Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 09-09-2011, 01:35 PM   #29
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Im in a handicapped league and i dont like the way that works out and is run. Bowling is fun but the team this week i played all had handicaps between 60 and 98.....so there total pins were 54 each game, totaling 162 up on us from the start. Then all of them shot 150's and up, they should have only had a handicap of no more than 50 at the most, so we beat them pins wise but add the handicap in and they raped us.....i guess thats what you get when you sandbag the first week in a handicapped league
Old 09-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #30
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
Im in a handicapped league and i dont like the way that works out and is run. Bowling is fun but the team this week i played all had handicaps between 60 and 98.....so there total pins were 54 each game, totaling 162 up on us from the start. Then all of them shot 150's and up, they should have only had a handicap of no more than 50 at the most, so we beat them pins wise but add the handicap in and they raped us.....i guess thats what you get when you sandbag the first week in a handicapped league
I am not lying when I say I have been accused of sandbagging.

I was averaging 198 at the half way point of our league last year. We were 8 games behind the first place team with one week til position round and as luck would have it, we played the first place team the week before positions round. So we had to take all four games the week before, and then take all four games against them in the position round to tie them for record, and then win a best of three playoff. They had only lost I think 9 games the entire first half out of 63 so they were around the 51-9 mark.

We swept them the week before position round and swept them in the position round to tie them and force a best out of three playoff. So we had won 8 straight and was having to stay and bowl again.

Problem was that I shot 735 the week before and another 730+ the week of and he complained to the secratary that we were sandbaging and I should be re-rated. (The three weeks prior I had shot 550 at best and even a high 400 series. Average dropped from 198 to around 193.)

Well, it just so happens that Bonnie shot 120 pins above her average those weeks too. and she was getting like 50 pins per game. He was PISSED. Total poor sport. Even his teammates were not talking to him. The secretary told him there was no legitimate grounds to re-rate anyone.

Then, in the best of three we won the first two easily. And I shot almost 500 for the two.... lmmfao

So we had swept 10 straight games to win the first half.

BUT...................

Ya.

It sucks when people have those low 160 averages and pop off a 700+ series on your ass. You gotta be almost perfect to win.

I can remember a weekly traveling tourney back in the mid 90s up in Seattle area called the ADTBA. (Auto Dealers Tournament Bowlers Association) and it was a handicap tourney.

Best I ever did was 2nd place. But out of 400 entries that's not too bad. (of course I bowled it many times. lol)

But I can remember a freind of mine who was a scratch bowler in the stepplader finals he shot ok. Ended up with a 220+ game. However, his opponent ended up with a 319. How you might ask? Shot 279 that game and was a 150 bowler. So as it turned out, my buddy could have shot 300 and lost by 19. THAT guy was re-rated for that tournament. He averaged like 220 for the whole tournament.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:46 PM   #31
bee sting

Drives: 1997 30th Ann. Z28 & 2010 2LT RS
Sorry I had to work all weekend and didn't get a chance to post . Subbing tomorrow night so i'll post scores then .
Old 09-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #32
PQ
Booooosted.

First night tonight.

Shot 597.

Just bought brand new shoes tonight. Removable soles and heels. The soles were ok but I'm not a total plant bowler and my heel was gripping. So that's my excuse.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #33
bee sting

Not bad for the 1st night. I just joined a new team this year and all I heard was .. ease up ! You don't want a avg. That you can't roll next week. This is true but I was looking to shoot 700 so my bad I guess. With a 654 set and my last years book avg. Of 198 my new avg. Should be around a 208 . I'd like to stay around 200 but if I shoot high games every week I will . I hate sandbaggers .

I hear ya on the shoes ! I wear Dexter SST Myself. I have to have felt on the front haft of the slide and a red felt heal . If I used Amy of the 3 rubber heals that come with the shoes I'd fall on my face from the rubber grabing the lane .
Old 09-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #34
craigd853

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee sting View Post
Just getting ready for the Fall 2011-2012 Bowling League to start and wanted to know if anyone else Bowls ?
I'd like to start this post to see how people out there are doing weekly with your High scores - High Set - What place your team is in or any Achievements your earn as the year goes by . Would be interesting to see what Equipment your using as well .

Well i'm off to our Meeting and we start next week! Hope to see some people interested in posting up !
Bowling for the last 5 years after bowling as a child. Average in two leagues around a 210. Bowled a 735 last week and a 690 last night. All hammer equipment. just bought the Arson two weeks ago, what a great ball. Currently have nine balls, all drilled up differently with different cover stocks and the block in different locations. Although I'm competetive I still like to toss back beers on my bowling team. I bowl with a group of guys in one league and a mixed league on Saturdays. I am the lowest average in both.LOL
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #35
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Not bad for the 1st night. I just joined a new team this year and all I heard was .. ease up ! You don't want a avg. That you can't roll next week. This is true but I was looking to shoot 700 so my bad I guess. With a 654 set and my last years book avg. Of 198 my new avg. Should be around a 208 . I'd like to stay around 200 but if I shoot high games every week I will . I hate sandbaggers .

I hear ya on the shoes ! I wear Dexter SST Myself. I have to have felt on the front haft of the slide and a red felt heal . If I used Amy of the 3 rubber heals that come with the shoes I'd fall on my face from the rubber grabing the lane .
My team mate shot 778.

He kept telling me not to bowl lights out and he shoots that. But if you average 198 and above in most leagues you're not getting any handcap anyway. So it doesn't matter what you set because your not getting any pins.

Now if you want to bown, say, a 3 man scratch league with a cap, then you'll want to keep it down. I bowled one one time where I was the low book average with 164 and my team mates were both 220+ and the team cap was 620. Loooong time ago. I barely knew those guys but they knew I was new and my game was improving as I got the hang of it. I averaged 198 on that league. We didnt' win but did quite well in prize money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigd853 View Post
Bowling for the last 5 years after bowling as a child. Average in two leagues around a 210. Bowled a 735 last week and a 690 last night. All hammer equipment. just bought the Arson two weeks ago, what a great ball. Currently have nine balls, all drilled up differently with different cover stocks and the block in different locations. Although I'm competetive I still like to toss back beers on my bowling team. I bowl with a group of guys in one league and a mixed league on Saturdays. I am the lowest average in both.LOL
Holy crap. House shot?

And even still, that's crazy.

Last edited by PQ; 09-13-2011 at 01:54 PM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #36
XtremeHeartbeat
"The MistreSS"

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS RS 6M
My league just started last night... Coming in at a 199 from last year, shot a whopping 508... Really rough first game, new shot out there, and havent bowled since the end of last season. The team took 21 out of 35 points though, so I guess next week we'll try again.
XtremeHeartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #37
bee sting

Back from the 1st night of Tuesday night bowling ... 257 - 236 - 210 = 703 set ! That was a Great night for me but now I have a 234 Avg. !! Good luck with keeping that lol .
Old 09-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #38
bee sting

Quote:
Great scores !! I used the old Hammer Hot Sauce tonight !
Old 09-13-2011, 09:28 PM   #39
craigd853

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Great scores !! I used the old Hammer Hot Sauce tonight !
Got two of them my self, good ball for medium oiled lanes and the other is drilled up to go longer and snap on the back end. Nice talking to all of you..
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:34 AM   #40
bee sting

Quote:
Got two of them my self, good ball for medium oiled lanes and the other is drilled up to go longer and snap on the back end. Nice talking to all of you..
Thanks for posting Craig .. if your bowling this season post up some scores !
Old 09-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #41
Bonnie
Bonfyre

Drives: C6, 2005 Corvette
Guess I'll start posting my scores every week, I'm not a great bowler but maybe this thread will get me better and more in the game, first night of fall league was last monday and Randy is about to post the scores, I had a bad night and had too many beers by the last game but hey, better to start off with a low average right?? haha
Old 09-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #42
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Back from the 1st night of Tuesday night bowling ... 257 - 236 - 210 = 703 set ! That was a Great night for me but now I have a 234 Avg. !! Good luck with keeping that lol .
You don't have to. Won't hurt anything. You're not gonna end up below 200 anyway.

Quote:
I don't even know the name of the balls I use. Other than my white dot.

Here's our week one recap sheet. You see my team mate didn't have much problem. LOL Splits killed me. BOTH 10 frame second third games were a Greek Church and pocket 7-10. So many 9 counts I quit paying attention. lol

I just noticed I wrote the series for teams on the wrong sides. LMAO!!!

Name:  scan0002.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  101.5 KB