Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 12-20-2009, 09:11 AM   #1471
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDA_Skull View Post
Welcome. We are happy to bring in another fellow Camaro lover, for we have lost many too the Mustang. Ha Ha.

So does anyone else that has the V8 Standard trans, have the problem when you are just gradually accelerating from first into 2nd, When the "Shift Assist 1st-4th" Shows up on your display. Does your car not allow an easy shift into 2nd. Cause mine wont unless i pretty much hammer on it.
Yes, Mine does it too. It's an intentional thing called skip shift that GM put in the Corvette and the Camaro called skip-shift. Drives me krazy when I'm driving in traffic cause I can't really jump on the accelerator when there is someone right in front of me. So, like thebrainhart said I'm wanting to get rid of it. I may do the "mod" like he suggested.

I don't think we lost too many to the Mustang... Camaro outsold Mustang six months running. But they can sell all the Mustangs they want.... gives me more of them to let watch my tail-lights fade into the distance! I'm pretty sure I've seen that orange Camaro that SUPRBAD drives too. Welcome to our little group SUPRBAD.

Merry Christmas ALL.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #1472
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPRBAD View Post
To SSOOCH!!! May he be remembered for the joy he brought to all on this site!!

Shhh....
Welcome SUPRBAD!

Kind regards,
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:38 AM   #1473
SweetRide

Drives: 2LT RS Red Jewel of the West
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPRBAD View Post
http://www.jegs.com/i/SLP/847/21008/...oductId=760249

$29.99 and an hour of your time will eliminate your skip shift woes.
Oh great, here comes another pompous know-it-all who only has three posts on the website and is already spewing forth advice for all us newbies! Ha ha! He even has the audacity to put "fearless leader" by his avatar. I don't know if he can be trusted...

However, I knew this guy once who really liked the term suprbad, so I may let it slide simply out of respect for his memory.

Hooray for Suprbad!

"Now life can finally begin"

SweetRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:59 PM   #1474
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
Welcome new member Glad to have a newbie join us lol..
Old 12-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #1475
bokoo

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss/rs CGM
hey guys just to throw this out there. i have a nail salon opening up in a couple of months down in draper off 12300 s 241 e. i have over 10 years of experience. so if you ever need nail care service please come check it out! ill keep everyone posted about the grand opening date. thanks and have a great day!

bokoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:54 PM   #1476
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
[QUOTE=bokoo;1307867]hey guys just to throw this out there. i have a nail salon opening up in a couple of months down in draper off 12300 s 241 e. i have over 10 years of experience. so if you ever need nail care service please come check it out! ill keep everyone posted about the grand opening date. thanks and have a great day!

Is this your first Nail salon or do you have several?
Old 12-21-2009, 01:57 PM   #1477
bokoo

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss/rs CGM
this would be my second nail salon. i just sold my first one and moved from west valley to draper! much better place for business in my opinion

bokoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:57 PM   #1478
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokoo View Post
this would be my second nail salon. i just sold my first one and moved from west valley to draper! much better place for business in my opinion
Darn, that much farther away from me and Mrs. Lightning. (Man you wouldn't wanna see my nails. Wat a scruffy mess!) Keep us up to date anyway!
Old 12-21-2009, 03:55 PM   #1479
CamaroSSgal

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS, 1979 Berlinetta
Hi all! Thought I'd post up in here as well. I haven't had time to read through all 60 pages yet though! I'm foaming at the mouth waiting to get a 5th gen. Some of you may have seen what I use to own, at some of the local car shows that you all have talked about. I owned a arctic white 2000 SS until I stupidly traded it in on a 2005 Mustang GT in 2005. We did the STS twin turbo kit on the stang and lots of cosmetic stuff and eventually an engine upgrade as well. The car was good looking and fast, but it just never 'felt right' like my SS did. We still have a 2002 black SS, which we've named SSinister, that we have taken to a lot of shows as well. We're currently restoring/refreshing a 1979 Camaro Berlinetta and just recently picked up a 1971 Chev Chevelle that really will be a LONG term project. I sold my Mustang back in August and I can honestly say that I haven't missed it one little bit. I want another white SS/RS soooo bad but the hubby says we have to wait until the 02 is paid off. As soon as that is paid off, we can order one! That should be within a year I'm hoping. We live out in the Herriman/Riverton area so I'm hoping that we'll be seeing more of you guys! Cmon spring!!
CamaroSSgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:23 PM   #1480
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSgal View Post
Hi all! Thought I'd post up in here as well. I haven't had time to read through all 60 pages yet though! I'm foaming at the mouth waiting to get a 5th gen. Some of you may have seen what I use to own, at some of the local car shows that you all have talked about. I owned a arctic white 2000 SS until I stupidly traded it in on a 2005 Mustang GT in 2005. We did the STS twin turbo kit on the stang and lots of cosmetic stuff and eventually an engine upgrade as well. The car was good looking and fast, but it just never 'felt right' like my SS did. We still have a 2002 black SS, which we've named SSinister, that we have taken to a lot of shows as well. We're currently restoring/refreshing a 1979 Camaro Berlinetta and just recently picked up a 1971 Chev Chevelle that really will be a LONG term project. I sold my Mustang back in August and I can honestly say that I haven't missed it one little bit. I want another white SS/RS soooo bad but the hubby says we have to wait until the 02 is paid off. As soon as that is paid off, we can order one! That should be within a year I'm hoping. We live out in the Herriman/Riverton area so I'm hoping that we'll be seeing more of you guys! Cmon spring!!
Welcome CamaroSSgal! There is a white Camaro at Jerry Seiner as we speak. But I don't know if it's an SS/RS or not. You could call them and ask for Lance Bradshaw. He is one of the sales guys. He would know what it is. Hope you can get together with us when spring comes around. Maybe you could bring SSinister. We have a lot of fun with our little group here. Thanks for checking in.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #1481
sheslc4
UTAH CAMAROS

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Send a message via ICQ to sheslc4 Send a message via Yahoo to sheslc4
Quote:
just recently picked up a 1971 Chev Chevelle that really will be a LONG term project.
Welcome CamaroSSgal!! Nice to have another gal in the group. Look forward to seeing you at one of our get togethers.

Way to go on picking up the Chevelle. I have a front clip for a 72 El Camino hanging in my garage. I would let it go cheap if you know anyone...
Pfadt - Lowering Springs
Pfadt - Sway Bar Endlinks
Magnaflow - 2.5" Street Series Axle-Back Exhaust
Airaid Cold Air Intake System
Elite Engineering - PCV Catch Can
sheslc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:10 PM   #1482
sheslc4
UTAH CAMAROS

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Send a message via ICQ to sheslc4 Send a message via Yahoo to sheslc4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokoo View Post
Too bad you left West Valley, Draper is a long drive. Do you do pedicures too? Happy feet make me happy.....
Pfadt - Lowering Springs
Pfadt - Sway Bar Endlinks
Magnaflow - 2.5" Street Series Axle-Back Exhaust
Airaid Cold Air Intake System
Elite Engineering - PCV Catch Can
sheslc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:57 AM   #1483
thebrainhart

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM LS3 A6
Quote:
Welcome Pam!
Did you ever see that picture of the white 2010 SS at PeachDays?

She never came by and joined here, did she guys?
Attached Images

Some ProCharger, Alky, CompCams, Brian Tooley, Holley, Livernois, K&N, Ridetech, DSS, Kooks, JDP Motorsports, Pfadt, BMR, Prothane, Weld, M&H, Mickey Thompson, RKSport, Elite, Garys, Defenderworx, Anvil, etc.
thebrainhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:52 AM   #1484
thebrainhart

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM LS3 A6
FYI kids , as some of you may know, I've been working on a 2010 calendar of only 2010 Camaro's. It is ready for printing, just need to decide on the number to start out with.
If you're interested in one, go here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post1309843

As you guys are local, and I like mos... uh some of you, shipping isnt an issue (unless your distant), so its a little cheaper for you, plus I'll knock off a buck. Please remind me of that when you PM me.
Some ProCharger, Alky, CompCams, Brian Tooley, Holley, Livernois, K&N, Ridetech, DSS, Kooks, JDP Motorsports, Pfadt, BMR, Prothane, Weld, M&H, Mickey Thompson, RKSport, Elite, Garys, Defenderworx, Anvil, etc.
thebrainhart is offline   Reply With Quote