Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-22-2018, 01:47 PM   #183
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
5th to 6th was more evolutionary than revolutionary. I expect 6th to 7th to be the same. Cars are just so well made these days that there isn’t a large jump like there used to be
I feel Mustang's jump to hybrid technology will be revolutionary.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:02 PM   #184
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
I feel Mustang's jump to hybrid technology will be revolutionary.
Agreed.
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:00 PM   #185
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvKillar View Post
OMG! I saw a different article about that Blazer today for the first time.. could not believe the similarities! Hell no to buying a new Camaro only to be told it looks like a BLAZER?!?
Lol I hear you.....read through the comments. Some say the 6th gen is a step forward in in looks. I ssid that the current Camaro kind of looks like alot of other cars on the road. This sure proves my observation as somewhat accurate

Last edited by rontammy0; 06-22-2018 at 04:40 PM.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:58 PM   #186
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
The Prowler's failure was due to the V6 under the hood. It isn't my opinion, but a widely accepted judgement. The 2003 Thunderbird was not the first retro comeback car to hit the market; it was the Prowler, followed by the New Beetle, which really kicked it off. The first American vehicle to do it en masse was the PT Cruiser.
I've refrained from commenting, but the tone of your posts has become more bashing of the 5th generation & defensive about the 6th generation. I assure you that the 5th generation Camaro will become well regarded & coveted as time moves on, similar to what is occurring with the 3rd generation now; while the 6th generation will receive treatment similar to the 4th generation. You're the only person here who believes otherwise & the only person, on any muscle car forum that I've been on, to speak so disparagingly of the 5th generation, so that should tell you something.
I look forward to the 7th generation & hope to either purchase one or a 2019+ SS, but not at the expense of trading my 5th generation. It was an instant classic the day the first one rolled off of the assembly line, regardless of what monetary value it may or may not have in the future.
Bashing? I have been a Camaro fan for 46 years and an owner of at least one Camaro for most of the last 37 years , i have faced the facts many years ago that i am a Camaro fan in a Mustang world and very happy with that . Over those years and long before the internet was thought of i been involved in countless conversations about Camaros ,Challengers ,Mustangs and Muscle Cars when bashing has entered into the conversation and i can tell you that i have bashed nothing here . I don't buy into all the smoke blowing up each others butt here about the 5th Gen , there are many people here who think they know Camaros and where they came from and where they are going but very few actually do .
I can honestly say i spent more time defending my purchase of a 5th gen Camaro then i will ever have to with my 6th Gen among the older car heads i know, i have never seen the love for the 5th gen with early Camaro owners like that is talked about here . And the fact that 60% of Gen 5 owners are first time Camaro buyers says a lot.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:00 PM   #187
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
This is for certain people saying the retro look shouldn't have happened...mine and a couple of buddies I think prove otherwise.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/attac...1&d=1529683589
Have you ever seen the movie The Good The Bad and The Ugly ?
Old 06-22-2018, 04:18 PM   #188
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
5th to 6th was more evolutionary than revolutionary. I expect 6th to 7th to be the same. Cars are just so well made these days that there isn’t a large jump like there used to be

Maybe if there is a Gen 8 the turbo 6 will be tops, but Gen 7 will still have a V8
I just found out today that GM is releasing new calibration for the eLSD in the SS 1LE , i think thats kinda revolutionary in the Camaro world.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:33 PM   #189
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Bashing? I have been a Camaro fan for 46 years and an owner of at least one Camaro for most of the last 37 years , i have faced the facts many years ago that i am a Camaro fan in a Mustang world and very happy with that . Over those years and long before the internet was thought of i been involved in countless conversations about Camaros ,Challengers ,Mustangs and Muscle Cars when bashing has entered into the conversation and i can tell you that i have bashed nothing here . I don't buy into all the smoke blowing up each others butt here about the 5th Gen , there are many people here who think they know Camaros and where they came from and where they are going but very few actually do .
I can honestly say i spent more time defending my purchase of a 5th gen Camaro then i will ever have to with my 6th Gen among the older car heads i know, i have never seen the love for the 5th gen with early Camaro owners like that is talked about here . And the fact that 60% of Gen 5 owners are first time Camaro buyers says a lot.
Hardly sound like a fan of the Camaro. The post you quoted was bang on. You consistently having to defend your 5th gen purchase is laughable. Cars heads you know eh.I was just cruising the other night with buddies with a blown 55 Chevy.....built BB 55 and a nice 55 driver..throw in the 67 Camaro into the mix of these gear heads everyone of them like the style of the 5th gen. So maybe your car buddies are like you....narrow minded with an attitude that only your opinion matters. Good thing most car guys aren't like you and your buds eh?
Old 06-22-2018, 04:40 PM   #190
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Assuming everything you state is true, it's inexplicable why you waste your time on the 5th generation forum, when it would be embraced on the 6th generation forum.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:59 PM   #191
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Hardly sound like a fan of the Camaro. The post you quoted was bang on. You consistently having to defend your 5th gen purchase is laughable. Cars heads you know eh.I was just cruising the other night with buddies with a blown 55 Chevy.....built BB 55 and a nice 55 driver..throw in the 67 Camaro into the mix of these gear heads everyone of them like the style of the 5th gen. So maybe your car buddies are like you....narrow minded with an attitude that only your opinion matters. Good thing most car guys aren't like you and your buds eh?
What is laughable is trying to explain to a 68 year old guy that owns a 67 corvette and a 70.5 Z28 how the L99 with AFM works in a 5th Gen SS , and then try calling it a muscle car ,i caught hell for 2 years for buying an automatic .I will be the first to admit it is a rough crowd of old car heads , but an honest crowd that can take it as much as they dish it out .
Old 06-22-2018, 05:11 PM   #192
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Assuming everything you state is true, it's inexplicable why you waste your time on the 5th generation forum, when it would be embraced on the 6th generation forum.
I can't take all the hate for the 2019 refresh crap over there ,it really got old ,i mean to a point of stupid . I don't hate the 5th gen at all i just place it at a different level in the Camaro world then most here . And more importantly 5th Gen forum has rontammy0 ,that alone is worth the price of admission.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:12 PM   #193
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
I just found out today that GM is releasing new calibration for the eLSD in the SS 1LE , i think thats kinda revolutionary in the Camaro world.
Lol software updates are not revolutionary
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 05:12 PM   #194
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
What is laughable is trying to explain to a 68 year old guy that owns a 67 corvette and a 70.5 Z28 how the L99 with AFM works in a 5th Gen SS , and then try calling it a muscle car ,i caught hell for 2 years for buying an automatic .I will be the first to admit it is a rough crowd of old car heads , but an honest crowd that can take it as much as they dish it out .
Ive had my car for 5 years... auto l99. You make no sense... .the old school gear heads...and I mean stubborn guys that think anything new is not worthy. Its hardly limited to an auto Camaro.....Ive just seen it this week with a buddy if mine with a Shelby GT 500 vert. Old timers questioning why he brings a stock car to a car meet. I politely explain its a car meet...not a classic car show. Funny how all your complaints regarding your 5th gen I have seen very little of....and I know and hang with many old school guys with classics along with other old school gearheads that have bought modern muscle cars and have has great conversations and good cruises with. I'm thinking you need new friends.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:13 PM   #195
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
I can't take all the hate for the 2019 refresh crap over there ,it really got old ,i mean to a point of stupid . I don't hate the 5th gen at all i just place it at a different level in the Camaro world then most here . And more importantly 5th Gen forum has rontammy0 ,that alone is worth the price of admission.
Ya but I have to be polite now.....
Old 06-22-2018, 05:33 PM   #196
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
I can't take all the hate for the 2019 refresh crap over there ,it really got old ,i mean to a point of stupid .
Now it's their turn to hate something new, so they are taking full advantage of it.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote