Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #15
Ksmoke

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT/RS
If he wants to look like a jackass he can look like a jackass. zero reason to do it, zero reason to defend it. /end thread.
Ksmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #16
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
I didn't bash on his car or call him stupid, just asked why someone would do that! I apologize for asking a question!
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #17
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlsinva View Post
Yes true it is their car they make the payments and what not but the point of the is there is no reason to put a SS badge on a car that is clearly not a SS unless you are doing it to piss people off on purpose and make yourself look bad and a idiot so why would u want to do that in the first place?
According to the 100's of threads about it on here, it must work....
Old 07-05-2014, 11:34 AM   #18
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLAZ1990 View Post
There's always that one butthurt person that defend someone in every post!
There is always that one, or several people, who stick their nose in another person's car and mods.

I don't care what you or anybody else does to their car. Why should you?
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:35 AM   #19
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksmoke View Post
If he wants to look like a jackass he can look like a jackass. zero reason to do it, zero reason to defend it. /end thread.
Zero reason to care if somebody does it.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:50 PM   #20
Ksmoke

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT/RS
If I owned an SS and someone threw ss badges on an ls..yeah I'd be annoyed.
Ksmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:27 PM   #21
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
When a car is fraudulently portrayed as something its not in order to win a show or to make money based on the lie, then that's a problem.

In the classic car world, some people have changed VINs from a wrecked or rotted legit rare car- say an LS6 Chevelle convertible- to a good but but rare example, in order to create an instant, good rare car.

The people that suffer from that type of fraud have a legitimate complaint.

When a new car has the wrong badges and we get up in arms about it because it was spotted on the street? Much ado about nothing. Yeah it's dumb.

I feel a lot of 'new-car' folks borrow from the 'old-car' crowd. I also feel that this 'faked' badge thing even being a real issue is borrowed heavily from that old-car group. The new car group has virtually nothing to fear, despite what anybody says: with the tracking and documenting technology we have today, plus the very well known system for VIN, new cars simply aren't going to be "gotten away with" the way old cars were once upon a time. At one time, even decoding an old car VIN was black magic. Then too, many options that were rare aren't reflected in VIN, back in the day.

Even GM, with its nonsense about parts for say the z/28 is doing nothing but making press and comment. The VIN tells the story, GM is talking horseshit when it says "this is to protected exclusivity". It's just to protect their profits so you can't make an SS the equal of a z/28 for less money than a z/28 costs at the chapel of GM. You might say "but the dollars don;t add up!". Sure they don't. Right now. GM is the only game in town at the moment for those parts in many cases. Today isn't forever. SO GM wants to stick the deck as much as possible now. I can't exactly blame them.

Anyway. As far as something like SS badges on an LS? Stupid. But the reaction it gets in out of proportion to the reality of that stupidity in my opinion. That doesn't make my SS 'worth less money'. neither does it make a ZL-1 worth less if I were to stick ZL-1 badges on my SS. How can it? My VIN decodes as an SS. All I've done is make it harder to sell my SS. And if I try to sell my SS as a ZL-1? That's a thing called "fraud", and the real kind, not the the "tossed around the internet like a beachball" word 'fraud' that gets used ad naseum by people that think everything they don't like is 'fraud'. That has serious criminal implications. And real easy to prove: check the VIN.