Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-01-2015, 01:29 AM   #3305
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Drives: 2011 1LT Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by zandron263 View Post
Looks great Jeff you have done a lot of work I can't wait to see the finished product.
Thats putting it lightly. Every time I do something I find a couple of other small detail thing to do . It never ends ..lol the wife said to save some for next winter mods ..I say what...Just have to make sure I don't forget the little stuff. And I can't wait to see the car done myself..
BIO-HAZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:49 AM   #3306
verboten

Drives: Black
We need to arrange a group buy with Lupe for our own interior pieces we want painted green.
verboten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 10:15 AM   #3307
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by verboten View Post
We need to arrange a group buy with Lupe for our own interior pieces we want painted green.
Sure now you think of that. After I'm almost done with everything...
Old 03-02-2015, 12:24 PM   #3308
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Well Ive got an issue with my SGM V6. I know this isnt the place for this post but im not getting much feedback in the Issues Section.

So I got in the camaro this morning. Started the car up and everything was fine. Started my drive to work and after the car was warmed up I started hearing almost a knocking noise in sync with the rpms.

I know people say the v6 injectors are loud and ive gotten used to the injectors. this is something totally different.

The knock/tick/click whatever you wanna call it is only audible when I step on the gas, at idle you cant hear it at all and the car sounds fine. I also notice when i pulled the car back into the garage the idle was around 600rpm which is lower than normal.

Its actually almost more noticable when you're in the car with the windows up.

Any ideas guys? do I have a bad rod or bearing? or lifter tick? Hell maybe even a timing chain issue causing a knock.
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:47 PM   #3309
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
Well Ive got an issue with my SGM V6. I know this isnt the place for this post but im not getting much feedback in the Issues Section.

So I got in the camaro this morning. Started the car up and everything was fine. Started my drive to work and after the car was warmed up I started hearing almost a knocking noise in sync with the rpms.

I know people say the v6 injectors are loud and ive gotten used to the injectors. this is something totally different.

The knock/tick/click whatever you wanna call it is only audible when I step on the gas, at idle you cant hear it at all and the car sounds fine. I also notice when i pulled the car back into the garage the idle was around 600rpm which is lower than normal.

Its actually almost more noticable when you're in the car with the windows up.

Any ideas guys? do I have a bad rod or bearing? or lifter tick? Hell maybe even a timing chain issue causing a knock.
Sorry to hear that . But 1st thing to check is your oil level. There was issues with some of the V6 oil just dissappearing. Maybe get a new oil change also . Do you have a catch can also ? One of the best things you can buy for the V6.

I did see something about timing chains also.

Hope you find out what's wrong ...
Old 03-04-2015, 09:57 AM   #3310
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Waiting for tomorrow , painted stuff from Lupe coming UPS . We have 4 inches of ice last night , So hope no delays ... Post pics when it comes in..
Old 03-05-2015, 03:12 PM   #3311
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Got my stuff from Lupe today. So heres a peek at the new wheels. Mind you the out side bolts are not on yet , getting black ones & the center green blots are on either.

But I think the look pretty sick. Also have new Caliper covers going behind the wheel painted Synergy Green with Black Camaro lettering.

LMK what you think ok..

Name:  20150305_153139.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  122.8 KB

Name:  20150305_153157.jpg
Views: 994
Size:  112.3 KB

Name:  20150305_153434.jpg
Views: 891
Size:  154.3 KB

Name:  20150305_153347.jpg
Views: 949
Size:  161.2 KB
Old 03-05-2015, 04:01 PM   #3312
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Looks pretty cool Bio, the irony to your design is my car's name is Toxic SS...

I would however suggest re-doing your stripes like the Pace Car style stripes....only doing something like this...

Old 03-05-2015, 07:32 PM   #3313
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Your rims look killer !
Old 03-05-2015, 10:00 PM   #3314
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Looks pretty cool Bio, the irony to your design is my car's name is Toxic SS...

I would however suggest re-doing your stripes like the Pace Car style stripes....only doing something like this...

Hey what's up , haven't seen you around in a while. I always did like your stipes. But keeping all the cool stuff hidden for shows. Love the name also..
Old 03-05-2015, 10:02 PM   #3315
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
Your rims look killer !
Thanks Lim, I can't wait to see them all cleaned up and all together on the car.
I think they turned out pretty good.
Going to find some black allen bolts tomorrow, wish me luck..
Old 03-06-2015, 10:51 PM   #3316
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

No luck on any Black allen bolts today . Tried everywhere . I have a bolt company out by Sidney NY trying to find some black titanium bolts. As of now looks like I have to wait .

On the bright side ordered my new Cover King seat covers for the front seats. Min are pretty faded after 4 summers. I wasn't going to buy these again. But after trying 3 shops for redoing them with green leather or vinyl and no luck . It was just cheaper & easier to buy them again.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:55 PM   #3317
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
I learned something interesting about Synergy Green today, and I thought you guys would like to be aware of it.

In January, I got in an accident with my car. I took my car to a body shop that a bunch of Camaro people recommended. When they finished with the car, I was disappointed with the poor color match, but I thought maybe it was due to the way the light reflected off of the panels (like how the rear fenders sometimes look darker if you view the car from a certain angle). After a few day though, I realized the color wasn't right at all. It was much darker, and almost had an olive cast to it (at least that's how I thought of it). So I took it to another body shop. The guys there immediately said, "Oh yeah. This is definitely the wrong color. There is too much gold in it." So they're repainting my car.

I called him today to see how it's going. What he told me is what you guys will be interested in if you ever need paint work.

They use PPG paints, which are pretty widely used. He said that when they look up a paint color in the PPG paints, there is the factory color and then there are variants. Those variants are for variations in the paint from the factory based on different batches, or atmospheric conditions when the paint is mixed or applied. The shop will find the variant that is closest, then they will do test sprays to tweak the tints that are needed for that particular car. He said every car needs slight tinting.

However, he said on Synergy Green, there is the PPG factory color, and NO variants. He also said that the PPG factory color is wrong. It's way too gold, just like what was sprayed on my car. He tried tinting and he has had to take a lot of the gold tint out of the paint. As I said above, tinting is almost always required, but it's very minimal. For this, he said he's had to take out more of the gold tint than he's ever had to tint a factory color before. He is working with PPG so that they become aware of the situation, and can hopefully at least show it as a variant or correct the base color.

Hopefully none of you guys run into that problem, but at least now you can be on the lookout for it. I'll try to remember to update you guys when I find out what PPG says.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:12 AM   #3318
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Nice write up on the paint.

I had a friend that had a Synergy Green . Wiped out the rear quater of the car . Had a body shop do the work & paint . He ran in to the same problem . They couldn't blend the paint . He got it done and it was a lot darker than the rest of the car . He had to have it all redone again . Finally he gave up and traded it in on a 45th edition . His car sold local a lady has it now and drives it as a DD. I think she doesn't even car or notice the difference..