Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #29
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroIOM12 View Post
How sad but true.

I have literally had people who wanted to buy a CAI for their own Camaro and not know if they had a V6 or V8, which to me was mind blowing. That being said, we have to make sure we provide installation instructions that limit anything that could possibly injure the installer, disconnecting the battery eliminates a lot of those possibilities!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #30
Offy

Drives: 2012 Black ragtop
Where does the box get it's air from, the stock duct work from the factory unit?
Offy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #31
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offy View Post
Where does the box get it's air from, the stock duct work from the factory unit?
Not really sure what you are referring to as stock ductwork?? The CAI will pull the outside air from the smae place as the stock system does which is through the inner fender well.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #32
texasrebel

Drives: 2012 Silver Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
Its really quite simple. It comes down to a liability issue for the .01% of people who will start the car with the airbox not installed yet or somehow short something out and/or have the engine turnover while they are working on it and get hurt, and then file suit because we the manufacturer did not tell them to unhook the battery cable before doing installation which would have prevented it. I am guessing that you will find disconnecting the negative as a first step on almost anything you buy that requires installation under the hood, its pretty common this day in age.
Hey Bill I can vouch for that, the main reason the manufacturers do that also is because somewhere, someone did that exact thing!
texasrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #33
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasrebel View Post
Hey Bill I can vouch for that, the main reason the manufacturers do that also is because somewhere, someone did that exact thing!
EXACTLY!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #34
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
Its really quite simple. It comes down to a liability issue for the .01% of people who will start the car with the airbox not installed yet or somehow short something out and/or have the engine turnover while they are working on it and get hurt, and then file suit because we the manufacturer did not tell them to unhook the battery cable before doing installation which would have prevented it. I am guessing that you will find disconnecting the negative as a first step on almost anything you buy that requires installation under the hood, its pretty common this day in age.

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #35
shadycamaro

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow SS/RS 1LE

Nice
shadycamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #36
Jetcop20
Jetcop20

Drives: '13 ZL1 A6
So $

Bill...CAI What kinda price will I get from you on this product for my 2012 SS or do I just order it from your website?
Jetcop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:47 AM   #37
Henry G.

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX,CAI,DynomaxVT,RX CC
Lowest common denominator. I got it. Thanks. Next thing you know firearms will be marked " Dont look into barrel while firing weapon".
Henry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #38
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetcop20 View Post
Bill...CAI What kinda price will I get from you on this product for my 2012 SS or do I just order it from your website?
Our system is currently selling for $399.99 for the "near chrome" finish or $449.99 for the "textured black" finish + shipping for each. You can purchase directly though our website, or through one of many of our authorized dealers. There is a complete list of authorized dealers on our website, and many of them are right on this forum as well. You should find the product by itself for the same price no matter who you get it from because everyone should be advertising the same price if they are an authorized dealer. However, some dealers do offer incentives such as free shipping etc. Hope that helps!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #39
CamaroIOM12
Jim

Drives: 2013 2SS Camaro Convertible
I use a chemical at work there is a label on the can that reads "If you can't read English do not use this product" figure that out
CamaroIOM12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #40
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroIOM12 View Post
I use a chemical at work there is a label on the can that reads "If you can't read English do not use this product" figure that out
Old 07-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #41
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
I like the dry cleaning bags "Warning! DO not place over head, could cause suffocation!"

LOL!

On the RX breather kit, you will delete the fresh air line from the drivers side valve cover to the CAI intake tube and use the provided caps to plug both.

The breather is only needed if you experiance oil ingestion through the intake tube....if not dont spend the $ and use as shown in the pictures.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #42
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
I like the dry cleaning bags "Warning! DO not place over head, could cause suffocation!"
Google "funny disclaimers" and you will find some good ones!