Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-15-2010, 06:16 AM   #1
iyam_lorne

Drives: '94 Grand Prix SE
Giving up my life for my Camaro

I have a regular full time day job but Im saving up for my Camaro's downpayment for May 1 when it is to be delivered and I recently found out about another full time job as a welder. I called about it and they said its a term job that ends April 30. What a perfect coincidence since my Camaro should be here the following day and I can drop that money on the downpayment and be on my way with my new Camaro and back to just my regular day job. I called about it and got the job but I must really be desparate for this camaro because my regular job is mon-fri 8am to 3:30pm and then this new job is mon-thurs 4pm to 2am. So for the next 3 and a half months it looks like I will have absolutely no life at all but working 17.5 hours a day. Hope I can get enough sleep to manage it since this second job is a half hour drive from my home and I work so late and have to be up for a little after 7am to get ready to be at my regular day job for 8am which is about a 20 minute drive to get to. my new evening job starts next monday.

Just wondering also, has anyone else here taken on another job just for the Camaro?

ABM(changed to SIM) 1LT Automatic w/RS, polished alum, conv&conn pkg - May 1, 2010
iyam_lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:17 AM   #2
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by iyam_lorne View Post
I have a regular full time day job but Im saving up for my Camaro's downpayment for May 1 when it is to be delivered and I recently found out about another full time job as a welder. I called about it and they said its a term job that ends April 30. What a perfect coincidence since my Camaro should be here the following day and I can drop that money on the downpayment and be on my way with my new Camaro and back to just my regular day job. I called about it and got the job but I must really be desparate for this camaro because my regular job is mon-fri 8am to 3:30pm and then this new job is mon-thurs 4pm to 2am. So for the next 3 and a half months it looks like I will have absolutely no life at all but working 17.5 hours a day. Hope I can get enough sleep to manage it since this second job is a half hour drive from my home and I work so late and have to be up for a little after 7am to get ready to be at my regular day job for 8am which is about a 20 minute drive to ge to. my new evening job starts next monday.

Just wondering also, has anyone else here taken on another job just for the Camaro?
For that kind of money and time, sounds like you need to upgrade to an SS buddy!
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:32 AM   #3
iyam_lorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
For that kind of money and time, sounds like you need to upgrade to an SS buddy!
Yeah but the thing is, this is only a 3 month term job, which Im glad for because after may 1 my evenings will be full of camaro driving. Besides, this way I can pay off the car faster and have lower payments which is good since my regular day job doesnt pay all that much. And also, I really dont think the SS is for me. I dont trust myself with that much horsepower. I dont think those tires would last too long. lol. V6 is plenty of power for what I would use it for. Cruising.

ABM(changed to SIM) 1LT Automatic w/RS, polished alum, conv&conn pkg - May 1, 2010
Old 01-15-2010, 07:44 AM   #4
1stTimeV8r
War Damn Eagle!!

Drives: VR 2SS
Good luck on juggling both jobs. I know it'll be tuff at first but like you said, only 3 months.
Hot Wife, 2.8 KB, LS9 Cam, SPEC 3+ clutch, KW Variant 1 Coilovers, Pfadt F/R Sways, BMR Sub-Frame Connectors, BMR Tunnel Brace, LSR Performance Tri-Ax Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms, Kooks 1 7/8" LT Headers, MagnaFlow 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, Fesler Dual Gauge Pod w/AutoMeter A/F & Boost, ShowStopper UnderHood Accessories.....Tuned by John@APF = 627RWHP/542RWTQ
1stTimeV8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:09 AM   #5
VR Code R6P

Drives: 2011 Race Red GT500 w/ SVT Perf Pkg
You get weekends off.......what a slacker. LOL.

During the summer months, I work from 4:30AM to about 10:00PM, 7 days a week, from April thru August. I been doing this over 25 years, and it does get old.

I'm glad to see there is other people working hard to get where they want to be! Congratulations on the second job, and good luck with the Camaro!
VR Code R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:33 AM   #6
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Good luck, you sure are motivated. Just stay safe and get as much rest as possible.

For the short term you can do this.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:35 AM   #7
kjd15
Finally!!

Drives: '10 2LT Summit white, '68 Camaro
Good for you! You're working hard for what you want! Absolutely nothing wrong with that! Congrats!
kjd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:37 AM   #8
iyam_lorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Code R6P View Post
You get weekends off.......what a slacker. LOL.

During the summer months, I work from 4:30AM to about 10:00PM, 7 days a week, from April thru August. I been doing this over 25 years, and it does get old.

I'm glad to see there is other people working hard to get where they want to be! Congratulations on the second job, and good luck with the Camaro!
Whoah. thats insane. yeah i still get friday evenings and weekends off. i couldnt do your job. especially in the summer. where does a guy get time to drive a camaro with that kind of life? just curious as to what you do. are you a trucker?

Old 01-15-2010, 08:46 AM   #9
VR Code R6P

Drives: 2011 Race Red GT500 w/ SVT Perf Pkg
I own an aerial spraying business, and farm too. I get a lot of down time in the winter, but summers are pretty full. I get some time off due to the weather, but you never know when that will be. It does not rain much here in eastern CO. :(

I only drive my Camaro on nice days when I need to go to town for small things, so it is not driven much.
VR Code R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #10
chmccarty
Cars pick their drivers

Drives: Transformers Edition 2LT RS Package
The motivation and long work hours will pay off in the end when you get the camaro. I would recommend printing out several pictures of your future camaro and putting one at both work places, at home, etc. just so you can be reminded all the time what you are working so hard towards. Might help overcome the lack of rest you will get.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #11
iyam_lorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Code R6P View Post
I only drive my Camaro on nice days when I need to go to town for small things, so it is not driven much.
Oh man. thats so not gonna be me. when i get mine they are gonna have to pry my butt out of the seat and my foot off the pedal to get me out of it. lol.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:49 AM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
do I think your crazy? NO, I call it MOTIVITED.....and in the long run, you will come out ahead and will not have to dip into other funds.....so to me, you made the right choice, you have made a short term sacrifice to make your life better down the road. GOOD LUCK
Old 01-15-2010, 09:55 AM   #13
iyam_lorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmccarty View Post
The motivation and long work hours will pay off in the end when you get the camaro. I would recommend printing out several pictures of your future camaro and putting one at both work places, at home, etc. just so you can be reminded all the time what you are working so hard towards. Might help overcome the lack of rest you will get.
Lol. you know thats a good idea. i should put one as my cel phone home screen background. i have one as my laptop background and i have a bigger poster on my wall of the one in my avatar. also im usually here checking the camaro5 forum on my phone durring my breaks like im doing right now. lol. thats why you may have noticed the lack of caps. i type faster on my phone when not having to type caps.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:55 AM   #14
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
I gave up smoking, gambling, drinking and women. I miss the drinking.......
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote