Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #15
klawrencepdx

Drives: 2011 CAMARO 2SS/RS black,CAI,RAMair
Hi Everyone, thanks for all of the responses!
It is nice to know that I am not alone. I saw one of these threads one month ago and thought boy I have been lucky. Then of course!!!!!!

I will let you know how much it costs and a picture of it repaired.
Cheers to all of the good Camaro Peeps~!
klawrencepdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #16
Burnt_RS

Drives: '10 1LT/RS
Paintless dent repair can get these dents out. They use a small bar that looks like a bent golf club without the head and work the back of the panel. They use the end of the bar to slowly massage the dent out of the fender.

I had one on the seam that runs the length of the passenger door. It was terrible looking. Paintless dent guy took it out in less than a minute. He went down through the window slot (window powered down). I was amazed! I looked at the car on every angle for a few days, under different lighting conditions, and could not find where the dent used to be. Price was about $60 and he came to my house.
Burnt_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #17
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
lol it took me less than a week to get a dent in the same area, then the following week for my fiance to open the door into a guardrail lol
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #18
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
I had one on the crease of the door, right in the center, drivers door. Saw it everytime I walked up to the car.

I had it removed the day after I got it, took about 3 mins and cost the culprit $60. Yep, I found out who did it and made them pay!

I was gutted when I found it, but now that it's all repaired, I couldn't tell you where it was.

Good luck getting yours repaired.
Built: 11/18/22
VIN received: 11/19/22
On a Train: 02/27/23
ETA: TBD

2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible/M6/Shadow Grey Metallic/Adrenaline Red Interior/Carbon Flash Wheels/NPP
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #19
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN3WMN View Post
I feel your pain. I too received my first damage this weekend, I was rear ended on the freeway. So needless to say I'm going to be without my car for about a week at least. Sucks too because I'd only had the car 3 weeks. It's just really frustrating, the lengths we all go through to take care of these cars & other people just come along & ruin it in the blink of an eye.
My first damage was being rear-ended too, at only 800 miles... I feel your pain. It was almost 3 years ago, but that's a day I won't forget, at an intersection I now try to avoid.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #20
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Not me yet, almost 3 years and still no dings, no miles either 8800. Doesn't mean nothin' has ever happened to the car though, or any of my other vehicles. You just gotta roll with the punches.

This happened a few years back, someone hit a construction barrel and it flew in my path, these cars are fragile. As you can tell I drilled it with the corner of the car at 70 mph.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #21
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
My first damage was being rear-ended too, at only 800 miles... I feel your pain. It was almost 3 years ago, but that's a day I won't forget, at an intersection I now try to avoid.
Oh that happened to me too... 6 weeks after I bought it. 1600 miles I had on it. Rearended by an uninsured driver. Hadn't even made my first payment.

Then the door ding as mentioned above.

Then tonight, I walked past it in the garage and managed to clip the side mirror with a metal rivet on my pants and took a 2mm x 2mm chip of paint out of it. Just finished touching that up in the garage.
Built: 11/18/22
VIN received: 11/19/22
On a Train: 02/27/23
ETA: TBD

2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible/M6/Shadow Grey Metallic/Adrenaline Red Interior/Carbon Flash Wheels/NPP
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #22
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I hate the thought of these. Know my day is coming...But I guess they can all be fixed or replaced. Unlike some of our parts.
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:07 AM   #23
Blakk11SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Klawrencepdx, Sorry to see that happen to your Camaro. My fender also caught a deliberate door from a hater. It is almost like they are going around aiming at the above the wheel location.
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2012, 04:53 AM   #24
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Really?!?! WTF is wrong with people? No matter the car I am in or the shape of the car I am parking next to I am ALWAYS careful to NEVER hit the car next to me! It's called respect and some people really need to learn some.

That ding would drive me nuts, hope you get it fixed soon OP!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:53 AM   #25
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUPRA View Post
Oh that happened to me too... 6 weeks after I bought it. 1600 miles I had on it. Rearended by an uninsured driver. Hadn't even made my first payment.

Then the door ding as mentioned above.

Then tonight, I walked past it in the garage and managed to clip the side mirror with a metal rivet on my pants and took a 2mm x 2mm chip of paint out of it. Just finished touching that up in the garage.
Backed into my own neighbor's ratty old car... he didn't care but I did. I got it fixed the next day.

Spent the day at my best friend's house and come out to see some bad scratches on the rear quarter panel down to the primer - way beyond touch up. Required a paint and reclear of the whole panel which included taking out the quarter window and the door off. $890.00 to fix.

Got a dent on the door crease as well, and $50.00 and PDR later, it was gone...

It just goes to show, if you're at a Camaro club meet or a car show, never doubt that the pristine Camaro you see that looks flawless at first glance has never had its share of problems too. The biggest difference is, guys like us draw the line between those who don't care and let the cars go, and people who take pride in their belongings and want them to remain looking new.

Being nitpicky about things other people would call "trivial" such as little dings and scratches is what makes us car people and it's what will keep our cars looking great years from now. The first time you get a scratch or a dent/ding and look at it for a second and then say, "Meh, whatever" is the first day your car begins to snowball down to shit.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:34 AM   #26
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
I'm sorry to see that, but on the giving end of it it's an "oh $hit" moment. At least for me it was. When i used to work for Coca Cola i back up into a Jag. I waited for the owner to discover the big dent in his door, but he simply hopped in and drove away. I sat there thinking i was going to pay for the damages, but he didn't see the obvious and took off before i could eat crow. Sorry to see similar happen to you.
Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #27
klawrencepdx

Drives: 2011 CAMARO 2SS/RS black,CAI,RAMair
All fixed up......

Hey everyone.......just thought I would chime back in to say thanks for the love from my first door ding.

I had the local paintless dent repair guy hook me up. Came out the next day and massaged the ding right out.
Even with my ocd I feel good about the repair and will definitely go with him in the future.

Approx 45 mins in my garage & $150.00

Have a great day!
Cheers from Oregon

After

before
klawrencepdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #28
Dasein

Drives: 2011 CGM 1LT
Sorry this happened :( I recently found my first one as well; square in the middle of the passenger side door and about twice the size across. Glad to see you got yours fixed! It looks great.
Dasein is offline   Reply With Quote