Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-17-2014, 11:00 PM   #169
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Young Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
First exam of the semester tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!!

Good luck. My first exam is next week.

25% of my grade

Also got the book for my first class in the mail today.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:15 PM   #170
xinfamousxi

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
Is it bad that I am already burnt out on college? Thinking about going to a flight academy....
I'm feeling the same way about to finish up my Associates this semester. After High school I went straight to the work force. I did customer service jobs and when I go so fed up with doing it might options were limited. I think thats what still drives me to finish college because I dont want to go back on the stupid phone!

Hoping to complete my Bachelors by the time I hit 29
xinfamousxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:19 AM   #171
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinfamousxi View Post
I'm feeling the same way about to finish up my Associates this semester. After High school I went straight to the work force. I did customer service jobs and when I go so fed up with doing it might options were limited. I think thats what still drives me to finish college because I dont want to go back on the stupid phone!

Hoping to complete my Bachelors by the time I hit 29
lol. None of the jobs I am really interested in require a bachelors. Most (Air Traffic Controller, Aircraft Maintenance Technician, etc...) have tech schools you have to attend to get your license.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:28 AM   #172
xinfamousxi

Quote:
lol. None of the jobs I am really interested in require a bachelors. Most (Air Traffic Controller, Aircraft Maintenance Technician, etc...) have tech schools you have to attend to get your license.
I currently do small bookkeeping duties at my job and I love it. I have worked with the Accountant here on different occasions and even though I might sound like a nerd I love working with numbers and money. That's why I'm going for an Accounting degree.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #173
rebelyell22

Quote:
I currently do small bookkeeping duties at my job and I love it. I have worked with the Accountant here on different occasions and even though I might sound like a nerd I love working with numbers and money. That's why I'm going for an Accounting degree.
My Grandfather was in the banking business. Long hard hours, but not bad if you enjoy it.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:11 AM   #174
RGRCamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
On college:

I would say not to go to college, at least an expensive one, unless the job you will get coming out is paying high enough. If it's not going to pay enough then pick a less expensive school or a trade school depending on your goals.

At my University I just graduated from, the Tuition alone was 33K a year, that doesn't include room, board, etc.. So there are kids there that spend $160,000 or more to go to my college and most of the Business majors come out making $50,000 a year or less. Most are in the $36,000 range for Finance & Marketing, they will be spending years paying that back unless they are on good scholarships.

So IMO I wouldn't have gone to this school unless I knew I was going to come out making very good money, and didn't cover most cost through scholarship (By the end I had covered a little over half with scholarships)

RGRCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:31 AM   #175
rebelyell22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRCamaro View Post
On college:

I would say not to go to college, at least an expensive one, unless the job you will get coming out is paying high enough. If it's not going to pay enough then pick a less expensive school or a trade school depending on your goals.

At my University I just graduated from, the Tuition alone was 33K a year, that doesn't include room, board, etc.. So there are kids there that spend $160,000 or more to go to my college and most of the Business majors come out making $50,000 a year or less. Most are in the $36,000 range for Finance & Marketing, they will be spending years paying that back unless they are on good scholarships.

So IMO I wouldn't have gone to this school unless I knew I was going to come out making very good money, and didn't cover most cost through scholarship (By the end I had covered a little over half with scholarships)
Commercial pilots start out making $30k or so. I would be $150k in debt at minimum. Pay goes up to six figures, but that takes a long time. (10yrs+)
Old 09-18-2014, 10:34 AM   #176
RGRCamaro

Quote:
Commercial pilots start out making $30k or so. I would be $150k in debt at minimum. Pay goes up to six figures, but that takes a long time. (10yrs+)
For a commercial pilot I wouldn't even worry about college. There are alot of trade schools for aviation. Tulsa has a Spartan College of Aeronautics for example.

I have a buddy who is flying and they can make some pretty good money! That's the only reason I went to this college, to get a specific job.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #177
xinfamousxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRCamaro View Post
On college:

I started at a community college and now transferring my credits to a University because of that reason.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:02 AM   #178
RGRCamaro

Quote:
I started at a community college and now transferring my credits to a University because of that reason.
Yup that's what alot of people do here. I just got enough Academic scholarship that I could avoid that.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:33 AM   #179
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
22 year old reporting in... will be 23 in a couple weeks, Oct 3rd Friday night.

Hopefully I'll get an LS3 conversion kit for my B-day! [;

As far as struggles go... uhh... I guess I get the question "Wow, you're really young for that kind of car, why didn't you save up until you were older so you can have paid it off in cash? "

Well shoot, I know a lot of people 10-20 years older than me and finance things... In my opinion this car was a win-win for me. This is helping my credit out tremendously and of course I get to have a freakin' 2011 CAMARO SUPER SPORT at the age of 22!

No offense to anyone here, but not many people in their lifetimes can say they owned their dream car at a younger age,
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 12:41 AM   #180
Enduring

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
22 year old reporting in... will be 23 in a couple weeks, Oct 3rd Friday night.

Hopefully I'll get an LS3 conversion kit for my B-day! [;

As far as struggles go... uhh... I guess I get the question "Wow, you're really young for that kind of car, why didn't you save up until you were older so you can have paid it off in cash? "

Well shoot, I know a lot of people 10-20 years older than me and finance things... In my opinion this car was a win-win for me. This is helping my credit out tremendously and of course I get to have a freakin' 2011 CAMARO SUPER SPORT at the age of 22!

No offense to anyone here, but not many people in their lifetimes can say they owned their dream car at a younger age,
Yeah, everyone in my family have financed vehicles. When you get a low interest rate it makes sense to keep money in savings instead.

My dad told me to buy the car I want now because I may never get the chance to again. Was it the best financial decision I could have made? No. Do I regret it? Absolutely not.
Enduring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:42 PM   #181
xinfamousxi

Man I have only had this car a week and it seems to attract the biggest @holes. Its like everyone with a spoiler/exhaust wants to race me. THey either brake check me and pull to the side of me or rev their loud exhaust when they are side by side at a light. I'm like brah I got my daughter in the car f*** off.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:45 PM   #182
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
17 here, should be picking up a camaro in the next couple months

Nice to see that I qualify for a thread, and don't have to hang around the over 40 section anymore :P
hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i can haz a tag?