it is if you do nothing at all. When it comes down to money the tune (not the one you install) changes.Maybe if you only go with the Gm performance exhaust,but I've got no blind belief that anything done to the exhaust won't void your engine warranty.
Tom it really depends on the dealer you go to. if you want to get technical. Your CAI voids your warranty, Your Diablo tune voided your warranty. Even if you load back to stock they can tell as from what I understand every action to the ECM is timestamped. The only real warranty you will void is the one for your exhaust system and cats...no big deal. Break something and you will want to upgrade it anyway so dont sweat the small stuff and enjoy that beast.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:06 AM   #4143
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Thinking I'll go black and then add some carbon fiber touches under the hood!
Go Joe Go!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #4144
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Tom it really depends on the dealer you go to. if you want to get technical. Your CAI voids your warranty, Your Diablo tune voided your warranty. Even if you load back to stock they can tell as from what I understand every action to the ECM is timestamped. The only real warranty you will void is the one for your exhaust system and cats...no big deal. Break something and you will want to upgrade it anyway so dont sweat the small stuff and enjoy that beast.
Exactly what I said.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 callaway, 45th anniversary, colorado camaro