Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #15
R Kern
NFRNO SS

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS M6
Fantastic work on my favorite 'newer' Ferrari.
I would love to own a real 360 Modena, but since I can't afford the real thing, I built this Tamiya model about 5 years ago.
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #16
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganSRT View Post
The owner is a friend and a great guy, down to earth and very humble. Nothing is out of reach man, you wouldnt believe some of the cars I have done and the work they have done to get to them, it has let me feel to open to every and all chances that come my way to somehow own one of these someday.

Being up close with this beauty it really is a treat every time, especially this one with all of its aftermarket parts. Including a lot of carbon fiber everywhere, ride dampeners, and straight pipes with electric cutouts, oh and also full race headers , yeah she screams like an F1 car. But to be honest I have become somewhat numb to the shear presence of them as before I went off on my own I worked at our local Ferrari dealership, so I driven almost every model since the mid 80's. For me it comes from the love of the owners and their passion as I learn more about their car as I talk to them. Thats what really brings them to life to me, and that look after I finish, I see the look that I imagine they had when they first saw a Ferrari as a child. When properly detailed the lines on these Ferrari's come to life, many places you really never saw before, I sat back for 20 minutes just staring at this after I finished in the sun, the finished pictures show how you can catch 3 or more reflections in a single picture, beautiful machines. Thanks again man!
You sound like a man after my own heart . . . I generally freak out whenever I see one and try not to crash my car if I'm driving! The most heartbreaking thing I've seen is a high school kid driving a Testarossa . . . it made me die a little inside (I drove a 1977 yellow/brown Chrysler LeBaron in high school) there is no way a kid can truly appreciate a car like that.

On a side note, have you seen the new LaFerrari!?!?! It is INSANE!!!!

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...-and-info-news
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #17
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
nice work.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #18
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Awesome! It must be somewhat nerve wracking working on such an expensive car. I'm doing an E-type Jaguar in the near future thats got me a bit on edge.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #19
MichiganSRT
SRT and SS

Drives: 08' Jeep SRT8 / 13' 2SS Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
That's awesome! That Ferrari is beautiful
Thank you! I agree, she is very beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslk350 View Post

Nice job!
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Kern View Post
Fantastic work on my favorite 'newer' Ferrari.
I would love to own a real 360 Modena, but since I can't afford the real thing, I built this Tamiya model about 5 years ago.
Thanks man! Hey I have one as well, funny you posted that because I actually have a 360 model I made like when I was 12, and its actually ironically yellow too, meant to bring it and put it side by side haha. Side note, if you wanna know how detail crazy I am, my model actually had real paint and clear (shop owner painted it for me), well after I learn to detail and correct paint I wet sanded and compounded the entire thing to make it perfect hahaha. Yeah im kinda psycho i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
You sound like a man after my own heart . . . I generally freak out whenever I see one and try not to crash my car if I'm driving! The most heartbreaking thing I've seen is a high school kid driving a Testarossa . . . it made me die a little inside (I drove a 1977 yellow/brown Chrysler LeBaron in high school) there is no way a kid can truly appreciate a car like that.

On a side note, have you seen the new LaFerrari!?!?! It is INSANE!!!!

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...-and-info-news
Hahah yeah its pretty wild seeing one in the wild, always catches your eye no matter what you are doing, could be dangerous actually haha. I hear ya on the testarossa, I actually have a customer that let his kid (16) drive his newer 458 to school when it didnt even have 100 miles on it. But he really did appreciate it and actually went through a few driving classes before his dad let him in it so that was a nice change. I cant wait to get my hands on the LaFerrari, I know a few with orders so I hope to get a call to work on one. I know when they come in for delivery cleanup, I will be up there to check it out. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
nice work.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Awesome! It must be somewhat nerve wracking working on such an expensive car. I'm doing an E-type Jaguar in the near future thats got me a bit on edge.
Thanks! yeah it was at first, after time and working with high end cars you realize that thinking about it too much will effect your work and your ability to work properly. I now am to the point where I work the same with a cavalier as I would with a brand new 458 Spider. I know I saw your other thread on your detail and you did a great job, no need to be nervous with the Jag, its got 4 wheels and a steering wheel just like any other car . One thing I would be careful about is if it has original paint then that would be single stage and to be extra careful. And if you havent worked with single stage paint before feel free to message me and I can give you a few tips as there are a few more things you need to watch with it, especially if old. If its repainted it would most likely be 2 stage ppg and you should be good! Either way dont be nervous, only time I ever got very nervous was working on a Bugatti Veyron but after you get into the work it should fade away.
MichiganSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #20
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Nice work Josh, that thing was BEAT!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #21
MichiganSRT
SRT and SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Adams View Post
Nice work Josh, that thing was BEAT!
Thank you sir! it was, but gladly got my hands on that and turned it around to the way it should be!
Old 07-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #22
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Hmmm yeah I don't know much about 1 stage paint. I know the jag was restored at some point, I can ask if it was painted. If not though I'll need some tips, you think you could pm me some info on dealing with one layer paint?
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #23
MichiganSRT
SRT and SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Hmmm yeah I don't know much about 1 stage paint. I know the jag was restored at some point, I can ask if it was painted. If not though I'll need some tips, you think you could pm me some info on dealing with one layer paint?
If it was restored I think they would repaint it, unless the paint was flawless, with single stage isnt very common unless kept up meticulously. I would check this writeup Todd did a while back and look it over and if you have any more questions in particular just throw me a PM. If it was restored though I think it might be repainted, if it is then no need to worry! still a good read though.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...e-stage-paint/
Old 07-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #24
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Wish I had a beat-up Ferrari like that
Old 07-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #25
MichiganSRT
SRT and SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Wish I had a beat-up Ferrari like that
You and I both man.

Hey guys, after answering PMs about process on this I thought I would bump it up so people can reference it easier and if any new questions come up dont hesitate to ask me on here as you wouldn't be the only one with that question I can almost guarantee. Hope all is well and everyone had a great 4th weekend!