Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #141
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
Q'smuscle. yeah, i was kind of taken aback by the junk comment too. gee wiz. so i assume all LS models are junk too? comon guys, all camaros are great cars, whether LS or ZL1 or anything in between. i am the original OP, and i was asking why there were so many RS packages, thats all. not if getting a non rs camaro is junk or not. gee wiz. should we all battle V6 and V8 again for the millionth time too???
Yea, that person shouldn't even have a camaro. It's all extras !
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #142
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacpac View Post
The wheel package also sets your top speed at 155, wheras the non RS package is 113mph with 18 inch rims and tires.
I understand what you're saying, but just to clarify, the higher speed limiter is available on ANY Camaro with 19" or larger wheels, regardless of RS package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AieaboyHI View Post
Love the RS package. Especially the SPARE TIRE that came with it.
Spare tire has nothing to do with the RS package.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #143
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
The only thing I like about RS that is a must have for me is that the HID headlights light up very nice at night. I can't see sqwat at night in my 2004 Dodge Ram even with the fog lights on unless I hold the high beams bar back so the brights and fog lights stay on at the same time.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #144
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaels2011 View Post
Just went from a 2011LS to a 2014 2LT/RS.. there are more than just tire size & lites….
For the 2014MY they added some more differentiation for the RS package, but the 2012-13 models only differed by wheels, headlights, roof ditch molding color, and shark fin antenna color.

Just going from an LS to a 2LT got you a bunch more changes, too.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
Old 10-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #145
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Since I am retired I hardly ever drive after dark, so the HIDs were not a high priority to me. I didn't care also for the RS wheel package. So it was easy for me to decide.
I am very happy with my 1LT non RS with the 18" IROC style wheels.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #146
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Since I am retired I hardly ever drive after dark, so the HIDs were not a high priority to me. I didn't care also for the RS wheel package. So it was easy for me to decide.
I am very happy with my 1LT non RS with the 18" IROC style wheels.
I hear you. I have always felt that the stock RS and SS wheels look more like Corvette type wheels. That is why I just bought these SLP wheels. These look kinda 3rd gen' and I love chromed wheels.

midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:52 AM   #147
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Because the RS package, at least on the V6s, make it look a lot better. The 20s mixed with the halogens on the SS kind of give it a retro look. The non-RS V6 models look just a little plain IMO.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #148
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
I didn't even know about the RS package when I went shopping for mine. I certainly could have lived without it. The day I need to replace a burnt out bulb will probably be the day I swap them out for halogens. I've heard replacement bulbs are crazy expensive.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #149
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plus1zero View Post
Because the RS package, at least on the V6s, make it look a lot better. The 20s mixed with the halogens on the SS kind of give it a retro look. The non-RS V6 models look just a little plain IMO.
Yeah my non RS V6 looks so plain....
Yes I have done some cosmetic upgrades but nothing that the RS package would have gotten me
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #150
AieaboyHI

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
I understand what you're saying, but just to clarify, the higher speed limiter is available on ANY Camaro with 19" or larger wheels, regardless of RS package.

Spare tire has nothing to do with the RS package.
Don't be hatin'. A spare tire came with my RS package. Obviously, it didn't come with yours. Oh wait....my bad.....you "chose" not to get the RS package. Personally, I think you only had ONE option when you bought your non RS.
AieaboyHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #151
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Don't be hatin'. A spare tire came with my RS package. Obviously, it didn't come with yours. Oh wait....my bad.....you "chose" not to get the RS package. Personally, I think you only had ONE option when you bought your non RS.
I think what he meant was the spare tire is not part of the RS package, it's a stand alone option. I have it on my non RS 1LT. But it's also not available for any of the SS cars no matter RS or not.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #152
Abomb1223

Drives: 2011 Camaro
halos were the only reason I needed. The tail lights, moldings, and wheels were all just a bonus!
Abomb1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #153
911medic

Quote:
WTH are you talking about?

The spare tire did NOT "come with" your RS package. It has zero association with the RS package. ZERO. Understand? Why don't you figure out what you're talking about before you talk smack, hmm?

Oh, and by the way, my non-RS Camaro--you know, the one I chose--came with...

...wait for it...

A SPARE TIRE!!! How is this possible on a non-RS car?!?!

Cats and dogs living together! Total chaos!

I wasn't "hatin'" before, but yes, I am now.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #154
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I think what he meant was the spare tire is not part of the RS package, it's a stand alone option. I have it on my non RS 1LT. But it's also not available for any of the SS cars no matter RS or not.
Thank you for responding with more tact than I have patience for today.