Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-07-2010, 12:39 AM   #71
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Vert is reported to be on display at NAIAS on the 15th of Jan.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:44 AM   #72
douge7

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT, RS
Send a message via AIM to douge7 Send a message via Yahoo to douge7
So the convertible was supposed to be at the NAIAS. I have looked everyehere for stories. Did they not end of showing the production vert there?
douge7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:15 AM   #73
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
My neighbor had been holding out for the convertible. Yesterday 6-7 she got a RJT 2SS/RS with every option ground package, stripes, rims upgraded to a chrome and black rim, very sharp car. A big reason she got one now after waiting over a year was the salesman told her the convertible was pushed back to the 4th qtr 2011 if it is even made that the company who makes the convertible went bank rupt and they may not even produce one. Does this sound up and up or did the salesman/dealer lie to get a sale?? Any one else herd this?? I did a search here but couldn't find it so sorry if this has already been discussed.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:22 AM   #74
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
:emoticon7:

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:46 AM   #75
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeron View Post
My neighbor had been holding out for the convertible. Yesterday 6-7 she got a RJT 2SS/RS with every option ground package, stripes, rims upgraded to a chrome and black rim, very sharp car. A big reason she got one now after waiting over a year was the salesman told her the convertible was pushed back to the 4th qtr 2011 if it is even made that the company who makes the convertible went bank rupt and they may not even produce one. Does this sound up and up or did the salesman/dealer lie to get a sale?? Any one else herd this?? I did a search here but couldn't find it so sorry if this has already been discussed.
It was said that they re-tooled the factory during the Christmas holiday shut down for the Convertible. Then there has been spy shots of the Convt in Detroit. I also know someone that has money down on a Convt.

I don't know for sure but my guess is that the salesman may not have specifically lied but sounds like he really didn't have a clue. He is probably going off some rumor someone might have said about the convt back at the end of last year. I doubt very seriously he confirmed his facts before making the statments. She probably got bluffed into buying one.

She is probably happy for now but once she starts seeing the convt on the streets she might be taking a hit on a trade in.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:03 PM   #76
2KWIK4U

Drives: 1969 Camaro and 2014 Camaro vert
The top maker in Germany is the one that went bankrupt, since then they have a Canadian company making them now. The last that was officially announced was it should be out 1st quarter of 2012, not 2011. Some are speculating it might come out as a late season release this year, but who knows for sure.

BTW I am waiting for a convertible too!!

Danny

" I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" -John Wayne "The Shootist"
2KWIK4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #77
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
Convertible...

I will take one in red...
Attached Images

spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:07 PM   #78
mjwaldschm

Drives: 2001 Camaro Convert
Send a message via AIM to mjwaldschm
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KWIK4U View Post
The top maker in Germany is the one that went bankrupt, since then they have a Canadian company making them now. The last that was officially announced was it should be out 1st quarter of 2012, not 2011. Some are speculating it might come out as a late season release this year, but who knows for sure.

BTW I am waiting for a convertible too!!

Danny
Convertible per Fbodfather and Camaro Scotty (see his recent post) will start production first quarter 2011. I see lots of people saying that is will be 2012 but I think that confusion comes in as it has been rumored that the vert, even with production starting in early 2011, will be a model year 2012. To my knowledge that is speculation and have not heard confirmation from a reliable source to date.

I too have been very tempted to bail on my long wait for the vert. But I know I would greatly regret it and trading in a one year old coupe would not be financially viable for me. I currently own an 01 vert and love driving it every day. And put the top down as often as I can.
mjwaldschm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:28 AM   #79
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
My understanding is, we've had two special editions - Synergy Green, and the Transformers. ( a pattern of "special offerings")

While Synergy green is offered on ALL MODELS for 2011 (Soon), it will only be around until the convertible goes into production. The 2012 model year will again start about the same as 2011 - in June.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:09 AM   #80
2KWIK4U

Drives: 1969 Camaro and 2014 Camaro vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwaldschm View Post
Convertible per Fbodfather and Camaro Scotty (see his recent post) will start production first quarter 2011. I see lots of people saying that is will be 2012 but I think that confusion comes in as it has been rumored that the vert, even with production starting in early 2011, will be a model year 2012. To my knowledge that is speculation and have not heard confirmation from a reliable source to date.

I too have been very tempted to bail on my long wait for the vert. But I know I would greatly regret it and trading in a one year old coupe would not be financially viable for me. I currently own an 01 vert and love driving it every day. And put the top down as often as I can.

Sorry my bad, I meant 2011 as a 2012 model. Boy is this stuff getting confusing!!

They should just get it out and be done with it

Danny

" I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" -John Wayne "The Shootist"
2KWIK4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:52 AM   #81
9t8z28

Drives: 98 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by spratleyea View Post
I will take one in red...
Wow! That looks bada$$!
9t8z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #82
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
Convertible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
Wow! That looks bada$$!
Thanks.
spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:37 PM   #83
Camaro_OK

Drives: Pontiac Torrent
Send a message via ICQ to Camaro_OK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctcamaro View Post
I have had a deposit on a vert since 06/08 for MSRP .This IS great news !
How much are you putting down for a deposit? Just curious what I would need.
Camaro_OK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #84
Camaro_OK

Drives: Pontiac Torrent
Send a message via ICQ to Camaro_OK
Bump. I'm just needing to know if I need $500, $5,000 or $35,000.
Camaro_OK is offline   Reply With Quote