Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #295
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
I just don't understand why all new cars have to have fog lights. This car would look so much better without them. Let's see, did the 1st or 2nd generation Camaros have them??

The front also seems odd that the upper & lower grilles don't even come close to matching looks wise. And the upper grille with the one horizontal bar is still ugly.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #296
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
Dude, get a clue. The base car looks as much like the concept as we could make it. The SS has a more aggressive foglight/airdam area. How many times are you going to post the same complaint anyway? You should read back and see how you sound.
Sir, I already HAVE several clues. Thanks.

I will post my opinion as many times as I see necessary to counterpoint the rude people who imply there's something wrong with me for not liking the changes. I am not alone.

This whole discussion has evolved away from the changes to the car and is now just a bunch of personal attacks against the people who don't like them, so why are you surprised that people keep justifying their complaints?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlshky View Post

We all knew it (the V8&SS) had to differentiate itself somehow. Unfortunately you cant please everyone and some will like the changes and some wont. If something wasn't different about it then even more people would be complaining and saying at this point, "why does the SS look just like the V6?!?!"

Sort of lose lose no matter what they did.

So why not make the V8 look like the concept and put a wimpier front on the V-6 to differentiate that model?

Or, why not make them ALL look like the concept and save the development costs for extra fascias and grills for some other area where people may complain? If the thing doesn't have a USB port on the radio, yet it has separate front ends for each model then you may hear complaining that makes mine seem minor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxemics View Post
Absolutely amazing I love the changes done to the car it looks much meaner right now
Sorry mods for the multiple posts but I'm trying to answer several people's comments here directly without ahuge message filled with quotes from 10 people...

The simple fact that several people think the car looks "meaner" or "more agressive" and several other people think the car looks "cheaper" or "cluttered" means to me that the front design has failed to accomplish what I am being told it was supposed to do.

A truly great design will convey it's message to a much wider range of people.

Last edited by TAG UR IT; 07-13-2008 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Triple post. Use the multi-quote button, please. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:28 AM   #297
neo2227

Drives: 2007 Chevy Tahoe sittin on 22'
Ok can some one tell me please why we are callig this car an SS? Where is it confirmed that it is an SS model? Please tell me you guys are not just assuming because it has gold brake calapers that it's an SS.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:30 AM   #298
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo2227 View Post
Ok can some one tell me please why we are callig this car an SS? Where is it confirmed that it is an SS model? Please tell me you guys are not just assuming because it has gold brake calapers that it's an SS.
Another thread has a photo of a car with the same front end and and wheels on the set of a movie and it has SS badging all over it.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:40 AM   #299
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Quote:
The simple fact that several people think the car looks "meaner" or "more agressive" and several other people think the car looks "cheaper" or "cluttered" means to me that the front design has failed to accomplish what I am being told it was supposed to do.
this is not necessarily true...

Enthusiasts are harder to please than the general public. Because we have been so actively involved we feel as if we have a personal connection with the car, thus the feeling of betrayal when we find something we dont like.

This does NOT mean it wont appeal to the general public. It just means, all of us have built up an image of what we want, and all of us feel like ours is the best.

To think the average joe on the street would even be able to make the argument, "Well that bumper isnt anything compared to the concept", is a bit of a stretch.

Now i dont know why there is a different bumper there. I am sure it has something to do with safety, so it is out of my hands. I think we should be gratefull for how close it really is to the concept, not bitter for straying in minor aspects which are easily interchangable
Old 07-13-2008, 11:42 AM   #300
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
What is the difference people are talking about with the front bumper? Is it the lip at the bottom that wraps around the entire front end? That's so sublte that I hardly notice any difference with the other cars (ie: the white
V6--where the lip does not go around the whole front end). I'm more interested in Chevy getting an attractive grille in place and wishing they'd get rid of that "Knight Rider" vent (real or not) above the grille.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:52 AM   #301
niki1

Drives: 00īZ28
looks pretty good.
brakes seems good to me.
canīt wait to drive!!!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 12:03 PM   #302
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Last time I checked bolts required HOLES and so once your dealer mounts that thing you get to live with either an ugly bracket or ugly holes. Take your pick.
I might have a solution for people looking to remove their front mounted license plates. When I was researching the Malibu I came across this website: http://www.bumperplugs.com/BPindex.html

So if people want to remove their plates they can put these into the holes and make the bumper look good again. I apologize in advanced if someone already suggested this solution.

Last edited by PA FAST; 07-13-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:14 PM   #303
Srixon

Drives: '77 Suburban
New headlights are gross... i hate them.. ill probably find some way to change them to the concept ones, and those rear yellows are hideous. i love everything about this car MINUS those. so they must be changed, or changeable. or i might not even buy one.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:19 PM   #304
evilmaro

Drives: 5th gen in the future
idk, i think this version looks much better than the older one, the grill looks much meaner to me, headlights look perfect to me also, I'm liking everything about it right now. if that was the production front bumper i wouldn't be disappointed at all.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #305
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnEvilPenguin View Post

let the revolution begin! It is time to silence those who bad mouth that of which is The Camaro
we're not badmouthing the camaro first of all....obviously we love it or we wouldn't be posting here....

however its not looking like the concept like they promised it would...i mean even that silver convertible pre-production one they showed looks better than all of the pre-production ones they showed...the black convertible looks good too but i want the original front lower grille....the top grille is fine just make it silver and its just like the concept...

but again this isn't the final version the guys working on the car probably want it to look more like the concept more than anybody

I'll keep the faith but we must make our concerns known and we shouldn't be attacked like trolls for doing so

and i want afterburners on the rear taillights!!!

and another thing why are the side skirts and slits on the side much less agressive and much less coke shape bottled than the concept

Last edited by TAG UR IT; 07-13-2008 at 12:54 PM. Reason: double post...use edit button please.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:29 PM   #306
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
we're not badmouthing the camaro first of all....obviously we love it or we wouldn't be posting here....
...the top grille is fine just make it silver and its just like the concept...
I've seen this comment several times, but maybe it was just you on another page.... I don't remember the concept having a silver grill. Or are you talking about the bowtie? http://www.seriouswheels.com/2006/20...-1920x1440.htm

Oh and think about the difference in what any car looks like when it's new and clean and 4 years later when it's dinged up and dirty. That's a LOT of what's different between the concept and the mules.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:39 PM   #307
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I'm an artist (see avatar for sample of hand drawn colored pencil work) and I know how I am and how my tastes are. My first impressions rarely change.

I'll give it a chance to see it in person and maybe in different colors, but in my mind's eye I can't imagine it looking any better.

That you would encourage me to give it a second chance makes it sound like we're stuck with it, which is depressing.

No offense to those who like it and those who built it. I just think that changing away from the concept shape in this way was a bad idea and it's a safe bet someone could have predicted this would happen.

I can see the meeting: "We have 2 choices. We can make the thing look like the concept, which was very popular, or we can experiment with all kinds of different grills and hope nobody hates it. If we're really lucky we might hit on a grill that even more people love. Should we risk it? In the meantime, everybody brag on how close to the concept the car looks!"

word...lol

but i mean the concept was perfect...

but there are definitely things i can do in the custom market to make it look damn near identical to the concept...i hope...like the rear taillights are a whole different shape that it might be impossible to make the rear look like the concept...the rear lower bump you can fix

i'm just worried about the final product because i've gotten so excited over having a concept like the one in my avatar

but i mean in current form its so much better than the mustang...as long as the concept lower front bumper is available i'll just change it...i just can't wait till september

its like you love something so much your much more critical of it cuz you want perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
I've seen this comment several times, but maybe it was just you on another page.... I don't remember the concept having a silver grill. Or are you talking about the bowtie? http://www.seriouswheels.com/2006/20...-1920x1440.htm

Oh and think about the difference in what any car looks like when it's new and clean and 4 years later when it's dinged up and dirty. That's a LOT of what's different between the concept and the mules.
my eyes must have been fooling me but i prefer the golden bowtie with the silver outline...and something about the concept grille is like a gray to me

Last edited by TAG UR IT; 07-13-2008 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Double post. Use multiquote button please...thanks!
Old 07-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #308
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
i dont understand why lots of u guys are coming to fast conclusions on the car. why dont u guys stop complaining about the grill and what not, and just WAIT until the FINAL car is SHOWN. theres a solid 80 something days until the camaro is unvalied.

KEEP THE FAITH guys and just wait until the final car is unveild than make ur decision on wheter u like it or not

Closed Thread