Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 09-26-2017, 02:48 PM   #1
SStorm_181

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
AFM Question

I've had a weird on going situation for about 3 months now. I have a 2SS and decided to upgrade to a full catback system. I went with the Stainless Works system and I really do love it. Unfortunately I have an automatic and failed to do enough research because I decided to go with the system without the $400 option that includes the AFM valves (I do have NPP functionality). So as you can probably guess I've had a C.E.L since the install. I live in Tennessee and have to pass emissions here soon so the C.E.L needs to go asap. I do have the old X pipe so I may be forced to throw it back on. I was just wondering if anybody has tried to cut out the AFM valves on the stock X-pipe and put them into the aftermarket X-pipe? The exhaust shop I go to seemed like they could do it but just wondering if it really is actually possible. I don't want them to cut it out and ruin the NPP X-pipe if I am still going to have a C.E.L.... Shoot me a PM if you have any advice please. Thanks!
SStorm_181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:56 PM   #2
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
https://www.jreperformanceparts.com/...module-set-v2/

Tags
afm, catback exhaust, stainless works