Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-21-2015, 10:27 PM   #43
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post
you're absolutely right about everything. How does that sound?

Besides how is your justification even relevant to what i said? I wasn't negative nor did I point at any one person however, I did imply previously that the "overrated V" is affordable by those whom are financially established. That is, older people who can afford it and/or those whom mommy and daddy buy it for them (exaggeration). Again, it was my opinion so please try and correct me or tell me how I am wrong in everything that I think oooooorrrrrrr please tell me how wrong I am about the people here in South Texas that rarely drive V's around (old people).
First, you still haven't told us why you refer to the V as "overrated".

The point is, that appeal isn't based on age, it's based on means. I drive a V at 35, matt55 drives a V at 39 because it appeals to us. To suggest that only old people drive luxury, or high-end performance cars is myopic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt55 View Post
So I learned so far
1 I'm old (39 and feel older)
2 my car is overrated (pretty much 4 dr zl1 and fasted car I've owned)
Yes, you're old and overrated

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:43 PM   #44
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
First, you still haven't told us why you refer to the V as "overrated".

The point is, that appeal isn't based on age, it's based on means. I drive a V at 35, matt55 drives a V at 39 because it appeals to us. To suggest that only old people drive luxury, or high-end performance cars is myopic.

Yes, you're old and overrated ound:
I stated in both posts that its my opinion. You may want to re-read that portion.

Also, as for those here where I live, who own V's are older folks. That's basically all I was saying. Yes, V's to me seem overrated because like you stated its pretty much a 4 dr ZL1, and it's just that... why would you want that? It appeals to you but not me. My views and opinions, sorry if my opinion is wrong... Which negates the fact it's an personal opinion.

Sorry to step on your toes grand-pappy! Lol
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:30 AM   #45
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
Why? b/c I dig fast/tune-able sedans......

.....that are overrated
Old 10-29-2015, 09:28 PM   #46
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
I stated in both posts that its my opinion. You may want to re-read that portion.
So the V is overrated based on...opinion? No substantive facts, or reasons that give rise to said opinion? I'm curious you see, as I can't recall ever hearing the CTS-V referred to as overrated.

Quote:
Also, as for those here where I live, who own V's are older folks.
And what age are the Huracan, 458 and MP4-12C owners where you live?

Quote:
Yes, V's to me seem overrated because like you stated its pretty much a 4 dr ZL1, and it's just that... why would you want that? It appeals to you but not me. My views and opinions, sorry if my opinion is wrong... Which negates the fact it's an personal opinion.
You understand of course the Cadillac is a 4-door, 5-passenger luxury car and the ZL1 is a 2+2 Chevy coupe. Ever stop to think some people prefer luxury over mainstream brands? Ever wonder why some people choose 4-door sedans over 2-door coupes? Let's not forget, the second generation V hit the streets 3 years before the ZL1 came along; the ZL1 wasn't even an option back then. Ultimately the CTS-V and Camaro are different cars in different segments. Show me a luxury sedan that can do what the CTS-V can do and then you can call it overrated. It's not that your opinion is wrong, just unsupported by anything you've posted here.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:01 AM   #47
ITRIEDEL

Drives: 2013 CTS-V
I test drove a 2015 ZL1 and I was dead set on it.... until I got into a CTS-V.

The ZL1 believe it or not felt so heavy. The CTS-V (although heavy) felt lighter on its toes.

It was really the interior that sold me in the end. I've never been a fan of the Camaro's interior. I wanted something a little more "classy" per se so I opted for the V. I will say that I was extremly dissapointed with Cadillac's options. My car is fully loaded and it doesn't have bluetooth or front sensors... My friend with a 2014 hyundai has all this. My 2012 mustang had bluetooth! Nonetheless I still enjoy the car. I will be scoping out the 2016 CTS-V's when they hit the dealer lot. Otherwise I've contemplated a BMW M4. I went and looked at one awhile back and they wanted 80k. I said, no thank you. Then I went next door and wanted to talk about the Hellcat. Dodge wanted 12k on top of the order form. I told them they were out of their damned mind, walked out and bought the V

Previous:
2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE
2012 Mustang GT 5.0 (bolt-ons)
2003 Nissan SER Spec-V
2008 Highland Green Bullitt
1994 Cobra 70mm Turbo (571rwhp)
1996 Mustang
2003 Mustang GT (bolt-ons)
1991 DSM FWD (2g hybrid)
1975 Chevrolet Camaro
1991 Corvette
1974 Chevrolet Nova