Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
G Money

Drives: 2013 ZL1, 2016 Denali HD
Mods

Has anyone here ever use a company called Vengence Racing in Georgia I want to do some mods that I am not comfortable doing myself and really dont want to send my car off to Hennessey or Lingenfelter ????
G Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
I believe there are some recent posts about them. Have you tried searching in here and the modifications section of the ZL1 forum?
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
ZLWonton

Drives: 2014 ZL1 BRM
What kinds of mods you planning?
ZLWonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Well, been there twice for open house type stuff. They had some bad ass cars on display. And there was a dude with a ZL1 there that they had done, he had 670 RWHP, but they were about to add some stuff and projected north of 700.

Mostly friendly, very informative, I had a nice conversation with the manager and they had a price list of "packages" for the LSA. It seemed like a good shop given that I haven't been to any others, but I let them throw my car up on the dyno for fun, with Rotofab CAI an no tune I've got 515RWHP, well that was before my headers anyway.

I know I didn't really answer the question, but hope it helps.

Here's my other take on it, the guy with the ZL1 they had done really had wonderful things to say about them, and they've done a ton of Vette's, Camaros, and CTS-V's, his statement was "They are the best in the Atlanta area." My instant response(in my head) was that for that kind of money I didn't want to best in the area, I want the best in the country. But if they are close and you don't want to have to ship your car and what not, I think they are a great choice. This time of year they said turn around time would be about a week. If you wait until winter they get backed up and you might have to make an appointment two months out or something, you know, everyone wants there car right now, wait til the crappy weather gets here to put it in the shop.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #5
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Let me say this, they support the Fbody Gathering in Atlanta, so it's good to support those that support the hobby.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #6
G Money

Xanytos I am looking to replace cam, upper valvetrain, headers, balancer, pinned crank etc. plus a tune.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #7
Gizz69
Tony

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Blk/Blk
There are several threads around about them. Many say they do great work, but are generally considered "expensive". I have not had work done by them, but some of the numbers I had quoted to me for some work did seem a little high to me. You want quality though, many in the area would consider them at the top of that list.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #8
ZLWonton

Drives: 2014 ZL1 BRM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizz69 View Post
There are several threads around about them. Many say they do great work, but are generally considered "expensive". I have not had work done by them, but some of the numbers I had quoted to me for some work did seem a little high to me. You want quality though, many in the area would consider them at the top of that list.
+1. This sums it up
ZLWonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #9
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Just remember if they are expensive and customers still want work, they are obviously a good shop. You sometimes do get what you pay for. Trying to save 200-300 dollars at another shop may eventually catch up to you down the road if you want or need service.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #10
G Money

Thanks for all the replies ya'll. I pulled the trigger yesterday and made an appointment with Vengeance Racing.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #11
Ron@Vengeance

Drives: 2013 Artic White GrandSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Money View Post
Thanks for all the replies ya'll. I pulled the trigger yesterday and made an appointment with Vengeance Racing.

Gary, Thank you for choosing Vengeance Racing. We truly appreciate your business and will do everything we can to exceed your expectations!!

With regard to pricing, I wanted to say that we certainly are not the cheapest. We do not try to be the cheapest. That being said, we are FAR from being the most expensive. Our goal is to be competitive with pricing while offering superior customer service & superior performance over our competition.

Vengeance Racing = UNMATCHED SERVICE | PROVEN PERFORMANCE
Ron@Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #12
G Money

Your welcome Ron. All the research I have done on your company in the past month, how could I not choose Vengeance Racing..... Thanks for putting a GREAT stage v package together for me I cant wait.....

Last edited by G Money; 07-17-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #13
Gizz69
Tony

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Blk/Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance View Post
Gary, Thank you for choosing Vengeance Racing. We truly appreciate your business and will do everything we can to exceed your expectations!!

With regard to pricing, I wanted to say that we certainly are not the cheapest. We do not try to be the cheapest. That being said, we are FAR from being the most expensive. Our goal is to be competitive with pricing while offering superior customer service & superior performance over our competition.

Vengeance Racing = UNMATCHED SERVICE | PROVEN PERFORMANCE
Ron,
As I stated, you guys were a bit higher than I expected, but you have to pay for quality and a lot of people swear by your work. Vengeance is not a backyard shop. It is a established and well known business that puts out a quality product and charges appropriately for what they deliver. When I am ready to do something to the ZL1, I am likely going to be calling you guys because lets face it, the base car I am dealing with is a pretty big investment and I have to make sure that it continues to perform after being modded.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #14
Ron@Vengeance

Drives: 2013 Artic White GrandSport
Thank you for the good words guys!!

Gizz, we look forward to working with you. You are correct that you have a healthy investment in your ZL1 and you should protect that investment, that is where Vengeance Racing comes into play
Ron@Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote