Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #29
Tom Henry Racing

Drives: 98 Brickyard,The latest THR build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Scott....that took me back....and I wasn't even there. But I feel as though I was...tears in the eyes and what-not...

I think the best thing Tom can do -- is to keep just a few fragments of the old building...and after that story - I highly suggest a soldered joint from the plumbing be preserved ...And let the "echoes" reverberate within the new building.

When I first heard Tom Henry Chevrolet was remodeling - I'll be honest, I'd hoped it would be finished in time for my delivery, so I could have really good pictures at a the brand-spanking-new building....

....But now.....now I feel truly blessed and fortunate to have had my ZL1 pulled out of the current building...to see it sitting in the tight showroom next to a Corvette, and a Malibu...It feels even more special to me, now...Perhaps it picked up a few of those "echoes" of the past while sitting there waiting for me...and I just needed you to tell that story so I could understand.

Long live Tom Henry Chevy....
Thanks, you better be coming to my grand opening! We have set aside one whole day for Scott to give speeches.
Tom Henry Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #30
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Henry Racing View Post
Thanks, you better be coming to my grand opening! We have set aside one whole day for Scott to give speeches.
Oh hush up you and post some more pictures!!!

(...is it REALLY TRUE that there's a sign posted along the road next to the construction site that reads:

"There were no stumps harmed in the construction of this building"

??? )

(..........I just KNOW I'm gonna pay dearly for THAT remark!....)
Old 04-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #31
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Great Read

This was a great read. Took us back in time when things were more personal for sure.The "good old days " were just that for sure.LOYALTY to one another was usually the greatest asset.A mans hand shake and word was all that was needed. We purchased our groceries from the neighborhood store from owners we knew personally.My dad purchased his autos,insurance,furniture and most other goods from the same retailers ,whom new us all by our first name.Things certainly have changed, and not for the better in a lot of respects.Enjoyed the trip thru time .
Old 04-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #32
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Do you have a planned day for the Grand Opening?

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #33
Tom Henry Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Do you have a planned day for the Grand Opening?
Seeing as I just have some dirt right now I am reluctant to set a date.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #34
Tom Henry Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Oh hush up you and post some more pictures!!!

(...is it REALLY TRUE that there's a sign posted along the road next to the construction site that reads:

"There were no stumps harmed in the construction of this building"

??? )

(..........I just KNOW I'm gonna pay dearly for THAT remark!....)
Actually there were a few stumps, Dragoneyes car being pictured next to one of them. And yes. you will pay..............
Old 04-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #35
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Actually there were a few stumps, Dragoneyes car being pictured next to one of them. And yes. you will pay..............

Lazarus' public name may be 'Stumpy'... since that seems like his natural tendency... Did you notice Joe gnawing on wood every time he was around your place ? He likes to build wood boats on the side. You know those Buffalo types.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #36
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Congratulations on the new dealership!!! It's nice to see a new expansion when in recent years I've seen so many dealerships vanishing. A few Chevy dealers closed around the Denver Metro area shortly after I moved here at the end of 2009 :( I took my 2010 Camaro SS to a dealer when I first got here to do my VIN verification. It was literaly abandoned like a month later when I went back to get my 2nd oil change for the car.

Thanks for letting us in on your experience and I wish you and your family continued success in the future
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #37
Scrapppy666

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
Grand Opening / Cruise / BBQ / ZL1 Test Drive Day should be in order

Pittsburgh Automotive Photography
Black on Black 2SS/RS w/ white stripes Dynomax 3" Bullet Catback, CAI Cold Air Intake
Scrapppy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #38
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Scott,

It will never be the same, but your brief history of Tom Henry Chevrolet is one of constant evolution. I can see the Tom Henry Chevrolet DNA in the gorgeous new building. At some point in your life you should write a history of Chevrolet from your unique perspective as company insider and member of the dealer family.

Tom,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I look forward to attending your Grand Opening.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #39
1camaro70

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99
thought this might help show what Tom is building
Attached Images

1camaro70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #40
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Tom and Scott.

I've been to your dealership twice now and each time the experience was the same..

Tom, your staff is exceptional, and you've always made me feel like a guest, never just another customer..

Knowing the little bit I've learned about your family, I'm sure the transition will be surrounded by many different emotions. But I'm very glad you've chosen to share this with us.

I'll be sure to carve out some time to see the grand opening. I wouldn't miss it.

Thanks again to you, your sister and Scott for letting us experience this with you.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #41
Tom Henry Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Tom and Scott.

I've been to your dealership twice now and each time the experience was the same..

Tom, your staff is exceptional, and you've always made me feel like a guest, never just another customer..

Knowing the little bit I've learned about your family, I'm sure the transition will be surrounded by many different emotions. But I'm very glad you've chosen to share this with us.

I'll be sure to carve out some time to see the grand opening. I wouldn't miss it.

Thanks again to you, your sister and Scott for letting us experience this with you.

Thank you! I've said it before, but some of the BEST friends I have, have come from the Camaro community. Cousins of course are another story..........
Old 05-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #42
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Thank you! I've said it before, but some of the BEST friends I have, have come from the Camaro community. Cousins of course are another story..........
we all have our crosses....

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote