Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-28-2012, 05:50 AM   #85
joesaxton
Joe

Drives: 2012 45th Ann. Edition Lt2 Convert
I had the TSB done in March. So far no issues. See my garage pictures.
joesaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:20 AM   #86
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Oops, almost forgot, had the "enhancements" done at Partyka Chevrolet in Hamden Ct. Have multiple rub marks. Took pics of the holes wearing through from the inside (you know, where GM said the wear marks were "normal" and they would do nothing more for me).
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:34 PM   #87
texfre

Drives: 2011 Conv 2SS RS 6 Hurst SRX-4
my dealer said the top is like a pair of jeans, when you wash them they become wrinkled and marked. When I asked the service maanger about a few thing his quote was "I don't care." Off tho see the owner this PM
texfre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:56 PM   #88
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
I am taking no chances with this one.

I plan on driving from Atlanta to Woodhaven, MI and have Gerry @ Rodgers Chevrolet do the TSB at the end of June.

-Funk
2012 Convert 2SS/RS SW/IO LS3 - Build #1081

07/21/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping.
08/09/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
08/16/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
08/19/2011 - In my possession.
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #89
JAustin

Drives: (sold) 2011 2LT/RS auto, SW/tan top
I'm going to wait and see ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
If it's not broke, don't fix it.

How to open a huge can of worms = taking your car there to be fixed when right now it is fine with no problems.
I agree.

I haven't experienced any top issues in nearly 1 year of ownership (light use). Receiving this TSB in the mail brought me here to check other owners' experiences, and I plan to inspect the purported wear/tear points this weekend.

If I can't spot any problems, I'll just file the letter and keep an eye on the top for future wear. If / when I ever take the vehicle in for dealer service (I do my own oil & filter changes, and haven't had any warranty or service issues), I may check with them then, to see how many of these fixes they have done, and what their thoughts are.

I really hate to read about all of the problems so many have had with these tops. I'd be curious what percentage of total vert owners have experienced these issues, but even if it's a small minority, it's still way too many. It's a shame, because I know how experiences like these can totally destroy the pleasures of owning and driving a convertible.

Good luck to everyone trying to get this fixed, and hopefully GM will deploy a real and permanent solution sometime soon. If your dealer gives you any grief, I would recommend going to another dealer. These cars are all still under warranty, so GM pays the dealers to do the warranty work. Any dealership too clueless to understand the revenue opportunity in warranty repairs probably isn't good enough to employ competent, responsible mechanics.
JAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #90
jmm30534
Jim's Red Jewel

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS RJT Convertible
Just picked up the vert after a new top and water bag. It looks good. The true test is what happens after putting the top down a few times and get it wet.
jmm30534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #91
Fnfalguy
Supreme Advisor

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Tops are on backorder in the Central Florida area per my dealer and GM Customer Service.
Fnfalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #92
Maxcam

Drives: RY/2LT/RS 'Vert
Uh Oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxcam View Post
So far so good, I have cycled it several times and can't see the top coming anywhere close to where the pinch point used to be.
Not so good anymore. My husband noticed on the passenger side there is a pinch point in a completely different spot and fraying already beginning. Since we have such a short summer in the Great Pacific Northwest I'm not even bringing up to the dealer until summer is over.

I hate seeing Max hurt
Old 07-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #93
Oby1
The Force

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
I had the recall work done and still have a lot of road noise and a dip on the drivers side. Drove to West Palm Beach and could hardly hear the person next to me talk without raising our voices. Let's see what's next.
Oby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #94
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr View Post
I am taking no chances with this one.

I plan on driving from Atlanta to Woodhaven, MI and have Gerry @ Rodgers Chevrolet do the TSB at the end of June.

-Funk
That would be my plan too. But no problems yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAustin View Post
I agree.

I haven't experienced any top issues in nearly 1 year of ownership (light use). Receiving this TSB in the mail brought me here to check other owners' experiences, and I plan to inspect the purported wear/tear points this weekend.

If I can't spot any problems, I'll just file the letter and keep an eye on the top for future wear. If / when I ever take the vehicle in for dealer service (I do my own oil & filter changes, and haven't had any warranty or service issues), I may check with them then, to see how many of these fixes they have done, and what their thoughts are.

I really hate to read about all of the problems so many have had with these tops. I'd be curious what percentage of total vert owners have experienced these issues, but even if it's a small minority, it's still way too many. It's a shame, because I know how experiences like these can totally destroy the pleasures of owning and driving a convertible.

Good luck to everyone trying to get this fixed, and hopefully GM will deploy a real and permanent solution sometime soon. If your dealer gives you any grief, I would recommend going to another dealer. These cars are all still under warranty, so GM pays the dealers to do the warranty work. Any dealership too clueless to understand the revenue opportunity in warranty repairs probably isn't good enough to employ competent, responsible mechanics.
What he said!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #95
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Rodgers Chevrolet in Woodhaven MI did ours before we picked it up and so far after a month and two weeks 3700 miles and 110 or more top cycles all is well. Needless to say I am very happy.
But if I do have future problems I will contact them and if I have to I will drive back up there for repairs.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #96
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Rodgers Chevrolet in Woodhaven MI did ours before we picked it up and so far after a month and two weeks 3700 miles and 110 or more top cycles all is well. Needless to say I am very happy.
But if I do have future problems I will contact them and if I have to I will drive back up there for repairs.
+1 for Rodgers. Got nothing but great things to say about them!
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #97
Ron71

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convertible
Brandon,

Can you run my car and see if it qualifies. It is a new 2012 but it has wind noise and appears to have a small cut in the top already. Vin 2G1FK3DJ3C91107701

Thanks,
Ron
Ron71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #98
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
By your VIN you have an early build 2012. Probably early last August and didn't get one with the fixes on the line from February forward. My first one was built on 7/26 and was car 3015. Good luck
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote