Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-13-2018, 06:50 AM   #1
Junior

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 AGM
Send a message via Skype™ to Junior
P015B & P015D Codes w/ Stock Headers

Got a CEL yesterday and the associated codes were P015B & P015D (O2 Sensor Delayed Response - Lean to Rich) In my research, I noticed a lot of people getting this code after installing headers. I however have stock headers. I've only installed a CAI intake and axle back muffler deletes, though over 2 years ago. Only have about 40k miles, so it's hard to imagine a sensor going bad, but I'm leaning towards that direction. Any other thoughts? Was told to run seafoam through the gas tank, but I don't see the relevance. I'm guessing this would not be covered under powertrain warranty, so I'm looking to do as much DIY as I can...
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:06 AM   #2
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
It may be covered under the emissions or powertrain. I would call the dealership and ask the service adviser if the o2 sensors are covered under either, never hurts to ask.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:00 AM   #3
Junior

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 AGM
Send a message via Skype™ to Junior
Update

So tried the seafoam and 20ish miles later the CEL cleared. Buddy of mine asked if I got gas at the new Citgo down the road. It just so happens I did, the day before I got the CEL. Apparently that location (it used to be a Quick Mart station) was notorious for bad gas that antagonizes customer's emissions. I had never heard such a thing. Weird how the station changed hands (and presumably fuel resources) but still allegedly affects people's emissions. Anyone have a similar experience?
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:15 AM   #4
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
So tried the seafoam and 20ish miles later the CEL cleared. Buddy of mine asked if I got gas at the new Citgo down the road. It just so happens I did, the day before I got the CEL. Apparently that location (it used to be a Quick Mart station) was notorious for bad gas that antagonizes customer's emissions. I had never heard such a thing. Weird how the station changed hands (and presumably fuel resources) but still allegedly affects people's emissions. Anyone have a similar experience?
If they truly do use a unique new fuel source from the original, then the only common denominator would be the tanks in the ground. It's very unlikely they changed those out. But yes, over the years I have run into bad gas situations. There is one particular gas station in town that I won't even put in my lawnmower. I have repaired several customers vehicles from that one gas station. It's bad when I change a diesel fuel filter and literally dump sand out of their old one.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 07:07 PM   #5
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Same here, got both codes simultaneously for first time ever (38k mi) 1hr after gassing up on a very low tank at usual station (always 93 octane). Ran thru that gas then gased up at another station. Drove for 1/2hr about 20 miles but light didn't go out, so I cleared the codes drove for another 1/2hr 30 miles ... no light I then checked the readiness monitors and all was good!

Just to add, I have shortys hdrs, PTB, CAI, HF cats and VTC all of which have been on the car for 4+ years

Last edited by camguynj; 10-05-2020 at 06:24 AM.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote